IGNORED

My Swing (jamo)

jamo
Note: This thread is 1347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like you've done some great work Jamo....keep it up!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Okay so here's the deal as I see it. The PGA Tour players we've measured move their heads 1" or so on the backswing. Their weight at setup is roughly 55/45 - to the left or to the right - basically centered. At A4 their pressure is 65-70% right (their weight is roughly the same as their address weight distribution - most that have movement are towards centered). So you have a steady head now. You have a flat left wrist (shaft not passing lead arm) at impact now. You have a reasonably good diagonal sweetspot path, and you lack a little clubface control, so that needs a little work too. But really, this is a Key #2 deal: weight forward. It's going forward throughout the backswing and then increasingly so throughout the downswing. You won't have 65-70% of your pressure right (pressure, not weight) at A4. Here are some pictures.

Awesome, thanks, and okie dokie. I'll be at the range the next few days working on that. Fosbury Flop, Fosbury Flop, Fosbury Flop.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

I sometimes think about you in my backswing too, man. There's no shame in it.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 4 months later...
I went to the indoor range today (first time swinging a club since early October, and I haven't played a round since late August; for the record I'm way past withdrawal symptoms), and took some video. All of my old habits have crept back in (so I'm not going to even bother uploading it to YouTube) but I'm hoping to get in a lot of practice the rest of December and into January.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Again just feel like your right hip goes away from the target as well (and not forward).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Again just feel like your right hip goes away from the target as well (and not forward).

More "Monty" on the backswing with the hips

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

A bit OT, but how good is #6? Wow.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

A bit OT, but how good is #6? Wow.

Yeah a comfortable "stretch" into the followthrough.  Like how the feet look, stable footwork.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been out of commission for a bit for a few reasons. First, it was high school vacation week, which doesn't affect me but the indoor range I go to is a soccer dome, so they did kids camps those entire 10 days. Then I had my wisdom teeth pulled and was on some meds that you're not supposed to drive with, plus every time I would get my heart rate up it would start bleeding. Anyway, here are a few videos from just before that. I wasn't trying to do anything with the hips, so this (predictably) isn't an improvement in that area, but the week before these videos my impact had gotten completely out of whack. So I spent some time looking back over this thread and the stuff (mostly setup) I worked on with Erik last summer, and that cleaned up impact pretty quickly. Violent forearm rolling aside. Anyway, video: [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF5ZXzU7AoQ&feature;=youtu.be[/VIDEO] Pictures: So, yeah. Nothing new to report per se, but I figured I'd post something. My current hope is to get to the range tomorrow, and work in ernest on the backswing EDIT: Grr. Range wasn't open last thursday or friday, or today (monday). They've assured me that they won't be closed tuesday though.

In my bag:

• Administrator

Yep, hips will feel like they slide back in the backswing. Stick your belly out a little bit (to the left in a face-on view).

But you know that.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwvByNTpc_A[/VIDEO] The range was finally open today. Tested out a certain feeling. Results: l didn't take a DTL video so I can't be sure but it looks like I may have ended up making my shoulders more flat which sort of artificially created that slight difference in angle, because my hips are obviously as far forward ever. So, no real progress. I'll try again this thursday if they're open.

In my bag:

In my bag:

Certainly different A4s, if you can call the one on the left A4. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/zuvyepuZsCI[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/HN3mIZIFduU[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

• 2 weeks later...
Found a few videos on my hard drive from the end of last year that I took at regular speed, pre-shot routine and all. Thought it might be interesting. I apologize for the fact that I get a wedgie around :20 in the 6-iron one. These are both with absolutely zero swings thoughts. Just ... swing. [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr7MVxJ31uM[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfuyFaiOLyI[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

Great soundtrack of crickets, doing their cricket thing. Swing looks like a great "natural" swing to me. Does anything ever go wrong with it? Just on clubs, are you +1 " or more on your sticks. Just when you stepped up to hit the 6iron It looked like you were hitting a 9.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Great soundtrack of crickets, doing their cricket thing.

Yeah, the sound was kind of nice. Especially since the normal slow motion videos are silent [quote name="logman" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/60_30#post_808914"]Swing looks like a great "natural" swing to me. Does anything ever go wrong with it?[/quote] I guess it's natural in that there are some things I've never changed. It also tends to look more "natural" when I haven't practiced much lately. I'll have stretches where I get into hooking or slicing, and sometimes I'll lose control of contact for a while. But I don't have that specific shot shape that I've ben trying to get rid of my entire life. Biggest weakness is inconsistency, which is what a lot of my changes reflect. [quote name="logman" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/60_30#post_808914"]Just on clubs, are you +1 " or more on your sticks. Just when you stepped up to hit the 6iron It looked like you were hitting a 9.  [/quote] Standard loft/length/lie. Got fit a few years ago and that was the result. I'm just under 6 ft 1 in, FWIW.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 1347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!