IGNORED

ping tfc 149 or aldila serrano shaft??

mazza78
Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have option on nuying a ping g15 driver and these are the shaft options!! Has anyone tried or know anything about these shafts and who there aimed towards etc??

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

just looked on ping website and tfc 149 shaft has 5.8 torque and aldila has 4.0 torque! Can anyone explain this to me please??

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

If you want to have a fairly "high" trajectory, go with the Ping shaft.
If you want a slightly lower trajectory go with the Seranno.
If you want to go slightly lower still specify the Prolaunch Red from the WRX options list.
I find the standard Ping shafts to be a little too "whippy" for me.
The torque figure relates to the shafts tendency to twist during the swing.
The lower the figure, the less "twist".

In the bag......
Driver: Ping G10 10.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
3 wood: Ping G10 15.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
5 wood: Ping G10 18.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
Hybrids: Ping i15 20 degree AWT regular (on order!)4-PW: Ping i15 AWT regularGap Wedge: Ping Tour-W 50/12 AWT regular (on order!)Sand Wedge:...

This article might help a little bit in explaining the effects of torque...

http://golf.about.com/od/faqs/f/torque.htm

Hope that helps

In the bag......
Hybrids: Ping i15 20 degree AWT regular (on order!)4-PW: Ping i15 AWT regularGap Wedge: Ping Tour-W 50/12 AWT regular (on order!)Sand Wedge:...

Hey Smiffy,

I see you play the G15's. Just wondering if you tested them against the Rapture V2's? I'm trying to decide between the two lol....

Also,

Go with the Serrano, I have read great reviews about it compared to the tfc 149

I asked my local PING dealer about these. He said the Serrano shaft is targeted toward players who want a mid-to-low ball flight. He said the stock PING shaft is more of a mid-to-high shaft.

You'd probably need to demo both and see which yielded the best results for you.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I see you play the G15's. Just wondering if you tested them against the Rapture V2's? I'm trying to decide between the two lol....

The only G15 club I have in the bag is the Driver, and I haven't checked this out against the Rapture. Mine was a direct replacement for the previous G10 model.

The G15 is taking a little more time to adjust to than the G10. Despite what my pro (and others) say, the G15 does seem to sit a little more closed at address than the G10 did. I'm finding my bad shots with the G15 are straight pulls, whereas the bad shots with the G10 were fades. Same shaft, same swing (I think) so it's got to be the head, hasn't it???

In the bag......

The only G15 club I have in the bag is the Driver, and I haven't checked this out against the Rapture. Mine was a direct replacement for the previous G10 model.

You are scaring me.....I really don't like closed driver faces. I'm hoping my dealer will get some demos in soon. I'd love to try one.....10.5 with Serrano stiff.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 2 years later...

i have had the ping G15 driver for a long time now and admittedly it did take some time to get use to but now i have it is incredible the serrano shaft is the best out of the two as it doesnt seem as stiff as it is the G15 driver is the driver for any golfer and goes a mile when hit you can beleive me !!!!

Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!