IGNORED

new driver time

Note: This thread is 4133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not that i have managed to out grow my current driver, but after so many throws and smashing of tees, it is time to get a new one. I currently have a nike 5900, but with a regular flex shaft. Taking slow motion video shows that this shaft is clearly not stiff enough. I love the 5900 but I am intrigued at the new diablo driver. What are your guys take on the drivers. Im def still a high handicap golfer but usually hit the ball consistently straight.

Not that i have managed to out grow my current driver, but after so many throws and smashing of tees, it is time to get a new one. I currently have a nike 5900, but with a regular flex shaft. Taking slow motion video shows that this shaft is clearly not stiff enough. I love the 5900 but I am intrigued at the new diablo driver. What are your guys take on the drivers. Im def still a high handicap golfer but usually hit the ball consistently straight.

Ive heard the diablo puts it just as straight as any of the other forgiving drivers, but doesnt put out as much distance.

So many throws? Do you typically throw your driver after you hit your consistently straight drives?

well i want to get a new one only because there are alot of dings and crap on the bottom of the club from beating it into the ground on mishits.

I would focus on improving my swing with the driver you have first. Getting a new driver isn't going to instantly improve those mishits where you beat it into the ground and you'll end up with a brand new driver with nice dings on it in no time.

So many throws? Do you typically throw your driver after you hit your consistently straight drives?

lmao...........that what I was thinking.

As far as drivers are concerned, I was sold on TaylorMade drivers for years until I bought my . Give them a shot when you demo drivers.

I love my current driver.......Cobra L5V 11.5 loft, reg shaft.

I play it in the 1 degree closed mode as my older cobra LD M speed Offset was causing too many pulls.

Hands down, I think the Cobra's are the way to go....and you don't have to go new...there are plenty out there on the pre-owned market (Edwin Watts, Golfsmith, etc.)

I have tried others (Callaway, Adams, Nicklaus, Ping) but keep going back to the Cobra's

try gettin the sumo2 5900 from dicks with the proforce v2 stiff on it its only like 140 at the store but its 200 online

yea the throwing fits have been done for a while. Thats why i was thinkin it was time for a new driver that wont suffer the same fate. There were quite some throws, had to climb a tree once.

yea the throwing fits have been done for a while. Thats why i was thinkin it was time for a new driver that wont suffer the same fate. There were quite some throws, had to climb a tree once.

Then maybe you should stay with the SLINGSHOT!

Note: This thread is 4133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!