IGNORED

Help with Gloves

Note: This thread is 5265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gloves aren't supposed to be tight, right, just a snug fit? Unfortunately, I'm the in between a small and a medium. A small is a little too snug for me whereas a medium is a little bit loose.

Is there much of a difference between the leather gloves and the cabretta gloves, other than the cost? Performance-wise, are they about the same?

I'd recommend against the sci-flex. They are not very durable at all. I initially bought 2 pairs because they look great and breathe well in hot weather. However, they didn't last more than 2 rounds.

I'll second that. Mine has lasted 6 rounds and I have a quarter sized hole in the palm. I do have a cord grip on my driver though.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Target is all about the bargain golf stuff. Top Flight D2 Feel are 11.99 at target right now and they're 15.95 at golfsmith etc.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Target is all about the bargain golf stuff. Top Flight D2 Feel are 11.99 at target right now and they're 15.95 at golfsmith etc.

Will def. have to check them out, thanks for the info!!

They carry all the Wilson Hope stuff, gloves too. My wife plays all Hope and is very happy with them. Bought them at Target. Lots of Calloway stuff there too.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

wow, most of you all on here must be gripping on to the club as if you're life depended on it!!!!!!! my gloves last at most 3 weeks!!!! i've been using under armour gloves for years and they are comfortable and functional.
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

They carry all the Wilson Hope stuff, gloves too. My wife plays all Hope and is very happy with them. Bought them at Target. Lots of Calloway stuff there too.

Wow, that is one pretty colored bag/set :) It matches my theme that I have going on!! Mine came with the Wilson cart bag, but its a pain in the butt for me to carry so I just bought myself a pink TaylorMade stand bag, much easier to carry :) But my set looks similar!!

Is there much of a difference between the leather gloves and the cabretta gloves, other than the cost? Performance-wise, are they about the same ?

Cambretta is a upscale type of leather:

http://cool.conservation-us.org/don/dt/dt0539.html As for getting gloves that fit, you'll have to try on different sizes from different companies until you find some that fit. The gloves which fit me best are size cadet medium by Footjoy or Intech. Make a note of the sizes and models which fit for future purchases. Also: * Gloves with reinforced palms and thumbs tend to be more durable. * When leather gloves get dirty and stiff, wash them with a soft sponge and saddle soap. This will extend the life of the glove. * Rotate about three gloves during a round so you can dry them off from sweat. Otherwise, they stretch and weaken.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find the sizes vary between manufacturers for gloves, just like they do for shoes. I usually wear a medium glove but some brands I need a large or a small.

I like to rotate a dry glove on about every 3 or 4 holes so it doesn't get too sweaty. I find the leather gets ruined faster if I wear the glove all round.

If you don't get about 5-10 rounds out of your gloves, depending on what grips are on your clubs, you're probably gripping the club way too hard!

For the Price, Footjoy WeatherSof 2 gloves are my choice. Fortunately these are comfortable to me and I wear them all year long. You can get them 3 for $24.

Wow, I must say, we went to Target over the weekend and even though its about a half side of an aisle long, they had some great stuff. They had a tour Callaway golf bag for just $100 and my BF's Bridgestone golf balls for about half the price as Golfsmith, WOW, not much of a section, they didn't have my Precepts must stuff, but the stuff that they did have, not bad!!

Note: This thread is 5265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!