IGNORED

Here's my swing- Finally.....

Note: This thread is 5299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I play close to a 12 and I bet half of the "fours" on this site couldn't beat me.

Not sure about half but im sure I can beat some 4s as well

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Same here. His recovery shots must be amazing. I spray it quite a bit myself, but never 50 or 25 yards one way or the other with AN IRON.

Look, Im doing that RIGHT NOW. I never said I spray it 50 or 25 yards all the time. I'm having problems with my irons at the moment. I'm not playing to my handicap because of it. I never said that I am. Please stop assuming things? It makes you look retarded when the real information surfaces. Quell your assumptions please. I'm working on the range for 2 hours each day now, and probably 3 tomorrow. I'm almost back to where I was before. I'm playing probably to a 6 or 7 handicap. With my iron play. Probably after tomorrow's session it will be back to a 4, and dropping. Thanks for all the replies, but I think I'm good on the help I need. Iacas? If you would kindly close this thread?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

It must be nice to be able to devote all your time to golf. I am very confident that is the difference between you and I (that and 13 years).

If you couldn't handle critism you probably shouldn't have posted your swing. Mine is no better and I was trying to be helpful in suggesting you have to video tape real golf shots.

Have a nice day,
Brian

Brian

Maybe I'm alone in that, but if I find something massively wrong, I'm excited, because I know when I fix it I'll see the big impact on my ball flight, scoring, etc.

You're not alone. I'm the same way. So much so, that I'm going to post a video of my "new" swing and let people take a rip at it just in case there's something constructive.

I'm with you guys, I grew up playing golf and have just recently in the last couple of years gotten really serious about it again. I'm a pretty athletic and very well coordinated guy. I have been consistently shooting in the 70's and low 80's for the past year or so and have been doing it with a swing that had some pretty major flaws. I went and had my first lesson in 20 years last week and it was awesome. I knew I had been coming over the top a lot and making adjustments with my hands to get the clubface squared up but I kept telling myself that I just need a more inside swing. Well I found out that I was getting caught way inside and had no choice other than to come OTT. As Iacas said, I'm practicing "getting deep" quickly and it really feels strange right now but I'm hitting it much, much more consistent and much longer. I'm dealing with my misses being hooks now instead of high cuts. This has put me at the proper impact position and true, the impact position is what matters, but for me, I could not get there without making the correct move in the backswing. Moral of story, best 30$ I spent in a long time. Oh yeah, now that I'm in the right impact position, my divots are going the right way an are also a little deeper toward the outside which is causing my short iron misses to go a little right so I'll be getting fitted soon for what I assume will be a couple of degrees upright. Sorry if you fell asleep reading this.
"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a danish."

909 D3 Diamana Blueboard 63g
909 F2 3 Wood
MP-57's 4-pwIdea Pro 2 and 3 iron hybridsTour-W 52 deg wedge Tour-W 56 deg wedge2 Ball center shaft putterProV1

Look, Im doing that RIGHT NOW. I never said I spray it 50 or 25 yards all the time. I'm having problems with my irons at the moment. I'm not playing to my handicap because of it. I never said that I am. Please stop assuming things? It makes you look retarded when the real information surfaces. Quell your assumptions please.

It's a public message board my friend. My comments were not intended to do any harm. Not doubting you are a good player, just adding my 2 cents to the conversation.

"Deep quickly" is about all I work on. If the club gets deeper than my hands when the shaft is parallel to the ground, my hands didn't get deep enough.

Can you show a video of your swing or someone else's illustrating "deep quickly" and correctly?

It's a public message board my friend. My comments were not intended to do any harm. Not doubting you are a good player, just adding my 2 cents to the conversation.

Please, if your comments weren't meant to do any harm you wouldn't have used the connotation you used.

Your "2 cents" weren't constructive and the OP had every reason to react the way that he did.
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

Please, if your comments weren't meant to do any harm you wouldn't have used the connotation you used.

This is a ridiculous post. All you people that want to be great at whatever you do better learn to take a little criticism. The kid post his swing and gets comments he asked for. If he wants to be patronized then he should have put in the original post that he welcomes feedback, only of a positive nature.

This is a ridiculous post. All you people that want to be great at whatever

It wasn't constructive criticism which most people use to learn, it was bitching. That's why he reacted the way he did.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

• Administrator
Uh, so I missed the part where RHPM asked me to close the thread. Better late than never? Maybe not.

As for the guy asking about "deep" hands quickly, I've answered that before... somewhere. PM me and maybe I'll start a new thread or find a way to answer it in a PM or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!