IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree that TMZ is not a reliable source. They are about getting the story fast and first so I doubt they get corroborating sources for anything. Especially since they said that their story was based on conversations Tiger had with "a friend". I don't believe for a minute that a good friend of Tiger's would have spoken with TMZ or anyone else without his consent. Cuz you can basically kiss your friendship with Tiger good-bye. I imagine he has zero tolerance for anyone speaking to the media about him.

However, logic would dictate that the original story that was leaked was fishy and that there had to be some kind of domestic dispute. TMZ's story certainly makes more sense than the original version.

National Enquirer's history is spotty. They have been bang on with some stories, way off with others. But I totally believe this one. Tiger has sued before and he has deep pockets so you better believe that NE nailed down some corroboration before they went with a story like this against an icon like Tiger. Moreover, I think Tiger's words in his statement are an admission of guilt. "I'm not perfect/this will never happen again". As someone pointed out earlier, how can he prevent a car accident from happening? He was not talking about the accident. If the NE story was wrong, I am sure Tiger's lawyers would be all over it.

For those that are not interested in this story, why do you keep reading this thread then? According to many in this thread there is nothing to discuss regarding the traffic accident, his personal life is none of your business, blah blah blah. So why continue to read here, then?

Some of us happen to be interested in this story and the subtext beneath. Not so much for the tawdryness of the gossip but maybe the schadenfreude of watching another hypocrite get what he deserves. I like Tiger, but he (or the media, at least) has held himself out to be something that he is not. He deserves the backlash now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Tiger's friends didn't have to rat him out. There are many ways to listen in on conversations, including ones you never even thought of.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

So Fat Slice cites an evesdropping tool that roams, which I doubt tmz has this. Given that they have to be close to the property, which is highly unlikely they can even get into the gated community.

I think Shank is quite correct when he says he doubts tmz corroborating sources. However, you cite his admission of guilt by his statements of "I'm not perfect/this will never happen again", however wouldn't this be contradicted later in his statement about the reporting of malicious lies, rumors, ect.?

Personally, if some domestic dispute did happen. He should have told the cops, and decided not to press charges rather than not talking at all.

Who knows, maybe he will reveal all after the Police gets through with their investigation and is only shutting up because of his lawyer's advice.

"Some of us happen to be interested in this story and the subtext beneath. Not so much for the tawdryness of the gossip but maybe the schadenfreude of watching another hypocrite get what he deserves. I like Tiger, but he (or the media, at least) has held himself out to be something that he is not. He deserves the backlash now."

I don't think he's ever said that he's the perfect person, incapable of any mistakes. In fact he has said that he's been battling his foul language problem his entire life. Now if you want to bash the media, particularly the sports media for rarely criticizing him, then thats fine but the statement that he deserves having his personal life intruded into in public is egregious and lacks in any empathy.

. . . having his personal life intruded into in public is egregious and lacks in any empathy.

People watch too much TV. Whenever the person being interrogated asks to speak with their lawyer, it's assumed they're guilty.

Although it could be argued, "it's easy to tell a consistent story when you're telling the truth", communicating through a lawyer is never a bad idea. Elin should not have said anything.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So Fat Slice cites an evesdropping tool that roams, which I doubt tmz has this. Given that they have to be close to the property, which is highly unlikely they can even get into the gated community.

Fat Slice is obsessed with turning this story into a conspiracy to deprive Americans of their civil liberties.

I kind of admire his single-mindedness.
I think Shank is quite correct when he says he doubts tmz corroborating sources. However, you cite his admission of guilt by his statements of "I'm not perfect/this will never happen again", however wouldn't this be contradicted later in his statement about the reporting of malicious lies, rumors, ect.?

But which lies and rumors is he referring to? He could be referring to anything, perhaps even inaccuracies in the NE story even if the overall story is true. He does not dispute the NE story directly nor does he deny having an affair.

Personally, if some domestic dispute did happen. He should have told the cops, and decided not to press charges rather than not talking at all.

I think the problem with this is that the police can go ahead and charge her with domestic battery without him pressing charges. Generally this can be done with domestic battery cases now since frequently the victim does not want to press charges. (didn't they do this in the Chris Brown case? i.e. I don't think Rihanna requested that charges be filed?)

Who knows, maybe he will reveal all after the Police gets through with their investigation and is only shutting up because of his lawyer's advice.

Tiger would be smart to follow his lawyer's advice and not say anything. I don't blame him for his legal tactics in the last few days. If he doesn't need to speak to police, he shouldn't. I think they are in a legal quagmire. If Elin lied to police about the original version of events, she is in trouble. If she assaulted him, she is in trouble. She could be charged with domestic battery (and potentially charges for lying to police?? not sure about this one since I don't have legal training, would this be obstruction of justice?).

Either way, this is all about protecting Elin.
Look at the magazine or newspaper that posted the fake pictures of Tiger's wife. She sued them and won. Will the National Enquirer be sued? Possibly, but one would think they have some hard evidence to disgrace the richest and most recognizable athlete.

Weren't those lawsuits in Europe though? I thought it was easier to sue for libel in Europe but very difficult to sue for libel in the US. I think in the US you have to prove "malice" which is difficult to prove. I think in UK/Europe, you do not need to prove malice.

This story is far from over. Rachel Uchitel has hired fame••••• vulture Gloria Allred which means one thing: she is looking for the highest bidder. Who will pay more? Tiger to shut her up or the tabloids to spill? More fallout to come.

But which lies and rumors is he referring to? He could be referring to anything, perhaps even inaccuracies in the NE story even if the overall story is true. He does not dispute the NE story directly nor does he deny having an affair.

Thats a good point, but as to the speculation of a domestic disturbance, he did say "My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false".

That's pretty much denying domestic disturbance to me. BTW, are you going to defend your assinine statement that he deserved this when he's never claimed to be a perfect person.

Thats a good point, but as to the speculation of a domestic disturbance, he did say "My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false".

His statement does not mean that there was no domestic assault. Perhaps she did assault him at the house but when she saw that he was in a potentially serious accident, she naturally was concerned for his well-being and tried to help. Both things can be true.

BTW, are you going to defend your assinine statement that he

Admission to having a swearing problem is far different from admission to breaking one's marriage vows. Personally I am fed up with the "family man" images that so many public figures have (and profit from) when the truth is far different. Just a week ago Tiger was parading his family at the Stanford-Cal game (did he already know then that the shit would hit the fan??). I am all for the hypocricy being exposed.

My only empathy right now is for Elin and his children. I agree that my feelings on this story are contradictory since Elin's predicament is directly related to the exposure of Tiger's indescretions. Human emotions are often not rational and frequently ambiguous. I am not perfect either.

• Administrator
My only empathy right now is for Elin and his children. I agree that my feelings on this story are contradictory since Elin's predicament is directly related to the exposure of Tiger's indescretions. Human emotions are often not rational and frequently ambiguous.

I asked that speculation stop, and you're continuing to speculate that the rumors of infidelity are true. You know nothing more than anyone and a billion times less than those actually involved, so stop.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Admission to having a swearing problem is far different from admission to breaking one's marriage vows. Personally I am fed up with the "family man" images that so many public figures have (and profit from) when the truth is far different. Just a week ago Tiger was parading his family at the Stanford-Cal game (did he already know then that the shit would hit the fan??). I am all for the hypocricy being exposed.

So he shouldn't have had his family with him at that Stanford game? Tell his family that the shouldn't be with him at an event they are honoring him at.

See you're assuming that he did cheat. Which there has not been a shred of empirical evidence at all. Also, the woman already claimed she never had an affair. I'm sorry, but until you have photographs of them together or he admits it, I don't believe tabloid magazines.

think of it this way. if tiger talks to the po-po, whatever he says will most likely be leaked to the press. happens all the time. happens even more when the leaked info is about a megawatt celeb. if i were tiger i wouldnt tell them what i had for breakfast.

Colin P.

The bad thing about Tiger staying mum is he looks like he is hiding something, and yes it's unfortunate, but that's how society works. People hate the idea of not getting the inside scoop on high-profile celebrities, be damned with privacy.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

The only public issue here is whether there was domestic violence involved. If there is anything from the accident investigation that suggests this, I think it's important that it be vigorously investigated, to protect the children in the home.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

As of a few hours ago, the LA Times reported "Tiger Woods won't play in Thousand Oaks, cancels Tuesday news conference."
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Every single "breaking news story" or interview with a know-it-all "talking head" about Tiger Woods continually asks the same question, and I'm amazed no one, not on the news or in the 24 pages of this thread, has thought of the perfectly plausable explanation. Everyone asks what he was doing out a 2:30 am and assumes it has to be something bad since that's all that happens that late at night.

No one seems to remember that Tiger just played in two tournaments on the other side of the damn planet (China and Australia), and that he VERY WELL COULD STILL BE ACCLIMATED TO THEIR TIME!!!! For him, 2:30 am Florida time would be late afternoon/early evening time for Australia and China. It very well could be that he couldn't sleep and was out going for a Taco Bell run.

No one seems to remember that Tiger just came off a two tournaments on the other side of the damn planet (China and Australia), and that he VERY WELL COULD STILL BE ACCLIMATED TO THEIR TIME!!!! For him, 2:30 am Florida time would be late afternoon/early evening time for Australia and China. It very well could be that he couldn't sleep and was out going for a Taco Bell run.

The big question is not why he was driving around at 2:30 a.m., but rather how he managed to drive over a hydrant and into a tree not even a 1/4 mile from his house.

Most people are in a hurry to get home AFTER leaving Taco Bell (and for good reason), not on their way there.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I read an article, and I have to say I agree with it in one respect. These tabloids/TMZ-type places, when they proffer something about 'so-and-so being seen partying with so-and-so," unfortunately, they tend to be right, A LOT. When they outed Jon Gosselin, he denied it vehemently in the beginning, then - whaddyaknow - Jonny admits to shagging the nanny (or whoever she was).

You trying to tell me that NONE of the means of egress in that Escalade were functional (four doors, one liftgate) after a collision in which the airbags weren't even deployed? Does she run to the car WITH the golf club first? Wouldn't she run to it with nothing first, then survey the situation, and she really found no way to get him out, so she runs back and grabs a golf club and smashes a window? Then what? Did she reach in and lift him out through the window??! Or climb in the window and get her AND him out the window??

I LOVE Tiger, and I don't even care if it turns out he had an affair or whatever, but seriously, when you hear hooves, it's usually horses, not zebras.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

The big question is not why he was driving around at 2:30 a.m., but rather how he managed to drive over a hydrant and into a tree not even a 1/4 mile from his house.

All of the "domestic violence" talk stems from this incident happening in the early morning hours, NOT from the fact it happened so close to home.

Maybe GM needs to recall their cars (like Toyota is doing) for faulty gas pedals???? This could be anything, and too many people are looking for clues to support their story instead of looking at this with a completely clear mind and waiting to judge after all the facts are out there.

• Administrator
You trying to tell me that NONE of the means of egress in that Escalade were functional (four doors, one liftgate) after a collision in which the airbags weren't even deployed?

Uhhh, maybe they were locked and Tiger wasn't "with it" enough to unlock the door himself.

Does she run to the car WITH the golf club first?

Seems quite feasible to me she could have gone out the front door, seen the wreck, grabbed a club and taken a golf cart to the car. Or maybe the cart had a golf bag and clubs sitting on it already. Tiger does live right across the street from the range and likely has a bag on a golf cart at the ready.

Then what? Did she reach in and lift him out through the window??!

Or maybe she pressed the unlock button and opened the driver's side door?

C'mon, let's try not to forget to use some common sense here, eh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!