IGNORED

I qualified to play in the BMW Championship!!

Note: This thread is 4142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, I did it!!

After a qualifying round of 36 yesterday (Stableford, could have easily been a 40 or even a 42 if not for my mentally retarded putting skills) I qualified to play in the BMW Amateurs Championship next month in the Katameya Golf and Tennis resort in Cairo, one of the most prestigious courses in Egypt.

There will be 15 qualifiers, right now I'm at 6th position (the leader scoring 40) but there are still 6 more players playing a qualifying round tomorrow, so my rank might go down to 8th or something, but most probably I'll still be in.

I'm really excited as this would be the first time I play in a tournament like that, also first time I play anywhere outside my club. The Katameya GC, as I hear, is a long and tough course.

I should have really gotten better than 36, but I was suffering with putting all day long. On the 16th par 4, I made a GIR and 4-putted for double bogey. I wanted to kill myself.

Here's the course where the event will be played

http://www.katameyaheights.com/golf_course.html

Can't wait till the 11th!!!

I'm really confused, this was a points system qualifier rather than stroke play?

Either way, I think we can safely say this is the most misleading topic title ever. " . . .

the BMW Championship"? Really? I'm just sayin'.

Is this the bmw world cup championship? Like there's different rounds and stuff? I read about this in golf digest. There's 3 category's something like 0-10 10-18 and 18+

Yes that's it.

Note: This thread is 4142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.