IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish I could change my vote in the "Greatest golfer to ever live" thread to Nicklaus. I knew I should have voted for him in the first place...

Wtf? How does this apply to how well someone plays golf?

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could change my vote in the "Greatest golfer to ever live" thread to Nicklaus. I knew I should have voted for him in the first place...

the media back then is nothing like it is nowadays. You wouldnt even know. I mean look at all the stuff Michael Jordan got away with.

the media back then is nothing like it is nowadays.

Back in Arnie's day, the sports media partied it up with the guys on Tour. It was a nice arrangement of discretion for a good interview. Nowadays the players don't trust the media at all and the media doesn't trust the players.

I think everyone in the know knew, so when he crashes his car at 2 in the morning, everyone in the know immediately knows what's up. Fight with his wife, the day after a gossip rag runs a story about him having an affair. You could hear all the other pros chuckling to themselves. When I first heard about it is was serious, and I thought oh no. Then I found out he'd cut his lip and was woozy. Oh. Okay, end of story. Then when it stuck around for a day as a headline on Drudge I thought, uh oh, something's up here.
It feels like he's tricked me.

"That's Golf!"

I'm impressed by the number of people who can say they have never done anything wrong.
A word of caution, though: unless you have reliable crystal balls you have no idea what the future may have in store for you. Tread with care lest your words come back round to bite you in the arras.

(NB - this is not a defence of anything. We all know TW has stepped way out of line - however, as a fellow human being I now feel a degree of sadness for him because this will have had a devastating effect on his self-image. And knowing that I, too, am a fallible human being I would hesitate before even looking at a stone, let alone pick it up and throw it)

senorchipotle, I think you might be missing the point, yes he has genetics, yes he is under a lot of stress, yes he most likely has women lining up for him but at the end of the day he had choice, you can overcome your instincts by choosing not to do something, he chose to cheat on his wife and has to live with that, there's a lot of reasons why but at the end of the day there's no excuse.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

POONTANG-1
Mankind-ZERO!

All this 'poor tiger' crap is just that. The power of the...well, its there for the taking and he took it. his bad..now the schmuck has to deal with it. However, has anyone even thought of the ol lady and/or the children. their lives are pretty screwed up right about now as well, altho the kids don't kno it yet. IF and that's a big IF...Elin takes the kids and goes, whats next? think about that for a moment...who in their right mind would marry her now..lest some no self regarding slob who would be content living off TW's $$ AND CHILD SUPPORT/ALIMONY/PRENUP. How difficult would it be to be a step-dad to these children? I dont really think she'll leave him tho. His ass should be embarrassed and he got caught..mans biggest regret! Earl is rolling over in his grave.

I'm impressed by the number of people who can say they have never done anything wrong.

None of us are perfect, I am certainly no exception. But I do know that I won't be cheating on my wife now or any time in the future. I can say that without any reservation. I also make that statement knowing my wife although very attractive to me is no super model. Tiger is human, but he is also an idiot to believe he could get away with this type of behavior. Any more they all get caught eventually. It's not for us to forgive him it is for his wife to do so if she chooses. We are not his judge but we can certainly point out what a D.A. he is. I think Jesper summed it up pretty well, "I guess he's not as good a guy as we thought he was."

as a male, you have to work super hard to get somewhere. no shortcut.

as a female, you get a breast implant, immediately you are in play.

can't wait for tiger's next event. the world will come to a halt.

or, will he retire from the game and become a recluse?

ps. for those of you who have professed that you won't cheat,,,good to know, but that is off topic:) the underlying thesis is that if one day you become as successful as tiger, will the success change your values and judgements? say whatever you want or wish right now. a friend of mine is a hedge fund guy that sometimes take home 500k a day. he said sometimes when he came home to his wife's exquisitely prepared dinner, the food just did not seem good enough. in fact, at that moment, nothing was good enough...

perhaps that was the moment when those successful men craved for the attention of some hot and loose women to combat the social injustice, that blond won't do that i want to try a brunette. i may not like it,,,but i just want to try. i don't want to play it safe. i want to get on the green in 2. it is about taking bigger and biggers risks to stay alive.

What's all this 'genetics' nonsense about.Are you saying it's embedded in humans that we have to cheat on our partners at some stage?

I don't buy that at all.There's always a choice, always an oppertunity to say no.

And for those saying what a temptation it must be having 'gorgeous' women throwing themselves at you.. Have you seen the two women he's being linked with haha?They're not a patch on Elin.I can't understand that.Why wouldnt you just say 'No, I think I'll go home to my wife, she's twice as hot as you'.

There's no excuses, he's an idiot.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

What's all this 'genetics' nonsense about.Are you saying it's inbedded in humans that we have to cheat on our partners at some stage?

While I think morality is important and he definitely made huge mistakes, I actually think the answer to your question is "yes." Humans are smarter than other animals but we are still animals. We still have instincts. Mating is one of them. But the entire point of monogamy is to resist those instincts when they show up. Tiger failed miserably at this and deserves all the ridicule in the world for it.

This still doesnt change the fact hes a great golfer, his choices off the course, while poor, are indeed off the course. If it werent for the stupid media, none of us would really have even known this was happening and we all would have continued our happy oblivious lives.

Now for Tiger, Elin might be hot, but shes married now, has two kids, she probobly isnt quite as eager to be doing things like they were when they first met. Not that this is an excuse, but it was possibly a factor in his decision making.

Semper Fi

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

What's all this 'genetics' nonsense about.

Yes, really. I guess this also means that since females are "genetically programmed" to go with the male who can best take care of them, no husband should mind when their wife decides she (or she and the kids) have a better deal this week down the street. Sorry hubbys, go find someone weaker you can take from.

Does this explain his "off" third round performance in Australia?
Most things develop over time, I wonder if this is like an addiction and has recently become a much bigger issue. The more I reflect on this the more I realize Elin will show us her real mettle, I know my wife would not leave me, I hope Elin is as good a woman as mine.
...And to the sanctimonious among you, wow! I hope those who count on you for wisdom and guidance can survive after you let them down.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Does this explain his "off" third round performance in Australia?

Apparently it explains quite a few of his troubles on the golf course this year. I think he probably had a wild Friday night with Rachel and was hung over during the third round. I also think he got too cocky at the PGA Championship after the second round. He had a big lead and looked invincible, then suddenly played like garbage on the weekend. Perhaps another wild Friday night with a mistress ruined that one as well. Apparently Elin showed up at the British Open and confronted him about his affairs. We all know how poorly he played (and acted on the course) that week. Perhaps his on the course display was a direct reflection of the fighting that was going on between he and Elin that week.

Anyone who has had a big argument with their spouse knows that no major decisions would be made in the immediate aftermath. Yet we're hearing these stories about "changes to the pre-nup" and "financial payments to Elin for her to stay" and "intensive marriage counseling." All within a couple of days of the disclosure.

This doesn't make sense. I would think that most people upon discovering the magnitude of their spouse's infidelity, would need some time apart to think about things and decide what the next steps should be. Yet for the Wood's everything seems to be moving very quickly.

I wonder if Elin knew about some or all of this well before the night of the accident, and maybe that night was just "the straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Anyone who has had a big argument with their spouse knows that no major decisions would be made in the immediate aftermath. Yet we're hearing these stories about "changes to the pre-nup" and "financial payments to Elin for her to stay" and "intensive marriage counseling." All within a couple of days of the disclosure.

I was nodding my head as I read your post. I said it before that you just can't understand this phenomenon 100% unless you've argued with your wife.

This prenupt renegotiation etc. did have lightening quick. It's like she had the divorce lawyers on speed dial. Men can cheat and still love this wives. That's not a consolation to the wives, however, that fact and kids are often the bases of post-infidelity continuation of the marriage. Lastly, while Tiger's not been a great husband, we shouldn't throw out some of his other off course deeds in the charitable realm...

Note: This thread is 5039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!