IGNORED

Here's my swing- Finally.....

Note: This thread is 5299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't have any comments of your swing except where is the ball? So many people have such a different practice swing and hitting the ball swing. I have watched so many make these great moves in their practice swing then make some horrid move with the ball there. I want to see a ball being struck.

Brian

I don't have any comments of your swing except where is the ball? So many people have such a different practice swing and hitting the ball swing. I have watched so many make these great moves in their practice swing then make some horrid move with the ball there. I want to see a ball being struck.

Your like the 3rd or 4th person to say that..... Ok I'm going to be on the range for a while today at golf practice with the golf team, and my instructor(/golf coach) has a nice camera that he uses for video taping peoples swings. I'll have him video tape my swing, but the only thing that I might have a problem with is him sending me the video. I'll figure that out then, but if we can't figure anything out, I'll have to use the one in these videos. The camera I used isn't a video camera at all, it's just the video function on my nikon camera. On a stand. You'll get your precious ball-hit. Promise.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Well what I think is that it doesn't matter what take-away you use, all that matters is a square club face in the impact zone. But I guess with this camera you can't see that at all. I'll try and get a better one soon so you can give me some advice about my impact zone (if I'm not satisfied with what my instructor is saying).

Lately my irons have been all over the place. If it's not a 50 yard push, then it's a 25 yard pull. I've fixed my driver (IM BOOMIN IT), so all you really need to focus on are the irons please. thanks!

Taylormade RAC 58º

Well im trying to say that my average for the golf team so far this year is 3.5 over, but theres no room to say that. =/

ok i understand now. i have a hard time understanding handicaps. i like to go by what your avg 18 hole score is but most use their handicap. either way, it's a lot better than me, lol. what parts of your game are you looking for help in? you seem to score very well, regardless of what your swing looks like. as soon as i can i will get my swing video on here for some input as well. it can do nothing but help. there's a lot of knowledgable golfers on here which is great.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

ok i understand now. i have a hard time understanding handicaps. i like to go by what your avg 18 hole score is but most use their handicap. either way, it's a lot better than me, lol. what parts of your game are you looking for help in? you seem to score very well, regardless of what your swing looks like. as soon as i can i will get my swing video on here for some input as well. it can do nothing but help. there's a lot of knowledgable golfers on here which is great.

Well right now my iron play sucks. I NEED G.I.R's. I'm just not getting them.

Taylormade RAC 58º

Well what I think is that it doesn't matter what take-away you use, all that matters is a square club face in the impact zone. But I guess with this camera you can't see that at all. I'll try and get a better one soon so you can give me some advice about my impact zone (if I'm not satisfied with what my instructor is saying).

You are crazy to think where the club is on the take away doesn't matter. If that club is behind you there is no way you are going to be able to deliver the club to the ball correctly. It is the kiss of death. It is actually something that will be a bit easier to change. The golf swing is a chain reaction of events. I have never seen a tour pro with the club behind them in the take away.

This is the same problem I have. The club getting behind me and there is no place to go but over the top. With proper alignment you can not be successful.

Brian

Currently, my swing thought is to take my hands on what feels like a 45° angle back and inside. I try to get my hands very deep very quickly. When the hands go in, the clubhead stays out, and this also promotes a good full shoulder turn.

When you get a chance, can you comment in a little more detail on "getting your hands deep?"

Does deep = to the inside? Thanks.

Well right now my iron play sucks. I NEED G.I.R's. I'm just not getting them.

when u get a chance, post a vid of you hitting some iron shots. how do u score so well if you're not hitting any greens? if you have an amazing short game, i'd like to get some tips from you. describe a little what a common round is like for you as far as where you are missing greens(left,right, short, long?) and how you hit it(fat, thin,pull,push). the most description, the better some of us can try to help.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

• Administrator
When you get a chance, can you comment in a little more detail on "getting your hands deep?"

When viewed along your footline, deep means to the left.

Over the top pushes the hands out to the right. Hitting the ball from the inside means getting your hands deep quickly and keeping them there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When viewed along your footline, deep means to the left.

So you can have a takeaway and backswing where you are in a position to both come over the top and get it down on the inside, depending on what you do from there?

The difference being a OTT swing will push the hans out in front (or to the right on a target line view), while a swing to the inside will drop them down. One thing I've thought about sometimes when watching swing videos is where the hands should go and how they should be positioned in relation to the rest of the body on both takeaway and downswing. The club will obviously be a cause of where the hands move. I've seen swings going very deep and swings where the hands are positioned further ahead. I guess it's about which swing plane they work on. Some take it to the inside quickly, from there they move primarily up. Which would be a, at least, two plane swing. Some take it back on the same plane all the way. Regardless of that, is there an area or place where you want the hands to be close to on the backswing? Any reference area on the body which can be used when watching a video from down the target line? I used to take it inside (deep) quickly and just keep going further inside. Have experimented some with other ways, I don't feel quite comfortable with taking it inside and from there just take it up. Feels like my left wrist is cupping, or will cup when I go back down. Feels most comfortable with the feeling of taking the club back on it's own plane and folding it from the angle of the shaft all the way, not straight up and over the body. If that made any sense. :P

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Well what I think is that it doesn't matter what take-away you use, all that matters is a square club face in the impact zone.

That is kind of correct and kind of wrong. I get what you are saying as far as where you are at impact is really the only thing that matters. But, if your takeaway is not as close to "fundamentally" correct as possible, then you must add many extra movements to get the club face back to the correct position at impact, and having the correct timing to do this time after time on a consistent basis is almost impossible. If you get the takeaway correct, it makes everything much easier to repeat.

When you get away from fundamentally correct swings, then you begin to get in trouble with that particular swing performing time after time in a pressure situation.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

when u get a chance, post a vid of you hitting some iron shots. how do u score so well if you're not hitting any greens? if you have an amazing short game, i'd like to get some tips from you. describe a little what a common round is like for you as far as where you are missing greens(left,right, short, long?) and how you hit it(fat, thin,pull,push). the most description, the better some of us can try to help.

I think I might have fixed what I was doing wrong. I didn't quite take it to the course, but I was hitting it pretty good on the range. I played 8 holes today and shot +2. What irked me was the triple on the last hole lol. I had 10 putts in those 8 holes....and 2 G.I.R's lol. Yay for chipping! Anyway, thanks for all your help but I think the cure was as simple as just opening the face a little bit more on the backswing.

Taylormade RAC 58º

• Administrator
So you can have a takeaway and backswing where you are in a position to both come over the top and get it down on the inside, depending on what you do from there?

I don't know what you mean. Deep hands set you up to come at the ball from the inside, which is where you want to swing at the ball even for a fade (see the numerous discussions here about a pro's fade being a push fade, not a pull-fade).

I think the takeaway sets up the downswing... beyond that, I'm not sure what you're saying there.
The difference being a OTT swing will push the hans out in front (or to the right on a target line view), while a swing to the inside will drop them down.

That part is true.

One thing I've thought about sometimes when watching swing videos is where the hands should go and how they should be positioned in relation to the rest of the body on both takeaway and downswing. The club will obviously be a cause of where the hands move. I've seen swings going very deep and swings where the hands are positioned further ahead.

One thing to beware of is the exact camera positioning. If it's slightly off the hand position can be misleading.

Regardless of that, is there an area or place where you want the hands to be close to on the backswing? Any reference area on the body which can be used when watching a video from down the target line? I used to take it inside (deep) quickly and just keep going further inside. Have experimented some with other ways, I don't feel quite comfortable with taking it inside and from there just take it up. Feels like my left wrist is cupping, or will cup when I go back down. Feels most comfortable with the feeling of taking the club back on it's own plane and folding it from the angle of the shaft all the way, not straight up and over the body. If that made any sense. :P

"Deep quickly" is about all I work on. If the club gets deeper than my hands when the shaft is parallel to the ground, my hands didn't get deep enough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well what I think is that it doesn't matter what take-away you use, all that matters is a square club face in the impact zone.

Ok I've been following this thread for a few days. We have all seen your swing and we have read comments like I have quoted. I have never played with a 4 handicap that swings, talks, and misses like you?

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Ok I've been following this thread for a few days. We have all seen your swing and we have read comments like I have quoted. I have never played with a 4 handicap that swings, talks, and misses like you?

Same here. His recovery shots must be amazing. I spray it quite a bit myself, but never 50 or 25 yards one way or the other with AN IRON.

But there are plenty of ways to get it done, he has obviously found a way - or the listed handicap index is incorrect.

...Maybe I'm alone in that, but if I find something massively wrong, I'm excited, because I know when I fix it I'll see the big impact on my ball flight, scoring, etc.

You're not alone. I'm the same way. So much so, that I'm going to post a video of my "new" swing and let people take a rip at it just in case there's something constructive.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Same here. His recovery shots must be amazing. I spray it quite a bit myself, but never 50 or 25 yards one way or the other with AN IRON.

I play close to a 12 and I bet half of the "fours" on this site couldn't beat me.

Note: This thread is 5299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!