IGNORED

Playing TPC Sawgrass tomorrow

Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, that's awesome. Hope you have a great round, and for sure it'll be an unforgettable experience no matter what the score. I've never played there, but hopefully you're next post will pump me up to go play there sometime.

Thats so awesome man! Did you take pics?

Next time you play there let me know man, Ive ALWAYS wanted to play there! I will gladly make the drive sometime!

How much did the round cost? Oh and whats the yardage on 17 from the blues? Seems like a tough shot!

Jim

The yardage was only 115 since we couldnt play the pro tees. We tee'd off right at 1 being the last slot in the day since daylight savings time. It was 180 per player. Its funny though becasue if we tee'd off at noon, it would have been 275 per player.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played two rounds in the Stadium Course in 2000.

It was a weekend trip with twelve buddies. We played a few weeks before The Players, it was incredible and really, really tough course.

The first day we played waaaay back in the pro tees... just to see what it felt like... impossible. Though I made par on 17 !!!

The second day was easier from the amateur tees, but still one of the toughest courses I have ever played... though I walked away with a 6 on 17 !!!!

You get a tremendous appreciation for the pros watching them on the same course a few weeks later on TV... Those guys ARE good !!

I played it from the Blue tees a couple weeks ago. It's really not a hard course, nor was it in as nice of condition as I thought it'd be. It plays short and pretty darn easy as long as you don't try to bully the layout. Miss the fairway or green and the rough and bunkers are tough, but if you play it like it was designed from anything but the back tees it's not hard if you're hitting it OK. I was disappointed.

^ I think that might be attributed to the difference in our handicaps. I spen and entire hole in the bukners and got lucky to chip close. Couldnt make a putt outside 6 ft becasue those greens were unbelieveable.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It plays short and pretty darn easy as long as you don't try to bully the layout... but if you play it like it was designed from anything but the back tees it's not hard if you're hitting it OK. I was disappointed.

Tiger, is that you?

Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • @Shorty, @boogielicious, and @iacas thank you for adding well-reasoned and factual statements to counter @Billy Z’s nonsense.   While I tend to agree to a limited extent that people can be overly sensitive these days, “Indian” and the equivalent (“red skins” and the like) are, as all of you pointed out, offensive—and not just a nitpicky level of sensitivity—but offensive to all reasonable people, given historical context and usage. Therefore, I think the ball club made the right decision. However, I’m not a fan of “guardians,” but I’m happy to see the change. 
    • This nails it. And if he read this he’d think..’yeah…another minion.’ 
    • In the video, one of them had #7 as their favorite hole 🙂 Then sadly he liked #9 Here are my course reviews... Lac La Belle - 6.0/10 Visually this course is good. The mix of fescue, bunkers, and marshy areas outline the holes nicely. There is a lot of target golf going on here. Some of the holes were a bit wonky, like hole #2. Also, the 600 yard par 5 was kind of bad. I am just glad that the fescue was not thick and tall, it was very playable from. If not, this course would be unbearable. The massive putting green with basically a putt putt course was really fun. In the end, it's a good course, but I would not enjoy playing this course a lot. Just too much target golf.  Course Layout - 5/10, Course Condition - 8/10, Visual - 8/10, Clubhouse - N/A Lawsonia - 7.0/10 I really enjoyed this course. It has a unique style that isn’t around my area. Holes 1 thru 8 were good. For me, a bit too many blind tee shots. Holes 9-18 were more open from the tee. Luckily, there wasn’t much in the terms areas the ball would end up unplayable on the holes with blind tee shots. If you aimed over the mounds, and hit a decent shot you would have a shot at the green. There was a good variety of holes. This course was really fun to play.  Course Layout - 7/10, Course Condition - 8/10, Visual - 6/10, Clubhouse - N/A Mammoth Dunes - 8.0/10 A visually stunning course. It is much more of a friendly course than Sand Valley due to the green complexes having more areas to feed the ball into the green on errant shots. Each hole was like a problem to solve off the tee even though there was wide landing areas. I really enjoyed playing this course. The first tee shot of the day was really awesome teeing off from an elevated tee over looking over the expanse of the property. It really gives you a sense of the grand scale of the course. The bins of water on the course were nice since  you have to walk the course.  Course Layout - 8/10, Course Condition - 8/10, Visual - 8/10, Clubhouse - N/A Sand Valley - 8.5/10 A visually stunning golf course. The green complexes are tough with a premium on hitting the flat areas or areas with backstops. Balls would routinely run off the edges where severe slopes were located at. When you miss the green, you usually had a few options to play. Mostly, the high risk through the air or try to putt it to a spot on the green for a longer putt. I think the back nine is much stronger than the front nine. Overall, I prefer the test of this course.  Course Layout - 9/10, Course Condition - 8/10, Visual - 8/10, Clubhouse - N/A Bonus - Sandbox - 10/10 This little gem of a course is just a joy to play. Each green complex is unique and with the variety of pin placements and tee boxes changing daily, each time playing is slightly different. I thoroughly looked forward to starting every day at the Sandbox. 
    • I guess it's easier for some people to think that their enemy is a cult rather than a bunch of informed individuals. Saves one the bother of introspection. 🙃
    • I am watching that thread.  Just in wait & see mode
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Armando Araujo
      Armando Araujo
      (46 years old)
    2. chris3putt
      chris3putt
      (54 years old)
    3. CrazyHorsePete
      CrazyHorsePete
      (34 years old)
    4. DHak20
      DHak20
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...