IGNORED

Fix for open clubface?

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 5258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So my draw has disappeared overnight...

My shots today were all starting right, and fading more right....

Which led me to believe my clubface was open at impact. Impact was solid, but I guess the clubface was a tad open sending everything right. Driver all the way down to 9 iron!

Any idea of what it could be? I just switched to the interlocking grip because it feels so much more comfortable to me (no movement in right pinky finger, busted it a few years ago)

Could that have been it? What is the most common problem for an open clubface at impact.

Its bothering me alot, hope to get 9 in tomorrow to fix this little problem!

Thanks!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

my coach told me to actively turn my hands over through the ball... this is a tough mental challenge because i don't want to be thinking about doing things with my hands in any way, shape or form in my downswing.. but it did work. your problem may be an outside to inside swing plane or open club face at impact (or both).. best is to video you swing and see what you're doing.. it could be many things. one thing that also works for me is holding my hands 'firm' through impact.. suggest you try one fix at a time. i would question pointing the toe in at address..

Check your basics (grip, stance, plane). Maybe one hand is stronger than the other? Hold a club, give it a good waggle and return to address and see where the clubface is.

I used to have the same problem, would open up every shot. I eventually figured out that my right hand was turned over a bit too much, and when I would go through the swing motion, my hands would naturally force the clubhead open at impact. I was convinced that I simply had a natural fade swing, and that I was just going to have to learn to work with that. Since fixing the basics (grip, stance, swing plane) now I have a natural draw tendency and I couldn't be happier, because now I know I have the ability to easily put the ball either direction. Now time for some lessons to do that consistently...

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

If you are pushing your shots it means that your swing path is off for your push and then your club face is open that causes your slice.

Send a video of your swing.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Administrator
If you are pushing your shots it means that your swing path is off for your push and then your club face is open that causes your slice.

That's backwards from the current belief. Since they're both "open" it's the same in this instance.

Clubface = starting path. Swing path relative to clubface = curve. So your face was open but the path was open relative to it, too. Depending on how much it curved you may have still been swinging down the line or even partly from the inside relative to the target... Check your grip and handle position.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I noticed for me, my biggest problem, once I became fairly comfortable with where my swing was it, was I had a weak grip. Actively changing it to a strong grip now causes me to hook the ball more often than I slice it.

If you normally play a draw I would guess your hitting weak cuts because your weight is staying on your back foot. Don't think too much about the hands, just make sure your get your weight onto your front foot and the rest will take care of itself.

fix = close it....but seriously, it could be that you're body is beating your arms around....that's usually what it is.....but it could be lots of things so i wouldn't know exactly what to tell you
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Note: This thread is 5258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!