IGNORED

so how often you put money on the line when golfing? :)

golfdad
Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me it's not gambling, it's donating

It felt that way for me, too, until I actually started to win $.

I play in a weekly $15 skins game that can get up to 30 players. So a single skin usually doubles your money. Good fun!

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

In over 20 years of playing I have never played golf for money. I play golf to relax and because I love the game, not so I can stress out over a 2 foot putt to win a few dollars. Of course whenever I play blackjack I freak out over betting $5 a hand. Maybe I am not cut out to gamble!

In my Sasquatch stand bag
Driver: G5 10.5*
Fairway wood: R9 4 wood
Irons: R7 3-PW OR Firesole 3-PW
Wedges: VR 52-10 56-14 & 260-4Putter: TraceyShoe: Powerband 3.0

We have a group from work that play Wolf every Thursday afternoon for a buck a scat. We used to play Bingo-Bango-Bongo, but it really slowed down the round too much, so we quit with that. Purposely laying up to get closest to the pin when you would typically go for the green because someone else already got 1st on, and then everyone follows suit. Took way too long, so now it's Wolf or Animals with side bets.

I also have a guy I play on weekends and we play $1 a hole, no carry overs, so neither of us gets hurt too bad, it just adds some pressure to the game.

I enjoy gambling. I usually play a $2 nassau or a skins game. The game I just got in is where we switch partners every 6 holes, $2 best ball, then a $1 skin game on top. If you get killed you lose 10 bucks. We play straight up and one guy is a scratch and the others are mid single digit. It is fun. If I make a birdie or three I can do ok, but I usually lose around 5 bucks.

Brian

Every Saturday we have about 30 players in a $20 game....we play modified stableford points; pay 4 places(net +/- points) + CTP's & Skins.....total payout is usually $400-500. We hold out $4 per man and at the end of 6 months have a two day tournament with a $3K payout where every player gets at least $50 back. The course discounts our green & cart fees so we pay summer rates year round (Tampa, FL)......this game has been going on for years....

My regular foursome plays a $2 Nassau with $.50 greenies & skins or a $2 Round Robin.

I SUCK so bad, I would never dream of adding more money to an already expensive hobby/sport.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

we gamble every weekend in my usual 4. $1 skins par or better, $2 green, $3 sand, $5 birdies, $10 eagles

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I played when money wasn't on the line! I even bet myself when I play alone .

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

would love to hear some stories....

Most of the time its a team game, 1 ball / 2 ball usually 15-20 bux a stick with a pay ball pot. The rest of the time a skins game with carry overs with a pay ball pot sometimes.

Play'n for money keeps my head into the game much more and subsequently I tend to play better. The most I've lost was 60 bux and the most I've won was 180 bux. I don't think I've made it back to even though.

I only have one or two pals I play for money with and that usually goes to beer and food afterwards anyways. However, it is a lot of fun to hammer the last hole and win a whole slew of skins building up to that point.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play with a few different groups and in general there is money involved. One group everyone puts $5 in the pot and and at the end of the round we pay $5 for CTP and $10 to low net until the pot it gone. There usually are about 20-25 golfers in the game.

The second group plays a $5 Nassau with an automatic press on the back nine ($20 if you lose/win 4 ways). Score is based on two best net balls per foursome. Can get expensive if you lose 4 ways to a couple/three foursomes. But the group is small and there usually are only a couple of foursomes.

But I enjoy it and also play skins, Wolf, and other games but try to keep the money involved to less than $40 or the game begins to take on a character that isn't as much fun for me. If I begin to lose too often I spend more time on the practice range and less on the course until I turn it around.

Butch

Once a month I play a 8-10team 18hole scamble. With closest, long drive, closest in 3's and birdie pool / skins. My team is always in the top 3 so at worst im only evr shelling out 5-15$ to the winners and only if there was alot of birdies. Most we ever won was like 150$ a pop for having the only skin on a day with a ton of birdies then coming in 2nd place got us a little more. But the real money is in the birdies.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!