IGNORED

How many putters do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 5209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The scotty, I bought from a guy that used it a couple of years I know of and he bought a new mizuno putter and I ask what he wanted for the scotty and he said 30.00. could'nt get my wallet out fast enough to buy it.
The ping, a guy putted so bad I guess when he walked by he stuck it in the trash. I grab it.
Dead center bought used at golfsmith during a club clearance sale.
rossie,was in second swing and a guy was going to trade it in and they offered him 20.00 in trade and he went outside to get it and I follow him and offered hin the 20.00 in cash.
Also have a tm nubbins 10.00 at king par tent sale,used demo

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 That I actually use:
Ben Hogan Bettinardi BHB4-CC

5 are part of my collection
Ping PAL 2
Wright and Ditson with a hickory shaft
Wilson Classic 600
MacGregor Smoothie
Knight (the one from my childhood)

Does anyone else collect putters just for the history of the designs or just for fun?

Does anyone else collect putters just for the history of the designs or just for fun?

I collect Scotty Cameron putters. I think that he, above any other putter designer, grasps the idea of design as well as technology. It is fascinating to see how his putter designes have evolved from the early 90's to some of his stranger designs of today. I have put the brakes on my collecting for now. I have completed my first goal of obtaining one of each of his putter designes from his Titleist years (90's to present date). The Classics, Scottydale's, Scottsmans, etc. that run in the thousands each are a little more than I am willing to get involved in at this time. My current collection consists of...

1. American Classic III – Milled Stainless Finish 2. American Classic VII – Carbon Steel Finish 3. Big Sur – Pro Platinum Finish 4. Bulls Eye Flange – Pro Platinum Finish 5. Caliente Grand Bolero – Milled Red Finish 6. Catalina – Oil Can Finish 7. Coronado – Pro Platinum Finish 8. Circa 62 No. 1 – Gun Blue Finish 9. Circa 62 No. 5 – Gun Blue Finish 10. Del Mar – Gun Blue Finish 11. Detour – Studio Stainless Finish w/ GSS Insert 12. Futura – Studio Stainless Finish 13. Futura Mallet – Black Anodized Finish 14. La Costa – Gun Blue Finish 15. Laguna – Studio Stainless Finish 16. Mid Sur – Pro Platinum Finish 17. Napa – Oil Can Finish 18. Newport Studio - Stainless Finish w/ GSS Insert 19. Red X – Studio Stainless Finish w/ GSS Insert 20. Santa Fe – Polished Black Carbon Steel Finish w/ TeI3 Insert 21. Sonoma – Gun Blue Finish 22. Studio Design No.2 – Gun Blue Finish 23. Studio Design No.5 – Gun Blue Finish I have never been a "collector" of anything, but I love these putters. They are all so different, yet you can see the common thread of quality craftmanship in every one. Very cool stuff. Like I said earlier in a previous post. Some people collect comics or baseball cards. Some collect wine, antiques, or old cars. I collect putters, I guess. I might look into someday purchasing some truly old clubs, like the old spoons, rakes, and water sticks from the infancy of the game. I have no idea how much something like that would go for, so I might be supprised when I start looking around. But for now, Scotty does it for me.
In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

I have 2 - a Yes! Golf Callie 34" which is what I currently use as my gamer.

Am also bidding on this one http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...px?id=67428875 The auction finishes tonight so fingers crossed. Then just have to save up to send it to the Custom Shop to be restored.

And this Mil-Spec which is at the Custom Shop getting restored to it's former glory:

In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

The scotty, I bought from a guy that used it a couple of years I know of and he bought a new mizuno putter and I ask what he wanted for the scotty and he said 30.00. could'nt get my wallet out fast enough to buy it.

You've done well on the putters, now I'm wishing you the same kind of luck on the greens. How do you choose which putter to use?

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I collect Scotty Cameron putters. I think that he, above any other putter designer, grasps the idea of design as well as technology. It is fascinating to see how his putter designes have evolved from the early 90's to some of his stranger designs of today. I have put the brakes on my collecting for now. I have completed my first goal of obtaining one of each of his putter designes from his Titleist years (90's to present date). The Classics, Scottydale's, Scottsmans, etc. that run in the thousands each are a little more than I am willing to get involved in at this time. My current collection consists of...

That is out of sight! Must have cost you a small fortune to collect all those. I've own about that number but no where near the value of yours.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I recently caught the SC bug and have collected the following:

SC Studio Style 1.5
SC Studio Stainless 2.5 (presently at the SC Studio)
SC Pro Platinum Laguna Two
SC Futura

I also have:

Titleist Bullseye
Fisher F-5
Yes Callie
Diato Stealth

There are a couple of others I have an eye on, if I can find them at a decent price (and when my wife isn't looking ), including:

SC Circa '62 No. 1
SC Studio Style 1

Vancouver, BC CANADA

Driver: 905T 9.5 deg
Fairway Woods: 904F 15 & 19 deg.
Hybrid: FLI-HI CLK 21 deg.Irons: MP-60Wedges: Vokey 52/8, SM 56/14 & SM 60/4Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Bag: S64 StaffBall: NXT Tour

And this Mil-Spec which is at the Custom Shop getting restored to it's former glory:

I recently caught the SC bug and have collected the following:

I've got two (an SD1 and a PP Newport 2) at the Studio right now as well. I used to think the last hour of work was the slowest, longest increment of time. Nope. It's the 40 day turnaround at the Scotty Shop. Feels like my babies have been there for years.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Odyssey White Hot 2Ball
TaylorMade Rossa Daytona
Ping Anser 4

funny they have all found a way into the bag this year.. go figure..

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

As of recently, I have begun to compile a Meager Mans collection of putters.
Currently, I have in my possession:

TP Mills Spalding I
TP Mills Spalding II
TP Mills Spalding IV

Ping Anser
Ping Kushin
Ping My Day
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

never compromise voodoo 34inch heel shaft
odyssey dfx 5500 34inch
adams ???
Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

• 1 year later...
1) Odyssey White Hot
2) Cameron Napa

***Does ANYONE have a Taylor Made Nubbins for sale or know where to find one for a good price? I want to get one for my girlfriend and have looked EVERYWHERE for a good deal but can't find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

is it just me or is everyone here a putter junkie??? loll some of you own 8+ putters.. how do you find room in your houses?

I really have 0 because I am using my dad's putter (he has 5) but I think I will be keeping it so I have 1 he now has 4 if the math works out.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

Three altogether, if you count my Momentus (obviously just for practice, but it keeps me slow and steady)

Momentus makes a putter? I was just at their web site and didn’t see one.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Note: This thread is 5209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!