IGNORED

How many putters do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 5215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

someone isnt eating this month.. hahaha

yeah, i know, huh.

I actually got a pretty good deal though, so the damage suffered is minimal.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the popularity of EBay, is it possible to truly find a steal anymore? I got my Scotty by trading personal training for it. So essentially it was free, but that was just great timing. I actually got my driver and my Vokey wedge the same way. Where are you guys buying them? New? Used?
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

With the popularity of EBay, is it possible to truly find a steal anymore? I got my Scotty by trading personal training for it. So essentially it was free, but that was just great timing. I actually got my driver and my Vokey wedge the same way. Where are you guys buying them? New? Used?

I get mine used, a couple of times through eBay, another through a local dealer where I cut a deal. Not getting them new, as I haven't fully embraced the Circa 62 enough to make the investment (yet), and I can't seem to get comfortable with the Studio Style GSS-Insert line.

i only have two putters...

1. Ping G5i UG-LE
2. Ping G2i Anser
Driver: Titleist 983k 9.5 Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel Stiff Flex
Hybrids: 2 & 3 Tour Edge Iron Woods X-Stiff Steel
Irons: 4-PW Tour Edge Progressive Irons X-Stiff Steel
Wedges: Taylor Made Fe2O3 56, Cleveland Tour Action 588 60 Low BouncePutter: Ping G5i UG-LE Ball: Bridgestone...

I get mine used, a couple of times through eBay, another through a local dealer where I cut a deal. Not getting them new, as I haven't fully embraced the Circa 62 enough to make the investment (yet), and I can't seem to get comfortable with the Studio Style GSS-Insert line.

I may be misunderstanding you, but the Circa 62 does not have the GSS insert, but simply a milled face. Great putter.

In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

I may be misunderstanding you, but the Circa 62 does not have the GSS insert, but simply a milled face. Great putter.

Didn't mean to be confusing. I meant between the two current lines (Circa 62 and Studio Style) I can't get into them for some reason. Just a personal thing.

Didn't mean to be confusing. I meant between the two current lines (Circa 62 and Studio Style) I can't get into them for some reason. Just a personal thing.

My fault. That makes more sense. I use my Newport w/ the GSS insert the most out of all my putters and love it. I couldn't miss w/ it yesterday. I do find the Circa No. 1 that I own a little harder to line up, bit it is such a classic looking putter. If you like a classic look like the Circa, but do not like how it lines up, and also can not get into the GSS Studio line, maybe look on ebay for something like a Catalina, which has the same classic look (kind of a cross between the Newport and the Laguna) but normally has three sight lines for added confidence. You can find a refinished one, straight from Scotty's shop on ebay for around the same price you would pay for a new Circa or Studio. You could also send a Circa off to Scotty and have him add some lines. $30.00 each plus shipping. Not bad really. Just a thought.

In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

I get mine used, a couple of times through eBay, another through a local dealer where I cut a deal. Not getting them new, as I haven't fully embraced

Ragontona, I'd hold off on the Circa 62..I've heard that the finish is susceptible right now to fertilized greens. I've heard that people buy one used and then get it restored with a more durable Pro Platinum finish at Scotty Cameron Custom Shop.

Ragontona, I'd hold off on the Circa 62..I've heard that the finish is susceptible right now to fertilized greens. I've heard that people buy one used and then get it restored with a more durable Pro Platinum finish at Scotty Cameron Custom Shop.

False - from this Circa '62 owner's point of view.

I've putted numerous times on fertilized greens. Most recently last night and have had no problems with my Circa '62. Now I will say that I take very, very good care of it after every use. I'm sure the people that said the fertilizer destroys it are owners that don't take good care of it. You have to rub it down after every use. That's the only way to keep the finish. I love the putter, so I don't mind a bit. You are correct in saying that the Pro Platinum finish will take care of everything, but it might change the feel of the putter somewhat.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not an issue for me right now anyway. Just came home to find my Studio Stainless Newport waiting on my front door. That's three Scotty's for me... I'm hoping I'm done with any acquisitions. Well, at least for the time being, anyway.

I have one putter. It is a Taylor Made Nubbins.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

False - from this Circa '62 owner's point of view.

NC,

Then the Circa 62 probably wouldn't be the best fit for me. I'm a "finish the round and throw 'em in the trunk" kinda guy. I probably give my clubs a good cleaning only about once or twice a month. The Pro Plat finish was made for lazy bums like me... (I've got a gun blue Studio Design 1 getting Pro Plat'd right now for that very reason)

I have 2 putters.

A Yes! Golf Callie which I use at the moment.

The other is a Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 35" 330 gram which is at the Custom Shop being restored and cut down half an inch.

It's been there since 19th of last month and boy am I getting impatient, I know they say 40 days but still.....WHERES MY PUTTER...????

In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Amazing no one admits to owing any off-brand putters. Even the new golfers have top of the line putters. Maybe I've been in the right place at the right time as far as cost of a good putter.
1. scotty pro platinum (mid sur)-30.00
2. ping inser 2-free
3. rossie II- 20.00
4. titleist dead center-25.00
5. dunlop pro belly- 20.00
6-?. lot of off brand -free-30.00

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I have 3

1. Wilson mid 80's blade
2. Ping belly blade putter
3. Tour Edge Backdraft B7 33"

I am using #3 I spent an hour last night putting everyting from the crazy ping, tri-ball, pipe, etc etc and liked the backdraft's price performance. I track my putting so I'll report in a few rounds what it's done for my game.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Amazing no one admits to owing any off-brand putters. Even the new golfers have top of the line putters. Maybe I've been in the right place at the right time as far as cost of a good putter.

Did you buy these out of the back of a van?

I got my Scotty essentially free. I traded my services as a personal trainer to a client for the putter. I gave him three sessions ($150) and no cash traded hands.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!