IGNORED

unsolicited swing tips

pounc007
Note: This thread is 5298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is my 2d attempt to reply to this thread....seems that I used invisable type the first go round as it had just vanished!! Anyhow, some guys on the range attempt to 'assist' others, they really think they are doing a service..if you know these guys then you know their intentions, if you don't know these guys from Adam, then that is a different story, but I don't think a bet would in order, unless ofcourse he was irritating and persistant after telling him you need no help. Just my opinion. Hit 'em long and straight guys, I'm out.

Looks like you are swinging from the outside in and trying to kill the ball. What you need to do is.............

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I've only encountered this once, so I'm not exactly well-versed, but the one time someone stepped in and - politely - interrupted me with some advice about chipping, it actually helped! Since then, I've taken a handful of lessons, and when we approached chipping the pro asked me to take a couple shots so he could observe, and said that my technique was already built on solid principles so the whole thing would be easier!

That's not to say I'm good around the green

I'm way too intimidating and unapproachable for most people Actually this hasn't happened in years, but when I was first starting out, there was a point when I was visibly frustrated that I couldn't hit the ball well. Someone intervened at that point in a polite way. Just about everybody in the world was better than me, so I couldn't argue with him and appreciated the direction.

Man, I'd love it if someone would gather the nerve to come and talk to me now. Either he has a much poorer understanding of the golf swing than I do and I could help him out, or he knows what he is talking about and could help me out. If it's a jerk who has no idea what he's talking about and likes to just assert his authority and get people riled up, that would be pretty apparent. The best response is to not get riled up but remain objective. That usually sends people storming off and saying things about you under their breath. I'd likely feel more embarrassed for him than anything if that happened...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Note: This thread is 5298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!