IGNORED

AK splts with caddie...kind of.

Note: This thread is 4305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/shag-b...-caddie-33170/

This article makes it sound like they've split forever, when AK is only just letting him go for the rest of the year, but leaving the door open for next year.

AK says it has nothing to do with the aftermath of the President's Cup. What do you think the reason is.

dagnabit. I knew there was a reason i wasn't playing well. Need to fire my caddy...or at least give him the rest of the year off.

Yes, this sounds like it could be the solution.

Wait ... I carry my own clubs......

Yeah Norm, I hear you. If I missed a bunch of birdie putts like AK I'd fire my caddy too. It MUST be somone else's fault but mine! lol

Everybody misses a bunch of birdie putts. Also, last time I checked, AK is second in birdie average, and second in putting average. And you must not have any clue how important a caddie is.

actually... how important is a caddy? On tour that is?

Ive never actually thought of that, I know they get yardages and stuff like that, but what else does a tour caddy do?

Jim

Everybody misses a bunch of birdie putts. Also, last time I checked, AK is second in birdie average, and second in putting average. And you must not have any clue how important a caddie is.

AK is 162nd in GIR so clearly Kim knows what he needs to work on. Certainly AK can putt the ball. Although clearly his putting stats are helped out by missing so many greens, leaving him (comparatively) more short one putts after his recovery shots. Meanwhile, Steve Stricker is 42nd in GIR, making what he does with the short stick (number one in putting overall) that much more impressive.

A professional with a caddy is not entirely unlike a marriage. Although when things get out of sorts it's far easier to divorce a caddy. Just personal preferrence. No player is obligated to any caddy and it works both ways.

Caddies should be prepapred to provide advice on yardage of all important features, slope of the green, best place to hit the green, club selection for approach shots, and reads on the green. We don't know what has been transpiring on the fairway between AK and his caddy. He may have been askng for this type of advice from his caddy and not getting the feedback he wants. I suspect that for most Tour players, the caddy acts as a springboard to confirm their own ideas, IOW, "I'm thinking a 5i so I can clear that bunker and land in the front RH quarter of the green and let it roll to the pin." The caddy might respond with "the green slopes pretty severely to the right on the front half of the green and you might not make it to the top of that ridge with the roll from a 5i, I suggest a a soft 4i to the center, it will roll past the pin but then you have a fairly straight uphill putt for birdie" or something like that.

Or, maybe we're all wrong. Maybe AK turned to his caddy during the President's Cup and says "I'm getting hungry, hand me one of those Slim Jims" and his caddy responds "uh, I thought those were all for me, I just ate the last one....I have half a granola bar if you want it."

Or, maybe we're all wrong. Maybe AK turned to his caddy during the President's Cup and says "I'm getting hungry, hand me one of those Slim Jims" and his caddy responds "uh, I thought those were all for me, I just ate the last one....I have half a granola bar if you want it."

HAHA -

I wouldn't put it past him...

Note: This thread is 4305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!