IGNORED

Heavier club head = ball goes farther?

Note: This thread is 2342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nobody is going to read those posts and you did not quote anyone with your second post-So nobody knows who you're even talking to.

Also this thread was last posted to in January, and before that, 2014, and then quickly 2013.

Agreed... I give it a :doh:

Even if the post is reasonable, no one wants to read a one pager, one paragraph.

Oh, I see, he is doing it for therapeutic reasons.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are you the site moderator?? I am going to be kicked off and my account suspended lol.

That's the most sense you've made so far in any of your posts.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Would you like to get in to an argument with me on golf and grammar? Because if you do, you will lose horribly.

Says the guy who wrote  " I could care less". :whistle:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

You still out there shorty? I wanted to discuss a variety of topics with you. You seem like a nice guy. I guess you rather just be one of those types that trolls around and tries to make people feel bad for stating their opinion. I never will understand how a person can ridicule somebody else, and he has no original thoughts of his own to ever add. I have mastered everything their is to know about the golf swing, and I am trying to learn as much about equipment as possible, and eventually or hopefully can build a set exactly like I want them. It is the final step in the process. I should have learned more about equipment a long time ago, but I never dreamed when I began my quest for swing understanding and machine-like play it would take 30 years. Unless I am dead wrong in the signs I am seeing, or in what the Holy Spirit is whispering without ceasing to the very core of my being, I will be holding some First Class Trophies in the near future. If determination, hard work, and know how, are the main ingredients that make it happen I am there. Now it is time to work on the Spirit, Character, Humble self belief, and the overall mental side of the game, along with stepping into the arena with two sets of perfectly designed clubs, which I felt no need to spend the big money on until I knew the swing. I am looking for insight, but I have some basic parameters that are a must I feel. Zero offset throughout the bag, around a D7 plus swingweight with XX stiff shafts with a feel that resembles a telephone pole. I do not want to have any flex and I want the clubhead to be indistinguishable in its weight from the shaft. I want every club to feel like I am swinging through the ball with the end of the shaft, and a clubhead just happens to be attached out of necessity lol. I am trying to figure out who I want to make my clubs, and how I can get the separate components I want. If you have ever seen the movie "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly", I want to be able to put my clubs all together like Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez did when he robbed the old man who owned the store he wandered upon after his trek through the desert. Revolvers ! Revolvers !, he said. Then he raked all the junk on display on top of the glass in to the floor. The shop owner said here is where I keep the best ones, and he starts laying them out for him. Colt, Smith Wesson, Remington, Colt etc. Tuco then precedes to disassemble about four individual revolvers and makes one perfect one out of the best parts from each of the four. This is how I want to assemble my clubs.

What would you like to talk about? Golf, college football, politics, philosophy, religion, or how to be a jerk, which you seem to prefer to civilized conversation.

• Administrator
Would you like to get in to an argument with me on golf and grammar? Because if you do, you will lose horribly.

NO reply!! That is what I thought. Go out and shoot your typical 130 from the red tees, and come back when you have something of value to enlighten me with.

Uhhh…

You still out there shorty? I wanted to discuss a variety of topics with you. You seem like a nice guy. I guess you rather just be one of those types that trolls around and tries to make people feel bad for stating their opinion. I never will understand how a person can ridicule somebody else, and he has no original thoughts of his own to ever add. I have mastered everything their is to know about the golf swing, and I am trying to learn as much about equipment as possible, and eventually or hopefully can build a set exactly like I want them. It is the final step in the process. I should have learned more about equipment a long time ago, but I never dreamed when I began my quest for swing understanding and machine-like play it would take 30 years. Unless I am dead wrong in the signs I am seeing, or in what the Holy Spirit is whispering without ceasing to the very core of my being, I will be holding some First Class Trophies in the near future. If determination, hard work, and know how, are the main ingredients that make it happen I am there. Now it is time to work on the Spirit, Character, Humble self belief, and the overall mental side of the game, along with stepping into the arena with two sets of perfectly designed clubs, which I felt no need to spend the big money on until I knew the swing. I am looking for insight, but I have some basic parameters that are a must I feel. Zero offset throughout the bag, around a D7 plus swingweight with XX stiff shafts with a feel that resembles a telephone pole. I do not want to have any flex and I want the clubhead to be indistinguishable in its weight from the shaft. I want every club to feel like I am swinging through the ball with the end of the shaft, and a clubhead just happens to be attached out of necessity lol. I am trying to figure out who I want to make my clubs, and how I can get the separate components I want. If you have ever seen the movie "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly", I want to be able to put my clubs all together like Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez did when he robbed the old man who owned the store he wandered upon after his trek through the desert. Revolvers ! Revolvers !, he said. Then he raked all the junk on display on top of the glass in to the floor. The shop owner said here is where I keep the best ones, and he starts laying them out for him. Colt, Smith Wesson, Remington, Colt etc. Tuco then precedes to disassemble about four individual revolvers and makes one perfect one out of the best parts from each of the four. This is how I want to assemble my clubs.

What would you like to talk about? Golf, college football, politics, philosophy, religion, or how to be a jerk, which you seem to prefer to civilized conversation.

How about sticking to the topic?

Actually, rather than worry about that, I've just restricted you from the thread. You weren't adding anything to it of value anyway, and nobody even knew to whom you were replying half the time.

Nobody else needs to respond to @coolhand850 .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Damn,   now I'll never know which hammer hits the ground first.  ;-)

THe one @iacas dropped on @coolhand850 .-Duh.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I have just started using a 1-iron system titanium Driver.

Previous to this I was using a Ping G25, with a Stiff shaft.

The Ping head is 205gms, the 1-iron is 200gms, but with a steel shaft.

The 1-iron "feels" heavier, but this will be due to the overall club weight.

I can feel the head better with this, as it is 43", so quite a bit shorter than the Ping.

Took a few rounds/practice sessions to get used to but I am now back up to my previous distances and a lot straighter off the tee.

I middle a lot more drives now and I'm not as fearful of muscling the odd one now and again, which I have never been able to do.

My previous R9 driver I did cut down and weight to get a better feel, which worked quite well although it did make the shaft more like an ultra-stiff.

All in all, I guess to me that it does not need to be heavier, it just needs to feel heavier when I swing it to stop me feeling like I have a large fly-swatter in my hands...which used to occasionally make my transition way too quick..

• 4 weeks later...

Iv'e been researching this a bit lately and it's inconclusive however I think the two go hand in hand to a speed and density ratio. Density does in fact outperform a rebound test in the ballpark figure of swing speeds say 95 mph to 110 mph. A super dense material will outperform or be equivalent to the 110 mph results and so on. The average golfer however is only capable of so much and if you go to heavy they can't swing it nor could Greg Norman in his prime :-) Anyway this leads to the conclusion that a trade off could help just about everyone with the emphasis of going super light combined with a cor compatible 0.87 head that's denser say tungsten carbide.... Get a 80 gram head that's just as strong as titanium and you would have an added 50 yards with a light 50 gram shaft.

You have anything intelligent to add stretch?

Please use the quote feature to indicate who you're talking to or what you're responding to.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 2342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!