IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

Right now I am working it as pushing my left hip back and forward to straighten my hips out and begin sliding them along the target line or slightly open to it.

I was working on this same thing earlier tonight and had some good results. I found this video too for those who are interested.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

• Administrator
With stack and tilt, does the ball get placed in thecenter of the stance with the driver or is it still more forward ?

More forward. Heel of the front foot or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With the ball on the heel of the front foot and utilizing a stack and tilt swing, won't this help create a fade/slice as there is a better chane of hitting the ball after the center of the swing radius around the body ( out to in ) ? What adjustments do people commonly make to keep a straight/draw shot?

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

• Administrator
With the ball on the heel of the front foot and utilizing a stack and tilt swing, won't this help create a fade/slice as there is a better chane of hitting the ball after the center of the swing radius around the body ( out to in ) ? What adjustments do people commonly make to keep a straight/draw shot?

1. Weight forward further, longer.

2. Arms straight, handle forward and raising. Both will push the point of tangency further forward so you can still hit the ball on the back side of the circle.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think you nailed it when you said handle forward. I definitely don't do this now with my driver swing. I have the weight forward etc, but need to add an adjustment to the handle.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

Hey Erik-I have been having some great success with S&T; but find that I am pulling the crap out of a couple of drives per round. I play with an open stance and think that I may be overdoing that at times but wanted your opinion on what else you think could be going on. As an aside, I love this swing! It has re-invigorated my golf game in ways that I did not think were possible. Even clanged a pin this past Saturday with a 6 iron! (may not sound like much but with how my game had been going the past couple of years this has been great).

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I just recently started playing around with some S&T; elements. I've been using a one plane swing for awhile now and the transition to S&T; is pretty simple. However on my driver swings I am hitting the ball really low. They tend to go straight, but I am getting no launch. It's like at impact I have the club so delofted that I can't get any launch. I have no problem launching the ball with the swing I've been using though.

Any ideas?

• Administrator
Hey Erik-I have been having some great success with S&T; but find that I am pulling the crap out of a couple of drives per round. I play with an open stance and think that I may be overdoing that at times but wanted your opinion on what else you think could be going on.

Assuming you're hitting an actual pull - the ball flies straight but starts and stays left of the target the entire time - then the circle simply hasn't gotten far enough forward. The hips have probably spun pretty early and you've come over them slightly. The longer the club, the more forward you have to get - and the driver's the longest club (does not apply to putting with a belly putter

).
I just recently started playing around with some S&T; elements. I've been using a one plane swing for awhile now and the transition to S&T; is pretty simple. However on my driver swings I am hitting the ball really low. They tend to go straight, but I am getting no launch. It's like at impact I have the club so delofted that I can't get any launch. I have no problem launching the ball with the swing I've been using though.

Same as the above. Belt forward, butt tucked beneath you, head remaining steady = higher ball flight with more loft. Pushing the ball and then drawing it back will give you a higher ball flight as well.

Thanks Erik! Push, push, push those hips.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
Problem I'm having is when I go for the big hip push, I think my sternum is falling backwards and I end up coming 'unstacked'...

You do become unstacked on the downswing. But you should do it by the lower center moving well in front of a fixed upper center, not the upper center falling well back of a lower fixed center.

Have any S&T; adopters had problems with duck-hooks and straight-overdraws? I'm suddenly missing way left off the tee, and hitting my long irons really low. Mid irons through wedges vary from push to overdraw.

I'm going to do some work with tomorrow, based on the book's #3 fault tree, but I'd appreciate any suggestions.
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

I have had the same issue. With your swing coming more from the inside, you need to open the face of your club to the target line. Otherwise your clubface with be too closed with respect to the swing path and cause a hook or straight overdraw. It takes a bit of adjustment because we are so used to having an open face cause a fade or slice with an out to in swingpath.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Have any S&T; adopters had problems with duck-hooks and straight-overdraws? I'm suddenly missing way left off the tee, and hitting my long irons really low. Mid irons through wedges vary from push to overdraw.

Indeed I have. I went from hitting the right rough and right trees to hitting the left rough and left trees. There is more to it than getting the swing from out-to-in to in-to-out. For me, I think it is partly because of a club face being too square, but also lack of left arm pit pressure, which gets my swing path in-to-out instead of in-to-in.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

HUGE set back for me in regards to S & T this weekend. Everything is FAT, and not just fat but FAT.

Back to the drawing board to tweak things.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood

Nice to see you here, Nick. I must have watched your Basics and Positions videos on YouTube a couple dozen times each already. They've been a big help. Thanks!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon