IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think we'll see him play again for at least one and a half year.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hopefully he can work the issues out with Elin. He should take time off anyway since family is more important than golf. If he doesn't take time off from golf, people would think that he is spending no effort to save his family and it wouldn't do any good to his image. Also, I doubt that he wants to face the media any time soon. I truly hope that he is really taking his time off to save his marriage and not just avoiding the medias. Best wishes to Tiger and his family.

I don't know Tiger, so I am in no position to comment on what kind of a husband or father he is. Sure, it's disappointing that someone so blessed could behave so irresponsibly, but I've seen enough of these celebrity meltdowns to realize that we all have demons.

Still, with the news of his hiatus, I actually feel very sad about the game of golf. Sad that, for a while at least, the greatest player in the world will not be playing the game he was born to play.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Even though I have criticized Mr. Woods for not playing in Texas anymore, I will not cast stones as others have. Hope he takes this time to take care of what's most important. On another note, I wonder if Vegas will be taking bets on when he'll return to the tour (j/k.....kinda ) My money would go on Bay Hill if anyone cares.

I don't know Tiger, so I am in no position to comment on what kind of a husband or father he is. Sure, it's disappointing that someone so blessed could behave so irresponsibly, but I've seen enough of these celebrity meltdowns to realize that we all have demons.

I agree 99% with your post. The game of golf is just fine for fans that love the game of golf and watching the pro's on tv or in person. Tiger is a big part of it,

but I thought Tom Watson's 2009 British Open was the most riviting I've seen.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Administrator
Doubt we'll see him at all in 2010.

I think anyone who thinks this is nuts. I think we'll see him at Augusta (like they're gonna give TMZ a press pass, duh). That may be the safest tournament in the world for him.

May even see him at Bay Hill so he can get ready before that. Bay Hill's right there - he can stay at home and Elin can keep an eye on him. That's what I'm guessing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think anyone who thinks this is nuts. I think we'll see him at Augusta (like they're gonna give TMZ a press pass, duh). That may be the safest tournament in the world for him.

Sounds like a good poll question. Winner(s) get free access to TST forum

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Maybe he can have Rachel U loop for him in his first pro-am back

In all seriousness, with his position in sports and golf, I think it's pretty classless to keep updating your website. His 'adoring public' would like to hear a simple "sorry, i messed up".

The affairs are less of an issue for me - his lacking of balls to come out and just say it are troubling to me

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I agree 99% with your post. The game of golf is just fine for fans that love the game of golf and watching the pro's on tv or in person. Tiger is a big part of it,

Agreed. There is so much more to golf than just Tiger, and I still found TV golf very entertaining even when Tiger was rehab-ing his knee (go Paddy!). I just hate to see the * next to a guy's name when he wins.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Maybe he can have Rachel U loop for him in his first pro-am back

There is no reason for a video or interview. I would respect him less if he went on Oprah. Its HIS life. He obviously doesnt give a rats ass about sponsorships right now and trying to make it pucture perfect as far as PR goes. Hopefully we do not hear from him at all until Augusta.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Agreed. There is so much more to golf than just Tiger, and I still found TV golf very entertaining even when Tiger was rehab-ing his knee (go Paddy!). I just hate to see the * next to a guy's name when he wins.

Ya but the truth remains that if Tiger doesnt play, viewership is down tremendously. If Tiger quit golf altogether, you would not see 6-7 million dollar tournaments.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

that's because you enjoy golf. You probably enjoyed golf before Tiger became the focal point of the golf landscape. For the average sports fan or American citizen... golf interest begins and ends with Tiger. Look at the viewership and ticket sales of the chevron world challenge if you're still not convinced. The saying in the other thread was very apt. The golf commish most definitely had a spell when he read Tiger's announcement. Golf is in trouble if Tiger hangs it up.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Unfortunately he is one of the most famous and recognized persons/athletes in the world. If he is not Tiger Woods and is just another average professional golfer, then he probably could just apologize once online and move on, and the public probably wouldn't be too interested in it. However, he is Tiger Woods. I don't think that it is a good time for him to hold a press conference and talk about his issues now since the thing that he should do now is to save his marriage. Sooner or later though, he will have to face the medias and talk about it. I know that he wants to keep it private and move on, but it is impossible since too many people are interested in it and the medias will not give up easily since they can make a lot of headlines out of it. I think it would be the best for him to hold a press conference later on, apologize and sort of talk about what happened and whether he works the issues out with Elin, then he can move on. It is actually better for him to apologize with his mouth rather than just posting online since so many kids and younger people view him as a role model. I know that it is his private life and he doesn't really need to apologize to any of us, but he probably will have to since he is one of the most public figures in the world.

With all due respect (not trying to be Ricky Bobby here!), there is no * to anyone who wins. Injuries to a great athlete like Bo Jackson might warrant a *.... he was cut down in is prime playing the sport. Stuff like transgressions, infeditly, etc... are self imposed...it's part of the game. In golf 90% is mental at the highest level. I'll be damned if there is an * at the next major if Tiger doesn't show. And at the end if Tiger has 19 majors..and is not happy with himself, how much does it really mean? Not a Tiger hater, hope he finds himself and adds to this world, I've never said he is a bad guy...if he flips the light switch in his brain he has an awful lot to offer to the youth and his kids, and hopefully the mother of his kids, and maybe his wife, which I am hoping for. Just midguided right now and sadly I feel for his kids which have no defense for his actions. Time and good changes in life can heal all wounds. Whoever said time heals all wounds is full of s--t.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I'm happy to see him take some time off. He did make some bad decisions, but who doesnt? He is human too and everyone needs to realize that. From the start the media just blew it out of proportion.
Best of luck to Tiger and his family.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

He will miss the adrenaline rush of competition terribly. And if his wife made leaving pro golf a condition of their being together, it will only guarantee he will leave her. She will have to change because he will not.

He has done nothing that respected leaders of our country, both political and economic, have not done. Nothing that revered kings of the Bible did not do. Nothing that most ordinary men do not do in our dreams.

Rather than slink off to do penence with his tail between his legs, Tiger should have stood defiant.

"I will not be subject to your silly rules devised by silly envious little hypocrites. If any companies with which I have dealt are embarassed by their associations with me, I release them from those associations. I will win and profit despite them and despite you!"

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

I could care less if he quits or plays.

Same here, but you can bet TGC does. But I do feel like he will return. Might not come back this year. If he is able to keep Elin from walking, I bet we will see the 2 of them on Oprah, Larry King etc etc with many tears shed on the programs. A good way to ask for forgiveness from the public and to repair the image. Then a big comeback in 2011, bigger than Ali's comeback from his forced exile from boxing. The thought of all this makes me want to puke.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!