IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very well said.

Not really.

Not on the order or rape or murder, that's almost kind of sad that someone would even compare those two horrific crimes with cheating on your wife. Look, this stuff happens all the time. I feel bad for Elin, she seemed to be a wonderful woman and you have to scratch your head when you think Tiger was looking elsewhere, she's beautiful! Anyone here that says they wouldn't cheat is either one of two things. 1. A liar or 2. Not been put in the position to be a liar yet. My opinion means diddly in the grand scheme of things but I don't feel ill regards towards Tiger. In fact, I like him a little more now. He's human, he's not a robot that plays the most amazing game of golf on the planet anymore. I've made mistakes, doesn't make me a bad person but rather a person that makes mistakes. Iacas, why is getting trashed and waking up with a girl the next morning a mistake? Wasn't it fun? I bet you weren't thinking mistake under the blankets!! (i should also add that i'm new here....and i love you guys)

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lot of posts condemning the media for diving into his private life. Well, the way I look at it, the guy made the huge majority of his money with his image, his persona. With that "reward" comes the risk of what's happening now...if you screw up there is no free pass. And the more "reward" you choose to receive through selling your image, the more you expose yourself to the public, the more exposure you'll get when you do screw up. I'm sure Tiger wasn't really thinking along those lines when he signed the endorsement contracts, but the fact is it was his choice to accept payment for use of his image so he should know the consequences of what happens when you screw up. With great power comes great responsibility, live by the sword die by the sword...apply any number of cliches to the situation.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

it goes back to my wife's favorite saying when watching those murder mystery documentaries on tv...if you don't want people to find out, don't do it in the first place.

i don't know tiger enough to psychoanalyze him, but he is in a very unique position because of his power, money and influence. unfortunately, he is also a male with libido, like some of us. possibly very high libido due to his controlling, competitive nature. this is at odds with his clean image, like being gay but afraid to come out. is it possible that life on the road is too unbalanced to satisfy his need? is it possible that although he may not be looking for companions blatently, there is a wish from him that other women come on to him? and then, one thing leads to another. the urge is there. whether one can successfully suppress it or for how long is another matter. i have no reason to doubt that he treasures his family but at the same time, i can understand somehow he has found ways to justify his being with those women. a little fun time? justifiable as long as everyone in the knows is happy happy? why not, figures tiger, it seems that "everyone" is doing it, at least his off season golf buddies. if you want to do something, no matter how stupid, you can always find a good reason for it

notice those women in the stories are not your regular next door virgin cuties, but girls who have been around and around. they don't sell sex blatantly, but it seems to be the central theme of their being. they know how to charm tiger, how to get to a man like tiger. apparently they have provided something that his wife at home has not or possibly cannot.

i don't need tiger to come clean to me. therefore, i don't understand what this public apology is meant for. to me, that is more stupid than his so called transgressions. it is like feeding the wild animals. whereas some things are better left undone, some words are better left unsaid.

The public apology is so some people can get affirmation that Tiger is not superior to them. It is for people who are very envious and shallow.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Regarding the voicemail Tiger left to cover up his philandering…

I think Tiger was considering things on too small a scale.

If I were a billion dollar athlete, and sponsored by AT&T;, I would have simply asked SBC to redirect the orbit of one of their satellites and crash it into the satellite of my mistress’s cell phone carrier… problem solved.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

transgressions such as staying up at night, driving at high speed in residential area, leaving the scene of accident after the first impact at the hydrant are just horrible behaviors from a role model for many. shame on him. his apology simply won't cut it--- my kids will have to switch to vitamin waters from G2.

[QUOTE=senorchipotle;394925]for all you guys talking about how tiger is a ''horrible person,'' etc. you have no room to talk. you guys don't have any clue what it's like to be a rich young athlete, let alone the richest. beautiful women throwing themselves at you. and you think you can judge him? QUOTE]

I have no doubt that temptation is tougher for him. But, I'm willing to guess that he knew he'd be put in those situations before he decided to get married and have kids. I don't see the fact that his increased level of temptation is a free pass, he knew the score before he got married.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I'll be honest here. If I had young hot women after me all the time I'd likely drink the coolaid. It's easy to point fingers, but untill your truely put in the position Tiger is in you cannot say that you wouldn't make the same mistake. Hey we are all human!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

well, here is what puzzles me on that public analogy. once you start one, there is no end to it, because some people always want more juice and dirt. by attempting to clear the conscience, tiger fed into the frenzy.

how does elin take it?

if they keep it among themselves and those holes, elin has some control over how many people really know or need to know. she just has to swallow some pride and put her trust in tiger in perspective.

now the whole world knows through tiger's confirmation. the pressure on elin, the shame factor, has just escalated astronomically. very bad move. much tougher to restart a new slate with tiger.

Anyone here that says they wouldn't cheat is either one of two things. 1. A liar or 2. Not been put in the position to be a liar yet.

Wrong. Simple as that. You are wrong.

Some people have respect for others.

I don't think that's helpful.

He has behaved appalingly i agree with that. BUT i say that he just messed up(it was a BIG screw up though). I just think that everybody should move past it and that Tiger LEARNS from it.
I think the fact that so many people are thinking about him in this way is exactly the reason why this is a big deal. If John Daly (no offense to him) did it, there won't be too much praying. They will say that's the way he is. But Tiger is completely different. In the kingdom of golf, he is the De facto commander in chief. He speaks, people listen. He walks, people follow. People proudly wear golf caps with his initials. People buy clubs and balls based on his endorsement. There are so many young kids take up on golf because of him- just ask Anthony Kim, for on e example. He was the only athlete invited to speak at inauguration. Once you are at the level, your private life is not as private as mere mortal soul like us.

One diffirence between tiger and daly is that Tiger is trying to fix what he has done where daly has just spiraled downward more and more.... I do believe that his life is still private regardless of what he has done. Once again Tiger screwed up and im sure he will fix his mistakes. I think he has handled this very well. I mean at least he is aditting it not denying it....

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Another question regaring the Chevron Classic going on today through the weekend. If it rains, which is forecasted to be 40% chance of rain on Sunday, is there still going to be a torunament?? I know, just because it says 40% and Sunday is still a few days away that things always change.

well, here is what puzzles me on that public analogy. once you start one, there is no end to it, because some people always want more juice and dirt. by attempting to clear the conscience, tiger fed into the frenzy.

He didn't have any choice as soon as the voice mail was out. If he still denied, on top of being cheater, he becomes a lier. If he kept silence, I guarantee you the doubts/speculations/allegations will multiply and last for many years to come. At least this way, he can take the initial hit and let things settle.

As someone pointed out, what was he thinking leaving that message with his name? Did he trust the mistress that much? He clearly didn't have good recovery shot planned for this one.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

Another question regaring the Chevron Classic going on today through the weekend. If it rains, which is forecasted to be 40% chance of rain on Sunday, is there still going to be a torunament?? I know, just because it says 40% and Sunday is still a few days away that things always change.

People have flown in all over the world for the event. Cancellation will be a very last resort. That's not to say that they couldn't shorten it.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Wrong. Simple as that. You are wrong.

Couldn't agree more, the idea that we'd all cheat on our other halves if something "better" came along is one put forward by people who want to rationalise their own lack of morals.

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

Oh boy, reports are that Uchitel is now switching her story and admitting the affair. If true, she also says that Tiger wouldn't let the police into his house because there was damage from a fight.

I think, from this own apology/confession, and from the stories of the women, that Tiger's been out acting like a single guy (or, a married pro athlete). I would not be surprised if the parade of floozies had a few more floats.

Meanwhile...Tiger's friends, especially the ones he takes to Vegas, HAD to have know...and were covering for him. They are surely no longer welcome at the Woods home. Did Steve the caddy know and did he cover? Relationships are going to be strained all over.

And how hypocritical would it be for Nike, etc., if some of their top guys knew (and even partied with him and the girls) and then feigned shock. So far, nothing, but we'll see...

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

There are a lot of people calling this a "mistake." No, sorry, not buying it. A mistake might be getting trashed one night and waking up in bed with some girl you don't know... not sleeping with three different women for 31 months or so of your 5-year marriage.

There are different magnitudes of mistake, from using too much club to getting hooked on crack and throwing your life away. Some are more serious than others, some result from momentary lapses, others from poor choices over a long period of time. If it's not a mistake, what do you call it? "Mistake" doesn't mean it's not a serious problem, it means you recognize that it was a bad decision.

No, this isn't on the order of murder or rape or anything, but Tiger plays a sport that honors integrity, and he's just been shown to have a whole lot less than we had imagined.

Maybe a lot less than you had imagined. Sorry, but I don't believe for a moment that golfers are on average any better than the average population for infidelity.

I find it quite easy, given my vows. Genetics? Seriously?

You know what? Most of the large fraction of humans who engage in infidelity took those same vows, and most of them will say the same thing you do about how they will always uphold them. But somehow people keep cheating. Sorry if you think that realism about human sexuality and infidelity is "perverse, simpleton, excuse-making."

And yes, genetics, seriously. Humans are animals, and there are many reasons why non-monogamous behavior is advantageous. Interesting article here: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,6075312.story
Couldn't agree more, the idea that we'd all cheat on our other halves if something "better" came along is one put forward by people who want to rationalise their own lack of morals.

Some of us who have never cheated (if you choose to believe me; I said earlier I wouldn't believe anyone on their word alone, so take that as you will) simply recognize that a lot of cheating goes on and not many people own up to it. Statistically speaking, then, a lot of people are behaving differently than they claim, and a lot of those people do, in fact, cheat when something better (though I'd say often it's more like something "different" or even just something "available right now") comes along. That's not rationalizing, that's facing facts.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!