IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My uncle is a corporate lawyer and he said corporations give a flying rat's ass about the morality of their endorsers. The only reason he said morality clauses exist is to give the company an "out" if a scandal erupts because of a "morality" issue. It's the scandal that they don't like - they couldn't care less about the actual morality.

Entirely consistent with what I'm saying. "Morality clause" is simply a phrase that refers to behavior falling under that particular category - as opposed to something directly related to success at golf for example (failing to make the cut for a year or something ...). It doesn't imply that people at Accenture

personally care about it - we are talking about a business decision by a corporation that is making a substantial investment. And in my opinion it would be a very poor business decision indeed for a corporation like Accenture to continue to pump millions of dollars into a sportsman after they found out that he was secretly living the life that Tiger was living, i.e. even though he hadn't yet been exposed. We are talking about "risk management" here, or protecting ones investment 101.
I'm wanting Tiger on Tour sooner instead of later.

I'm with you 100%. Come back and play Tiger, it will help you in many ways to get back on the track. The "San Diego Open" would be nice but I don't see that happening ....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entirely consistent with what I'm saying.

No it's not. Comps dont care about the actual morality of the people they hire. Half of 'em would probably keep hire Tiger if he was a child molester so long as nobody found out and made a scandal out of it, and that's not even close to nabbing some puss on the side which is probably something 95% of those guys do themselves.

Other pepole said it alreddy: Tiger was "fired" by some of his sponsors because of the scandal, not because he cheated. Accenture probbly WOULD keep pumping millions of dollars into Tiger if THEY found out he was cheating - hell, if the rest of America found out he was cheating - if the scandal part hadn't happned too.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Entirely consistent with what I'm saying. "Morality clause" is simply a phrase that refers to behavior falling under that particular category - as opposed to something directly related to success at golf for example (failing to make the cut for a year or something ...). It doesn't imply that people at Accenture

Ok, so then here's a hypothetical situation for you - Tiger comes back this year, gives everyone the finger, and dominates at a level we haven't seen before. He sits on Oprah's couch, cries, makes an apology, does a few in-depth interviews, wins some people back, whatever. You honestly dont think that a company like Accenture wouldn't be knocking the door down, ready to put more money into him? I can even see the ads right now, saying something along the lines of "Bounce back like Tiger with technology consulting and assistance from Accenture". Come on, can you honestly say that's too far fetched to believe? These companies like AT&T; and Accenture don't care about what he did and didnt do. It's the salacious and incessant reporting and negative portrayal of TW by TMZ and others that made those companies reconsider their relationship with him, not the indiscretions themselves. These corporations don't have morals, they have stockholders and a bottom line that comes long before morality or the lack of.

Now let's talk about the golf. If you want to discuss morality as it affects business, you can start that thread in The Grill Room.
No it's not. Comps dont care about the actual morality of the people they hire. Half of 'em would probably keep hire Tiger if he was a child molester so long as nobody found out and made a scandal out of it, and that's not even close to nabbing some puss on the side which is probably something 95% of those guys do themselves.

Exactly, no TMZ (and other media outlets) = no overblown scandal = no loss of sponsorship.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Ok, so then here's a hypothetical situation for you - Tiger comes back this year, gives everyone the finger, and dominates at a level we haven't seen before. He sits on Oprah's couch, cries, makes an apology, does a few in-depth interviews, wins some people back, whatever. You honestly dont think that a company like Accenture wouldn't be knocking the door down, ready to put more money into him? I can even see the ads right now, saying something along the lines of "Bounce back like Tiger with technology consulting and assistance from Accenture".

Good point, and I've thought about that myself. An all-american story of redemption and triumph over personal demons yada yada yada. Certainly it's happened plenty of times before in other contexts, and IMO it's certainly possible for some corporations

if the scenario plays out as you speculate (which is possible), but here you are looking well into the future. We're a long way from that, seeing as how we haven't heard any more from TW about his present position than a couple of posts on his website. Unless his acts of redemption are sufficiently credible it isn't going to wash with many people (somewhat circular, but you get my point ....) - but others will be so anxious to see it happen that the bar will be set very low. Again, companies will make their own decisions based on risk assessment/focus groups/etc etc, they won't all have the same take on it. Should be interesting to see what happens. Latest report is that GM wants all of their vehicles back, the ones that Tiger has had on loan even after his change of status some time ago.

4-hybrid:

Good point, and I've thought about that myself. An all-american story of redemption and triumph over personal demons yada yada yada. Certainly it's happened plenty of times before in other contexts, and IMO it's certainly possible for some corporations

You're missing my point. My point isn't whether or not this will happen in the future, it's that

if that is what happens, all of those sponsors will be eager to be back on Tiger's side, regardless of his off-course actions. Ever see Eddie Murphy's Raw? Remember the part where he talks about "What have you done for me lately??" That's what it's all about. Lately, press hasn't been good, so they dropped him. If he comes back and wins, they can then associate with a winner again, and he's signed to another endorsement deal. To quote Mark McGwire, they're not here to talk about the past. They're here to work with whatever is current (given the fact that he wins).

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

LOL.

I am mainly responding to specific rejoinders to my own (quoted) posts. That's the trouble with internet forum threads - someone needs to back off eventually .....

4-hybrid:

Chas you could've fooled me! The number of your posts in this thread for a guy you don't really like shows a LOT of persistence. jk

Is that a lady bear? She needs a trim. Anway, there's been no news in this thread for a long time, but it's still an interesting read (once in a while).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yesterday I was reading about the possibility that Tiger is in rehab in Arizona, the point was that the facility handles "love addiction". The idea there is that sex addicts do not maintain relationships with the same women over long periods but love addicts must, it is the adoration they need. The some of the various articles I looked at stated there might be a Vicodan problem, I just don't see that unless he got hooked before surgery. My wife has had two complete knees done and there was no temptation for continued pain meds. If he used them while his knee was bad then he may have used them for quite a while. I will be surprised if drugs are an issue but the love thing rings true for his personality as we have gotten to know it.
As an interesting aside, one column stated that until TMZ says it any rumor about Tiger is probably wrong. TMZ must be proud.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

• Administrator
Yesterday I was reading about the possibility that Tiger is in rehab in Arizona...

Yeah, that one sounds way too much like the dumb email that had Tiger going to AZ for dental surgery, so... whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Some "news" if only because it involves Roger Federer :

Source: AP
Roger Federer says he's spoken to his friend Tiger Woods by phone and predicts he will be back soon "as the wonderful golfer we know."
The tennis star said in an interview published Friday that Woods' car accident in November and subsequent reports about his private life have been hard on the golfer and his family.

We'll see.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some "news" if only because

Extraordinary insight there from Federer. Puts the situation in a whole different light.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Yesterday I was reading about the possibility that Tiger is in rehab in Arizona, the point was that the facility handles "love addiction". The idea there is that sex addicts do not maintain relationships with the same women over long periods but love addicts must, it is the adoration they need. The some of the various articles I looked at stated there might be a Vicodan problem, I just don't see that unless he got hooked before surgery. My wife has had two complete knees done and there was no temptation for continued pain meds. If he used them while his knee was bad then he may have used them for quite a while. I will be surprised if drugs are an issue but the love thing rings true for his personality as we have gotten to know it.

Believe it or not, I have heard some in my area say that Tiger is supposedly in Hattiesburg, MS at a sex rehab center. Sounds pretty far fetch but here is one link that does supports the rumor. But again, probably bs. The Clarion Ledger is the largest newspaper in the state. http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2010100115014

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I heard from a very good friend of mine that a friend of his saw Tiger drinking at a country pub near here. With Madonna.

Elvis couldn't make it.

Believe it or not, I have heard some in my area say that Tiger is supposedly in Hattiesburg, MS at a sex rehab center. Sounds pretty far fetch but here is one link that does supports the rumor. But again, probably bs. The Clarion Ledger is the largest newspaper in the state.

Yeah, wlox.com (Gulfport/Biloxi TV station) and sunherald.com had the same thing. The sources seem shady though.

Even though it's not really any of my business, if it's true, I am kinda interested to know why he chose Pine Grove, just because I went to college in Hattiesburg. It's a pretty quiet place, so maybe he thought that would be better than some high profile place in L.A. or Florida or something. I dunno. Also, Pine Grove isn't really a sex rehab center per se, it's an overall mental health facility.

-  -  - 

It depends on which source is telling the truth.....or none at all.

"Report: Tiger Woods Taking on Sex Rehab in Arizona"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_420828.html
or
http://www.inquisitr.com/56879/repor...ab-in-arizona/
or
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Tiger-...e1-492008.aspx
"Tiger Woods has entered rehab, possibly for sex addiction, at an upscale rehabilitation facility in Arizona. X17online claims that Woods was pushed by an entourage desperate for him to start repairing his badly damaged image.

“He has been there for a few days since his handlers forced him to enter the program,” a source tells X17online.

“They feel that if he blames his cheating on addiction, the public will forgive him.”

“Tiger wants to get back on top,” adds the source. “He agreed to put golfing on hold so he could show the world how badly he feels about what he’s done and to prove that he wants to correct the problems that led to his infidelity.”

Recent reports claim Tiger was spotted in Palm Beach with former (or current?) mistress Rachel Uchitel, but so far no pictures have surfaced nor has anyone gone on the record saying they saw the two together."

This one raises eye brows....which they claim may have lead to his growing libido... http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2...-two-years-ago

Believe it or not, I have heard some in my area say that Tiger is supposedly in Hattiesburg, MS at a sex rehab center.

There is a claimed picture of him at the sex rehab. Certainly looks like him but this age of photoshop, how can you trust anything?

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2010...ex-clinic.html

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!