IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always liked Monty (aka. Miss Doubtfire). I agree with what he said 100%. Also I think he is the perfect captain for the euro's next year...Can't wait for this Ryder Cup, I have a feeling it might get a little heated!

I know plenty of Brits who think Monty is a big sour puss, if it wasn't for the Ryder Cup he would have gone down as a nearly golfer. The Ryder Cup has elivated him to being something a bit more. I think he's having a pop at Tiger because Tiger has never liked the Ryder Cup and its now Montys be all and end all.

He might be the perfect Ryder Cup captain, but i'm hoping Europe lose, it'll be great watching sour puss and what he has to say. 'Montgomerie said negative thoughts about his own private life were difficult to shrug off when he was going through turmoil.' Nahhhh, you were just a bit overweight and not quite up it .

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know plenty of Brits who think Monty is a big sour puss, if it wasn't for the Ryder Cup he would have gone down as a nearly golfer.

If that's the case then I suggest those people don't know much about golf in general and Monty's career in particular. On the sourpuss stakes, how does he compare with, say, Ben Hogan or Nick Faldo?

I think he's having a pop at Tiger because Tiger has never liked the Ryder Cup and its now Montys be all and end all.

I think he was answering a question - and he answered it without getting in any way personal.

He might be the perfect Ryder Cup captain, but i'm hoping Europe lose, it'll be great watching sour puss and what he has to say.

Your details say your body is located in the UK but it's clear your loyalty isn't. Not sure we would see many (if any) Americans saying such a thing about their own Ryder Cup captain.

Having seen the interview, if I was Tiger Woods I wouldn't have been in the least bit offended. If I was Faldo, I might feel differently...

• Administrator
You seem to have completely missed the allusion Erik.

What "allusion?" Tell me, Charles, to what was Monty alluding?

Monty plainly talked about how this could or would affect or had affected Tiger on the golf course, which is about the only thing I care about in this whole Tiger Woods thing. Monty knows next to nothing of Tiger's personal life OR what allows him to win golf tournaments, putting him way, way, WAY down on the list of guys qualified to comment on Tiger Woods or his ability to win golf tournaments.
That's for other threads, not this one.

I'm not sure you know what this thread's about anymore yourself. The whole Monty quote is about Tiger

on the golf course . Yes, it's about how his off-the-course crap will affect his play on the golf course - or already has - but it's about Tiger playing golf. Monty said it clearly affected Tiger in hindsight, yet Tiger was still able to win how many PGA Tour events and majors while fooling around on Elin? A lot. That's the relevance, and it's from a quote you chose to post here.
Of course we can all agree or disagree as we wish but IMO he would know more about this than you or I or anyone else on this forum.

I said the same thing. I also said that Monty clearly has no clue what it takes to win once on the PGA Tour (or a major), let alone 14 or 71 times, so the extent to which he can comment reliably on how it will affect Tiger is rather limited.

Let me be explicit so that there is no further misunderstanding: we are talking about the consequences of serious personal relationship issues on the performance of a successful golfing professional.

Make up your mind, Charles.

'Monty cheated at golf' - that would be about taking a drop within the rules (albeit only just)

I don't think it was "within the rules" at all. And it wasn't a drop. He was to have replaced the ball in the same exact spot as it was before - a spot which he should have remembered was difficult since he spent a minute or two trying to find a stance.

In stark contrast to Tiger, who declared a significant part of the landscape - a course feature, no less - a 'movable obstruction' because a couple of dozen people were able to shift it? But that's not cheating, no, no. Nor was a ball disappearing on the roof of a clubhouse 'lost' when it wasn't found within five minutes, because someone may or may not have been on the roof at the same time - the 5 minute limit apparently didn't apply.

Some Tiger hatred going on there, huh?

Tiger didn't break any rules, and that's an absolute requirement of cheating. I actually credit him for knowing the rules regarding a "movable obstruction" at the time in order to take advantage of it. Tiger, unlike most guys on the PGA Tour, seems to know the rules. Good for him. The ruling at Bridgestone regarding the roof is well known. The ball wasn't "lost" because it was known to be in an obstruction. Five minutes is irrelevant. You need to familiarize yourself with rule 24-3b. Even Tiger thought it was OB. He didn't ask for that ruling - he simply followed what the Rules official told him, which was Rule 24-3b.
If Tiger was within the rules, so was Monty.

It doesn't work that way. Monty clearly gained an advantage and did not properly replace his golf ball, instead choosing a location which gave him a FAR easier stance.

What puzzles me, though, is if you don't care about players personally, why do you seem to have such a down on Monty? Whatever his personal faults, he's been a pretty good golfer for 20 years.

It is for another thread, sure. I don't like Monty for the same reasons thousands of others don't like him. He's a whiny prick who has done nothing but fold in the few big moments he's had outside of the Ryder Cup. Whiny pricks are fine so long as they win - it goes along with me not caring about how a golfer is off the course. Tiger's probably a bigger whiny prick than Monty, but he plays better golf, and that's the part I care about.

Plus, Monty cheated. That pretty much put the nail in the coffin of my book on Monty. Again, I care about Tiger Woods as a golfer. Any interest I have in his personal life is pretty much entirely because I recognize that it may affect his play on the golf course. That's it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
If that's the case then I suggest those people don't know much about golf in general and Monty's career in particular. On the sourpuss stakes, how does he compare with, say, Ben Hogan or Nick Faldo?

Oh, he's right up there, but he didn't win majors, and like it or not, that's a big deal.

This thread is certainly not about Monty, though, so let's put a rightful end to the Monty chatter. New rule for this thread in addition to the "no speculation" is "don't post unless it's actual news" with a fairly strict definition of "news." Tiger's a crap human being - we all agree - and he's still the best golfer in the world for now. This is a golf forum and this thread's in Tour Talk, so let's get back to talking about golf and not a bunch of crap that happened off the golf course.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This thread is certainly not about Monty, though, so let's put a rightful end to the Monty chatter.

Hey, any press is good press, or whatever that saying is. Monty must believe that.

New rule for this thread in addition to the "no speculation" is "don't post unless it's actual news" with a fairly strict definition of "news."

Bah, screw you and your "news" rule, Eric. Tiger

is golf and this thread's more relevant to "golf" as a whole than someone trying to figure out what driver or putter they should buy. Until the jerk-hole comes back and wins ten more times including two or three more majors this is gonna be a huge dark cloud hanging over golf. I say we get to talk about whatever we want to talk about, stupid rules aside. And since I know you, I'm sending you a more strongly worded PM as well, ya dang Commie.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator
And since I know you, I'm sending you a more strongly worded PM as well, ya dang Commie.

OK, "Butch," you made your point. Far more eloquently in your PM than here, I will say - sorry if that hurts the "grumpy old codger image" you have going on here.

So now go ahead and talk about whatever you want regarding Tiger Woods (and the car crash/infidelity/indefinite leave stuff). Keep it to Tiger Woods and those three topics, and thank the ol' softie Butch for making a case that just because I don't care about Tiger's off-course, uhh, "activities" doesn't mean others don't. P.S. Butch, you still owe me five bucks, so no calling me a Commie until you pay up. I don't think anyone else here gets that joke anyway.

Keep it to Tiger Woods and those three topics, and thank the ol' softie Butch for making a case that just because I don't care about Tiger's off-course, uhh, "activities" doesn't mean others don't.

good, because some of this madeup BS is pretty funny.

P.S. I understand the Commie joke... my friends are always calling eachother that when we get heavy handed with rules or oversight on silly stuff.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
P.S. I understand the Commie joke... my friends are always calling eachother that when we get heavy handed with rules or oversight on silly stuff.

It's more political than that... and as for the thread, I made a mistake. Just because I'm sick of hearing about non-golf stuff or because I don't really care about Tiger Woods off the golf course doesn't mean everyone else is. Lesson learned, mea culpa, sorry.

I just wish the "Ignore Threads" plugin worked on vB4.

Let's get the soap opera over and let's see what Tiger Woods can do on the golf course with less money in the bank and less money coming in from sponsors and having to go out and win or lose on his own merit.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

...let's see what Tiger Woods can do on the golf course ... having to go out and win or lose on his own merit.

What? He's always won or lost on his own merit, just like anyone else. He's apparently a jerk-hole of a human being, but he's still a good damn golfer.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Oh, he's right up there, but he didn't win majors, and like it or not, that's a big deal.

Who said he's a crap human being, how much has the Tiger Woods Foundation raised to help people?, he certainly appears a horny little devil though.

OK, "Butch," you made your point. Far more eloquently in your PM than here, I will say - sorry if that hurts the "grumpy old codger image" you have going on here.

Now wai ..., wai ..., waidaminnit there old chap. I'M THE ONE with the Grumpy Old Codger persona to protect.

ButchH, you gotta get in line there buster ... Anyway, I agree that Butch H. spoke most eloquently about moderation of this thread and your response Erik was gratefully received. These are times to try all golfer's souls, to be sure, but sheesh. As to that comment by bigoak about "winning on his own merit", unless some Accenture (or Nike or whatever ...) golfer in disguise has been winning tourneys for Tiger since those companies came on board, I think we can all agree on who has been responsible for the stellar record. That would be our vanishing golfing vanquisher. Whether TW can keep it up going forward with all the hoopla, esp. in the near term, is anybody's guess. But me, I'm NOT betting AGAINST him doing that. As others have said, he'll be focused like a laser beam - even more than before perhaps. My betting FWIW is that he'll adjust to the "new reality" rather quickly once he comes out of hiding and gets back on the track. Won't be pleasant early on but he's got his mind on Higher Things (as Jack well knows). Somehow I just don't see Eldrick moping around disconsolately for long. Let's hope his return to the track happens sooner rather than later. This talk of waiting til 2012 seems very very silly to me. All "just MO" and "various assumptions were made in the posting of this message" .... Respectfully, Charles. (p.s. I wish that I had the excuse of a major personal distraction for my recent miserable performance on the course. Maybe I should do something about that hehehe .... ). [only kidding darling, only kidding]

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Apparently Mr. Burns knows what's going down and he's not afraid to share!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl,212110

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

• Administrator
Apparently Mr. Burns knows what's going down and he's not afraid to share!

False. He's just quoting that stupid email that went around. The same one someone posted here a week or two ago. C'mon, it says it right at the bottom there in the "UPDATE:".

For Christ's sake...this thread is done. It's done, no new news in a week.

It's getting a little gay.

Who f'ing cares.

Oh my god! Tiger is losing sponsors!!! He's a f---ing BILLIONAIRE people, he stopped caring about money at 20 million!!!

Time for a reality check.

I'm done posting on this situation...I am going to sit on the couch and watch some Jersey Shore.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Administrator
I'm done posting on this situation...I am going to sit on the couch and watch some Jersey Shore.

Now

that is funny.

damn your fast on the "situaton"
Happy New Year Iacas!!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

damn your fast on the "situaton"

Now beat up that beat!!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!