IGNORED

I played with a distance machine today!!

Golfaway
Note: This thread is 5288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think what people are getting at is that he must have flaws because if he didn't he would be at least scratch. I mean you said he's carrying drives further than the pro's and sticking wedges to 10 feet he should be easily shooting under. I mean think about it basically he would never hit more than a 8 iron into any par 4 and maybe no more than a 5 iron into par 5s. Plus your saying he sticks his wedges which would be the majority of what he hits into greens. I'm not saying its not true but he must have some flaws that prevent him from shooting very low scores.

He says his HC is 7 but thinks he plays more to a 1 or 2. Also a few bad putts in 18 holes can kill a HC.

I followed a foursome of collage golfers this summer and got to watch them tee off most of the day. Two of the four were hitting their drives 300 to 340 most off the time. Its amazing to watch youngsters bomb it that far. Don't know what there HC's were, but they could sure bomb it!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

He says his HC is 7 but thinks he plays more to a 1 or 2. Also a few bad putts in 18 holes can kill a HC.

Read his post he said his short game is top notch. I know putting can kill a round quickly but if it is his putting than he must really not be able to putt because basically a 2 putt would lead to a par. My point was that with that distance and a top notch short game shooting under par shouldn't be a problem. I mean he might miss a lot of greens or he can't putt and I'm just interested to find out.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I say video or it didn't happen.

You guys wondering about the guy's short game; rest assured, it's top notch. He can stick his approach to within no more than 10 feet from the flag. He's a registered 7 handicap but I am sure he plays to 1 or 2 maximum. He's just that good. He's been playing since 3 for god's sake.

If he is as good as you say, why is he "registered" as a 7. If he's a 1, he's a 1.

This description doesn't even match any pro golfer.
The guy averages 320 yards of carry while the longest professional golfer in distance is Bubba Watson averaging 315 carry+roll.

He never hits it to more than ten feet from the flag, while Tiger Woods approach shots are on average 19 feet from the hole from 100-125 yards out and 34 feet from 200-225.

And he hits his pw 185 yards, I don't even know what to compare that too. 'Tiger would hit a six iron or club up Four times'

Doesn't sound very glamorous when it's put this way. "I was golfing with this guy that averaged 298 yards with his driver off the T, was able to wedge to about 20 feet on average for most of his close approach shots and one putted on eight holes."

^That guy sounds like a good golfer, no wait he is the best golfer in the world, Tiger Woods.

This description doesn't even match any pro golfer.

Here's how I help my newbie golfing buddies find their lost drives-I take them 30-35 yds back from where they think it is. Takes a lot of golf before most people get any good at gauging distance.

Note: This thread is 5288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!