Sign in to follow this  
brotekind269

USGA Handicap

Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 posts / 1410 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I dunno, just join a club. You can form your own if you want. I know some guys from the range i go to from time to time that formed their own club. All you need is four or 5 guys to become a club, i belive. Golf Galaxay and Golfsmith also have their own handicap services.

For a small yearly fee, most (if not all) public courses allow you to obtain one through them. Check with the pro shop.

At my course all you have to do is submit 3 scorecards and then you get a handicap

Since when does the USGA issue handicaps in Ireland?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a USGA website that mentions how to establish a handicap and provides more information. If you go through them you'll have to pay, I forget what the fees are though!

If you search the internet, there is a way to join a USGA recognized golf club online, post scores, etc, and obtain an official USGA recognized handicap (all for free)

I keep my index on Golfsmith (gs••••••••••••••). I'm pretty sure they are recognized by USGA, and you can keep stats too.

It is 5 scores to establish. Almost every public course you can do it. Just go and ask. For me it is 25 a year and they give you some coupons as well.

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. How do you establish an official USGA Handicap? I know you have to join a golf club, but are there any other ways of doing it?

You can enter your city and state here

http://www.usga.org/HDCPClubLic/search.asp?Auth=Y and find a place where you can join.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!