IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have to agree with Erik, Tiger doesn't need or have to talk to the police. It's really not anyones buisness, the accident was with a tree so maybe the tree deserves an explanation or the owner of the tree. Other than that nobody needs to hear from him. I feel bad for Tiger having to deal with such a private matter in public it's probably very embarrassing.

im guessing it wasnt a dymo driver... they dont look like they could possibly break a window....

it had to be a mizuno or miura iron with a nike stamp on it seriously though.. i dont care what happened. tiger's ok. he will keep playing golf and keep winning tournaments.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a stressfull situation and someone who isn't trained to deal with these types of incidents, often times will struggle with what to do, based on the amount of thoughts streaming through their heads. Elin, if she indeed did do the whole "golf club through the window", did something awesome. I'm guessing if any of us saw our spouses in a situation like their's has been depicted, then I'm sure you'd do the same thing. Cheers to her, I'm just hoping Nike gets him a replacement.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

im guessing it wasnt a dymo driver... they dont look like they could possibly break a window....

Tiger does have to speak to the police, especially if damage occurred to a fire hydrant (city property) or a tree (neighbor's property). If the damage was only done to his property (i.e. Escalade), then yes you're are correct, he doesn't need to give any statement whatsoever.

Then again, he might not get all of the information in the report that the FHP will complete for the accident. If he wants to get the repairs on his vehicle paid by insurance, they'll go off of the FHP's report for details, etc. Not that he'd have a problem paying for the damages....He should just listen to the Troopers, talk to them, and move on.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Bottom line is Tiger is under no obligation to say anything to the police. IMO they have delayed with police until today at the request of either their lawyer or agent so as to responsibly represent themselves from a PR perspective, along with satisfying the authorities. But I agree with the poster above, this is a PR issue for the most part. If this were John and Sally down the street, they wouldn't even need to see one officer due to their rights.

Not sure what Florida law is, but most states require a person to report an accident within 72 hours of the accident occurring (if the person wants/needs a report for insurance purposes). Obviously with the 911 call, law enforcement was called to the scene. Like I previously stated in another post, because his accident involved property damage to city and another person's property, a report must be completed for insurance purposes.

How is an accident involving someone being injured, no matter who they are, and city/public property being damaged not a police matter?
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees

• Administrator
Not sure what Florida law is, but most states require a person to report an accident within 72 hours of the accident occurring (if the person wants/needs a report for insurance purposes). Obviously with the 911 call, law enforcement was called to the scene. Like I previously stated in another post, because his accident involved property damage to city and another person's property, a report must be completed for insurance purposes.

Nobody said it wasn't a police matter. FHP are police... they're investigating.

None of that changes the fact that neither Tiger nor Elin can be compelled to speak to police. Chatting with them isn't a requirement to close the case. Stop saying otherwise - it's untrue. Tiger could be charged - since he damaged public property - with something, but even that's not guaranteed. But that's hardly an issue that's "in question" right now - he admits to running over the hydrant. They know to what address to send the bill.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, it's not a law that you have to have an interview with police due to a traffic accident, whether its with another car, a fire hydrant, or a lightpole... the police can finish their investigation without it, its his CHOICE to speak with them or not, and thats only if he had something to say that can help his case any (i.e. deer ran in front of his car and he swerved to avoid or something of that nature, which obviously didnt happen).

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

They need to say something soon. He is a public figure, and in the world of PR if you don't fill the void it will be filled for you, and probably stick, even if it's not remotely close to the truth.

Bingo! I don't think Tiger & camp is worried about being charged for any crime. Actually if he can get this over with some traffic violation, he'll be happy. What's at stake his impeccable image of world's greatest athlete. He made only $10mil this year for winning tournaments, but got $100mil from endorsements. Those endorsements do not only rely on how many games he wins but also his image as a great person/father/husband.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

Gees, some bizarre posts here.

It's been said numerous times already, but let me say it too: under the law of the United States, Woods cannot be compelled to provide a statement to police or to give evidence in a court that might incriminate him. The idea that a judge can "authorise" the violation of a right protected by the US Constitution -- and, indeed, the common law generally -- is absurd. It's wrong for many reasons. The most obvious reason may be that the power of judges is limited in a very important and appropriate way: they are bound by the law. Judges cannot validly depart from a mandatory requirement of a law passed by the Congress or a State legislature, let alone a right granted by the Constitution to all citizens personally.

To the extent that this issue is interesting at all, it's not because of any legal issues that it raises. As another poster wrote above, for Woods, this will primarily be a public relations issue. If John Doe had run over a fire hydrant and into a tree, and had then been "rescued" by his wife with the aide of a golf club at 2:30am, there could be no public interest in the story beyond the outcome of any police investigation into the matter. That's obvious. Here, though, the accident involves a guy that has marketed himself to the public in a particular way -- and he's made an absolute fortune for himself as a result of that marketing. Given that, on one view -- not mine, at the moment -- the accident might appear to raise questions about the truth of some of that marketing, I think the public's interest in the story is understandable. Equally, however, I think it regrettable that the media and other vultures seem determined to take bites from the guy before most of the facts are known.
Current setup:
Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Titleist 909F2 15.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-P, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff | Titleist Vokey SM 54.11, 60.07 | Scotty Cameron ACVII / Napa California | Titleist Pro V1X

"My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble."

He failed to add 'after she beat the crap out of me'.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

They know to what address to send the bill.

Exactly the reason this is a non-issue from police/public policy standpoint.....Tiger has admitted fault and will certainly pay for any damage to public property and/or the property of his neighbor.

I can guarantee that there will be no insurance claim for damage to his ride...... case closed....................

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

His PR people are doing a great job!!

Tiger has admitted fault and will certainly pay for any damage to public property and/or the property of his neighbor. ... Case closed.

Not necessarily. His admission determines his civil liability to the State (I assume it was State property), but I doubt it determines his criminal liability.

I don't know the details of the criminal law in Florida. In most jurisdictions, though, it is a criminal offence to drive carelessly or negligently. In Australia, a driver that damages public property: (a) will be liable to pay for the costs of restoring the property (for most people, those costs will be paid by the insurer); and (b) depending on the circumstances, will often be charged with (at least) careless driving, a summary offence here.
Current setup:
Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Titleist 909F2 15.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-P, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff | Titleist Vokey SM 54.11, 60.07 | Scotty Cameron ACVII / Napa California | Titleist Pro V1X

So Tiger was under no obligation to talk to the police and completely within his rights to turn them away from his house. That's fine and I am sure there are many a young minority male living in the inner cities that would be very interested to know they have that option as well?

in TW's official statement he said:

"This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again ."

what does he mean by " I will make sure this doesnt happen again "? what, an accident? how can you be sure you will never have another accident??? or did he mean he will make sure he doesnt cheat again? hehe

So Tiger was under no obligation to talk to the police and completely within his rights to turn them away from his house. That's fine and I am sure there are many a young minority male living in the inner cities that would be very interested to know they have that option as well?

They actually teach us this in civics class. The Bill of Rights is for everyone, not just non-minorities living in the suburbs - what is your point exactly?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Who will be the first one to yell "Rachel Uchitel!!!!" at a tournament??????

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 5040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!