IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Yeah, and this news came out too: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...950829,00.html

Source: AP
Tiger Woods had a "fat lip" but no other visible facial injuries when he met with Florida state troopers four days after the accident outside his home, according to a television report.

Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes told WESH-TV in Orlando on Wednesday that Woods and his attorney met with troopers on Dec. 1.

Perhaps that'll put an end to all the rumors of his teeth having been knocked out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, and this news came out too:

His attorney did all the talking, as Tiger had his mouth closed...

I don't think anybody should be surprised about AT&T; dropping.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Yeah, and this news came out too:

Pity the police didn't provide that information earlier. There ends one explanation for Tiger's faiure to talk on camera on the matter, even as his wealth-creators are distancing themselves from him.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Administrator
His attorney did all the talking, as Tiger had his mouth closed...

Yes, but major oral surgery would result in more than a "fat lip." Plus, it dispels the rumors that he was in Arizona or whatever at the time.

Pity the police didn't provide that information earlier.

I think it simply shows again why speculation is a waste of time. Very few people know the true story.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, but major oral surgery would result in more than a "fat lip." Plus, it dispels the rumors that he was in Arizona or whatever at the time.

Agreed. Didn't use the right sarcasm face.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
Agreed. Didn't use the right sarcasm face.

Fair enough.

Now that this whole saga has had a month or so to unfold, I've developed my own take on Tiger's situation. Is it all speculative? Of course: but I like my theory a lot better than the others flying around on the tabloid pages.

I don't think that Tiger's biggest problem is the affairs, the women; his biggest problem is pills. Remember, he had stated that he blew out his knee while running sometime after the British Open in 2007—nearly a full year before Torrey Pines—and in his own words, it hadn't felt right for years prior, having had minor surgeries on it in the past. I think that he started taking Vicodin and other painkillers so he could continue his rigorous playing and training schedules on a knee which he neglected neglected treatment for a long time, and eventually developed a dependency for them. Crashing his Escalade while pulling out of his driveway in a daze at 2:00 AM was rock bottom for him.

He's not a sex addict. Real sex addicts receive sexual favors from homeless men in the alleys behind adult bookstores, so compulsive is their need for gratification; they don't have a fondness for canoodling with blonde waitresses while on the road. Men of Tiger's stature claim sexual addiction because they feel that being labeled a womanizer would be bad for their image.

Brett Favre struggled with prescription drug abuse earlier in his career. After suffering from seizures one off-season, he was forced to come to terms with his habit and went to rehab (under the threat of a million-dollar fine from the NFL). The Packers won the Super Bowl the following year, and everyone forgot about the entire episode. Had Tiger (and his PR team) come out immediately after the accident to acknowledge that he had a problem with painkillers, that it led to volatile behavior on the golf course and destructive behavior off it, but he was now ready to take the steps to address it, this story would not have spiraled out of control. The fans would have forgiven him, his sponsors would have forgiven him, and maybe even his wife would have forgiven him. However, doing that would have meant disrupting his routines and lifestyle in a way that isn't Tiger's nature; more importantly, it would have warranted disciplinary action from the PGA Tour for violating its code of conduct and substance abuse. Someone in Tiger's camp, maybe Tiger himself, believed that if they told the public that the accident was the result of a minor domestic dispute, everything else could have been swept under the rug.

So, he took the sex route, not expecting TMZ and the rags in the checkout aisle to have a field day over it and for so many women to come out (some legitimately, some just wanting their brief glimmer of (in)fame. Beneath the media circus in the following days, the Tour put the pieces of the puzzle together on their own, and forced Tiger to face the music. As we learned from the John Daly saga around this time last year, the Tour doesn't disclose information about player fines and suspensions: my suspicion is that Tiger's "indefinite leave of absence" is really the Tour telling him to stay away, and that he's been staying at a rehab facility somewhere ever since. His lack of forthrightness to the public in an attempt to cover all this up, meanwhile has resulted in the ruination of his image, his business contracts, and his marriage. He'll be back soon enough, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to repair the damage this has done, if he can at all.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Now that this whole saga has had a month or so to unfold, I've developed my own take on Tiger's situation. Is it all speculative? Of course: but I like my theory a lot better than the others flying around on the tabloid pages.

, the funniest thing i've read in ages.

is it true that his mother said "he's just like his father" I heard that from my uncle haha

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Whatever you think of Monty, you have to admit he's nothing if not candid. And he does know a thing or two about this sort of thing.

----------------------
LONDON (Reuters) – Tiger Woods will find it almost impossible to fully focus on his golf when he returns after the recent revelations over his private life, according to European Ryder Cup captain Colin Montgomerie.
The eight-times European number one went through a much-publicized divorce in 2006 and knows how pressures off the course can affect performance on it.
Woods has taken an indefinite break from golf following a media storm that culminated in the world number one publicly admitting being unfaithful to his wife.
"It is absolutely impossible to play good golf (with all that going on)," said Montgomerie in an interview with Sky Sports.
"There was a reason why Tiger didn't win a major last year, the first year for a long time. We now understand possibly the reasons why.
"I can only speak for myself and say during a time like that you can just about make it to the next tee if you make a birdie or a par but with a bogey the world collapses around you," added the 46-year-old Briton.
Montgomerie said negative thoughts about his own private life were difficult to shrug off when he was going through turmoil.
"A round of golf is an emotional roller-coaster anyway," said the Scot. "I think it must have been similar for him.
"When you hit a shot and it goes left or right into the woods, immediately thoughts creep in during the long, two to three-minute walk to find the ball.
"It (the scandal) will impact on every tournament Tiger plays. Let's hope the tabloid press finish quickly and we get on supporting golf."
MYSTIQUE GONE
Montgomerie is one of the few top players to comment on the Woods situation since allegations about the 14-times major winner's private life surfaced after he was involved in a minor car accident outside his home in November.
"I think the mystique has gone," said the Ryder Cup skipper. "I think the mysterious nature of the guy has gone."

4-hybrid:

Whatever you think of Monty, you have to admit he's nothing if not candid. And he does know a thing or two about this sort of thing.

I have always liked Monty (aka. Miss Doubtfire). I agree with what he said 100%. Also I think he is the perfect captain for the euro's next year...Can't wait for this Ryder Cup, I have a feeling it might get a little heated!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Not sure how you could think addiction to opiates/painkillers could be funny at all.

I definitely agree with the poster that there could be a possibility of Tiger having issues with opiates. There have been instances in the past where he's been in public appearance his eyes have given him the look of one who is on painkillers (glassy, watery). Super addictive and can take over anyone's life. Purely speculation, of course.
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

• Administrator

No he doesn't. What could he possibly know about winning a major (let alone 14) or even a single PGA Tour event (let alone 71)? Tiger's never cared one lick about Colin Montgomerie and Colin isn't privy to any information - probably much less than even the PGA Tour regulars. It seems to me he saw an opportunity to get his name in the news by making a comment, so he did. Whoopty doo.

Plus, Monty can't play good golf when a gnat farted within two fairways of him, and Tiger did win majors when this was "all going on." These affairs - if we're to believe the women (and Tiger gave them carte blanche to say whatever they want) - have been going on for years. Monty does sees an opportunity to get in the news. Monty cheated at golf as far as I'm concerned, and since I barely care about the personal lives of players off the course (unlike you, Chas), Monty's the bigger villain of the two in my book.

Is it true that Trojan will replace AT&T; for Tiger's bag sponsor?

Just kidding. Wow, I haven't been active on this thread in quite some time. I just KNEW there'd be a huge thread on this topic.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

No he doesn't. What could he possibly know about winning a major (let alone 14) or even a single PGA Tour event (let alone 71)? Tiger's never cared one lick about Colin Montgomerie and Colin isn't privy to any information - probably much less than even the PGA Tour regulars. It seems to me he saw an opportunity to get his name in the news by making a comment, so he did. Whoopty doo.

You seem to have completely missed the allusion Erik. We aren't talking about golfing accomplishments here (see thread title .....), or about the specifics of TW's transgressions. The less Monty knows about that the better for him I would imagine. What Woods thinks of Montgomery is completely irrelevant. It seems that, for some people, every single argument comes back to how many Majors won, PGA tour events won, length of time as #1 etc etc. That's for other threads, not this one. Monty was rather careful not to make personal judgements re: TW's "transgressions", he was referring to the professional consequences of public exposure.

Monty is simply being candid about his take on the situation and is well entitled to his opinion. IMO he has credibility in the matter given his own professional and personal experiences. Perhaps TW can shut it all out (let's hope we find out sooner rather than later ....), perhaps this will not be so easy for him as Monty suggests. Of course we can all agree or disagree as we wish but IMO he would know more about this than you or I or anyone else on this forum. Let me be explicit so that there is no further misunderstanding: we are talking about the consequences of serious personal relationship issues on the performance of a successful golfing professional. I know I know, Montgomery isn't Woods - greatest-golfer-of-all-time. Noone is Mr. Woods, ergo noone can possibly judge his situation yada yada yada - including other professional golfers apparently. Might work for some around here but it isn't going to wash just about anywhere else. Tiger is going to be finding that out in spades I'm quite sure, and good luck to him with that. Woverine ... where the heck HAVE you been? See how much you've been missing ..... 3-putt: me too. Let's hope Tiger is on the team.

4-hybrid:

What is most amusing about this and many other similar situations involving high profile high/achieving people, is the way such people are portrayed as almost being super-human and unaffected by the vices and failings of us mere mortals. Why would Tiger be any more immune to commiting these actions than anyone else? Truth is he's not! The image that is created to suit his business/sporting career may have us believe he is unlike any of us is but, unfortunately for Tiger, Im afraid he's just like anyone of us (golfing ability aside). Maybe he's been reading too much of the publicity/hype that is generated by the "Tiger machine". It is a person's character that determines how he/she behaves in certain situations not there sporting prowess or their level of intelligence or the number of majors they have won. Tiger will learn a very hard lesson from this. Coming back from the loss of your father is one thing, coming back from the emotional nightmare of losing your kids (according to all reports) is a whole new experience and one that he (as a normal everyday dad) may struggle to come to terms with for quite a while. Monty, speaking as a human being who has been through a similar personal breakdown, will have an insight into the anguish and emotions that Tiger will have to work through, regardless of his accomplishments as a professional golfer. By the way Eric I think 6 or 7 European Order of Merit titles may count for something, at least outside of the US anyway! Just a thought

It seems to me he saw an opportunity to get his name in the news by making a comment, so he did. Whoopty doo.

Errr....Monty is the captain of the European Ryder Cup team this year and hardly needs to look for an oopportunity to get into the news. His challenge is about which intereview requests/opportunities to accept - the media is knocking on his door all the time.

While your comment about the gnat is fair, I think it's also fair to say that Monty does know about the pressures of winning a Major, because those same pressures have done for him so often - and he has been in contention more than you, me or Hunter Mahan, I think! 'Monty cheated at golf' - that would be about taking a drop within the rules (albeit only just) and not being penalised for it? In stark contrast to Tiger, who declared a significant part of the landscape - a course feature, no less - a 'movable obstruction' because a couple of dozen people were able to shift it? But that's not cheating, no, no. Nor was a ball disappearing on the roof of a clubhouse 'lost' when it wasn't found within five minutes, because someone may or may not have been on the roof at the same time - the 5 minute limit apparently didn't apply. If Tiger was within the rules, so was Monty. The number of PGA events won or not doesn't strike me as relevant because Monty was never a member of the PGA Tour - although he did pretty well on the College circuit, I believe. He collected an awful lot of titles on the Tour he is a member of, though. What puzzles me, though, is if you don't care about players personally, why do you seem to have such a down on Monty? Whatever his personal faults, he's been a pretty good golfer for 20 years. However, that's probably for another thread.

Note: This thread is 5034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!