IGNORED

Hit by a Golf Ball?

Golf_Gal
Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ouch!! How long did it hurt?

Well it was noticeably swollen for about a year. I have a picture somewhere if I find it I'll put it up. It was actually pretty dumb... my dad and I were hitting golf balls back and forth to each other, probably a bad idea to begin with, and a ball he hit was sailing over my head. I decided to throw my iron up in the air as if I could knock it down. Clearly this would be nearly impossible but the ball managed to hit off the club face and ricochet to my face. Didn't actually hurt that bad.

In My Bag (upgrading soon hopefully)

Driver: TiSI 10°
Irons: ISI Black Dot 3-PW (minus lost 5i)
Putter G5i Piper JMAX Milled Wedge 52°Ball: Whatever I Can Find

Back in my junior year of Highschool golf I had a big match coming up and I wanted to get a practice nine holes in late Sunday afternoon. So my 9 year old brother, my best friend, and I set out to get in a round before dark. We get to the last hole, a par 5 and after our tee shots I state that it's just way too dark to finish so I pick up my ball and start walking in. I hear my younger brother say something like I'm going to hit one more. At this point my buddy and I are about 120yards ahead of him on the right side of the fairway. I remember hearing the zip of the ball just before it buries directly into my left ankle. I went down like I was hit by Mike Tyson,,lol! It was a good thing my best friend was there because he and my brother had to literaly carry me to the car. I was lucky it didn't break a bone but it swelled up like a balloon.

I couldn't even put weight on it for 3-4 days and of course I missed the match that I was practicing for. That was 30 years ago and I still give my brother the business for that one, even though I was at fault for walking ahead,lol.

Ever since then I am always aware of any and all golfers that are in my vicinity. It only takes once and you will never want to be hit again!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I took one on the thigh when I was younger. I was walking up the left side of the fairway and my friend hit one right off the toe and nailed me. It left a nasty bruise for weeks and hurt like hell.

I find lots of people hit up into other groups, so if it happens to me, I either put a couple tees in the ground near their ball, or if was really bad, I'll pick their ball up and write something on it. Don't like doing it but it's honestly very dangerous to hit into other groups.

I worked on the maintenance crew at a golf course in Florida for three years. In that time I witnessed and was a victim of errant golf balls. One day we were working left of a tee box about 120 yards out. We were watching these old ladies hit and one of them came right toward us with a low hook. One guy watched it all the way and at the last second realized it was going to hit him and turned so it would hit his arse. The smack I heard and him running around like hurt dog makes me laugh to this day. I asked him why he did not move and he said he did not think it would hurt.

The most scary was the day I watched a guy get hit in the head with a shank. We were playing and he was standing just in front and about 20 right of a friend while he hit a wedge. The ball shot straight right and he did what he could to get out of the way. The ball grazed him on the forehead. It knocked him silly and he had big knot on his head. I swear if he had not have ducked it might have killed him.

After that day I never, never stand in front of someone hitting... I don't care how good they are.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

After that day I never, never stand in front of someone hitting... I don't care how good they are.

aint that the truth...

i was getting my club out of the cart while my buddies were on the teebox... the best player of the group drove his ball into the ground hitting something(musta been a rock) and his ball cranked off the top of the cart i was next to... i literally had zero time to react... frikken scary
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Three weeks ago I got my Burner 5 wood TP, I was jazzed to show it off. I took it into the gym and set a ball on a door mat about 10' in front of the wall. The gym is typical with a wrestling mat hanging on the wall behind the BB goal, with about 18" of tile wall showing beneath the mat. I hit a couple into the mat. I went and got the secretary to show her what a sweet club it was. I hit the ball and instead of hitting the mat it hit just below the mat, the sequence was something like this; whack-crack-smack in one continuous sound. It hit dead center on my left thigh. Then the sound that all men hate, "did that hurt?". Now with all pretenses of pride stricken from my demeanor I went back to my classroom and cycled cold Diet Doc cans on the wound for the rest of the day. The area still feels a bit like petrified cottage cheese but the bruising that spread over the thigh has cleared. One other point, Srixon Soft Feel balls... don't.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

if you get hit by somebody behind you and your on your own or with another person your not playing fast enough. i was playing in comp last year with two mates. 1 landed in the bunker beside the green in front of the clubhouse balcony. the other walked onto the green to putt. needless to say the guy in the bunker skulled his shot and sent a stinger across the green which hit the other guy just above his nXXts. he started crying with relief it wasnt 2 inches lower. :) i ended up shooting 7 over on the back and level on the front. happened on hole 9 and i nearly died laughing

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

In a local tournament when we were kids, my friend skulled a pitch over the green and hit me right in the nards as I was crouched down lining up my putt.

I got him back about 3 weeks later when we were on the chipping green. I flopped a shot straight up into the air, he unknowingly walked under it, and the ball came down and hit him on the button of his cap on the very top of his head.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

hit myself in the forehead about 3 years ago trying to figure out how to hit a flop shot.

stung for about 5 mins and had dimple imprints on my forehead for about 2 hours.. then it turned red. i was fine though.. just embarrassed.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Got hit square in the back on the fly from some guys behind me who were so eager to play the hole they didn't wait for me to clear the green. sheesh.

Got hit square in the back on the fly from some guys behind me who were so eager to play the hole they didn't wait for me to clear the green. sheesh.

jerks. i hope you said something to them and/or they apologized.

I have a habit now of ALWAYS ducking for cover whenever I hear a "fore" even if its not anywhere near me...you can never be to careful!! Getting hit with a golf ball just stinks and its def. NOT fun!!

friends ball was in the woods... we all helped him find it... after we did... we all pick a spot to hide behind while he 'tried' to get out...
he absolutely hammers the ball... i mean pured it...
then all you hear is "thock... thock thock thock"...
all four of us were diving for cover like we were in a war zone trying to find a safe foxhole... guys on the adjacent fw were lfao'ing... like pee in yer pants laughing
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

jerks. i hope you said something to them and/or they apologized.

they were sorry about it (or at least pretended to be) but who the hell hits to the green when someone is standing on it? i really don't know what they expected to happen.

I was at Golfsmith picking up some clubs I had worked on. Some egghead sampling a club hit one off the hozel, it bounced off the divider next to him, flew over 2 stalls and hit me in the knee.

Then he did it again. I walked over to him and the salesman and suggested that rather than buying the new clubs he should spend the money on lessons.

when shots are actually moving 90 degrees away from your target...its not the clubs.

A friend of mine many years ago was hit in the EYE ! We were playing the 2ND hole when
a guy teed off from the 4th .....I WILL NEVER forget that day.
A lovely sunday morning Par at the 1st then....FORE!.... HE hit the deck with a sickening
thud.

A friend and I were playing a short course here in Memphis and there was a small creek that had a brick bridge over it. I don't remember the club but my friend hit a low liner that hit the bridge and came right back at him and hit him square in the junk. After I quit laughing and he picked himself up, he grabbed his clubs, picked them up over his head and threw them into the creek. He just walked away and that was the last time he ever played golf. Now that was funny.........

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 1766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!