IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My dad is a state trooper and I myself have some background in the law and this whole thing w/ Tiger not talking and thus the troopers investigating the accident not getting a statement from the guy who was involved in the accident is quite unheard of.

No, technically he isn't charged YET w/ anything, but very well could be. For the troopers to put it all together and thusly see if charges should be filed, they need to talk to Tiger. Physical evidence can tell you most about what happened in wrecks, but not everything. And, like I said, they are investigating an auto accident. And, like my dad always tells me, accidents almost ALWAYS aren't "accidents".

So, yeah, I certainly believe a little celebrity leeway is obviously going on here.

State troopers normally don't play door men to a person who was driving a vehicle in a wreck that they are investigating.

"Not up to talking today Tiger? Ok, but since you are the only one who really knows what happened here we would like to get your story for our investigation but that's alright, we can come back another time."

haha..... you think they would do that to you and I?

I am also curious to know why the FHP is even doing the investigation? State troopers investigate fatal accidents and ones w/ serious injuries involving multiple vehicles, not a single vehicle smashing into a neighbors tree at low speeds. I don't know Florida's procedure on stuff like that but it seemed like the local PD could handle everything just fine.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad is a state trooper and I myself have some background in the law and this whole thing w/ Tiger not talking and thus the troopers investigating the accident not getting a statement from the guy who was involved in the accident is quite unheard of.

Of course the police want a statement - it's their job to gather evidence for prosecution. Tiger has no legal obligation to say anything to them exactly for the reasons you described - the police may end up pressing charges against either Tiger or his wife. Anything you say to the police at this point can only be used to incriminate you (see 5'th amendment). Any normal person in the same circumstances should be doing exactly what they are doing - refuse to give a statement and have a lawyer on call.

IMHO, if the police are treating Tiger slightly differently, it's because they know they need to make sure they get this right - if they don't the media will have a field day. That isn't because of anything Tiger is or isn't doing - it's just the way it is because of the media.

Big clubs: :titleist: 915D3 @ 9.5°, :callaway: X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

You will never have a billion dollars because you, sir, are an idiot. A functioning idiot but still an idiot. Expecting a mother toting around a toddler to wear a dress and heels? You clearly have zero experience with women and children.

Internet tough-guy, you can call me all the names you want. The point is her man appears to be stepping out on her. She can either step up her game, or continue wearing sweats and playing the "dowdy mother" card.

She doesn't have to work. She doesn't have to worry about paying the bills. If they have any sense she has a staff to cook and clean. And since she herself was an Au Pair, they probably have a live-in nanny as well. The majority of the issues and problems that "regular" moms have to deal with, Elin does not. So explain to me again what would be the issue with having the time and energy to fix herself up, since you have so much experience with women and children?

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I can just see it two patrol men walking back to their car complety dressed in nike gear, 10 cases of balls, new golf bags on their sholders with new clubs, hats,...............looking at each other ..............uh.........I guess we'll just come back tommorw...........he said hank is coming over and we can get our gear fitted.....your right this stuf is worthless without a proper fitting.......lets come back tomorrow

Ha, Ha, Ha

Internet tough-guy, you can call me all the names you want. The point is her man appears to be stepping out on her. She can either step up her game, or continue wearing sweats and playing the "dowdy mother" card.

1. The picture you posted was of her holding her child, something that every mother does regardless of whether she has nannies. You think its practical to wear heels on grass while carrying a child?

2. Tiger is going to cheat on her no matter what she wears. She can wear all the designer crap she wants, it won't make a bit of difference. It doesn't matter how hot his wife is or what she's wearing. He will cheat regardless. 3. Elin in sneakers and sweats is 10x hotter than any chick you will ever be with. She's a babe and for you to say that she looks "dowdy" in that photo shows how disconnected you are from reality. Actually, all your posts show you are disconnected from reality. Even dressed down she is hotter than 99% of the female population. She's even hotter than that skank he's sleeping with! 4. Tiger's cheating is not Elin's "fault". Its his fault. He's a horndog and that's all there is to it.

• Administrator
No, technically he isn't charged YET w/ anything, but very well could be. For the troopers to put it all together and thusly see if charges should be filed, they need to talk to Tiger.

See: fifth amendment.

Tiger could invite everyone in, let them ask whatever they wanted, and just say "fifth amendment" to everything they ask. And they'd be exactly where they are now - without any statements from him or Elin. I don't care what happened. I'm just disappointed that this is taking whatever amount of time it ends up taking.
haha..... you think they would do that to you and I?

I don't think they have a choice. People have rights, you know. Since no charges have been filed, Tiger's not "obstructing justice" or anything.

I once turned away two U.S. Marshalls at my front door. Apparently some small-time criminal with a similar sounding first name (spelled completely differently) used to rent my apartment a few years before I did. When they saw my name they said they wanted to check it out. I said "not without a warrant you're not coming in." They had to go get a warrant. And in the meantime I called to make sure they were actual legit U.S. Marshalls.
I am also curious to know why the FHP is even doing the investigation?

They've already answered that question. Look it up. Stop speculating.

The point is her man appears to be stepping out on her.

Speculation and, well, disgusting behavior on your part. Knock it off.

4. Tiger's cheating is not Elin's "fault". Its his fault. He's a horndog and that's all there is to it.

Enough BS and speculation. The end. Anyone else speculates, they're in the penalty box for a couple of hours or days.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oprah? Is that you?

Meh. I believe that Elin is the kind of woman you bring home to your family. Rachel and Megan are the kind of women that like to party and seem to have a bit "too much" fun. So which relationship would last longer between the two types of women? I can guarantee the latter wouldn't last.

Anywho, Elin has been a good wife and mother (as we know), and beautiful, and Tiger is lucky to have her. I just hope these rumors aren't true of his infidelity.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Of course the police want a statement - it's their job to gather evidence for prosecution. Tiger has no legal obligation to say anything to them exactly for the reasons you described - the police may end up pressing charges against either Tiger or his wife. Anything you say to the police at this point can only be used to incriminate you (see 5'th amendment). Any normal person in the same circumstances should be doing exactly what they are doing - refuse to give a statement and have a lawyer on call.

Well, technically yes, he doesn't really have to say anything right now, but it would probably be in his best interest to do so. Eventually he will have to talk, and talking isn't necessarily incriminating yourself either. Just because the police want to talk to you doesn't mean they want to charge you. They're the police, they need to know what happened.

I know Tiger has a damn good lawyer who is telling him what to do, and he obviously knows more than we do, but like I said, eventually he will have to talk to the investigators. He was involved in a vehicle accident! Hell, its a crime in itself not to report an accident. You can hide w/ the 5th ammendment for awhile but a judges supbeona can void that in a hearbeat.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Well, technically yes, he doesn't really have to say anything right now, but it would probably be in his best interest to do so. Eventually he will have to talk, and talking isn't necessarily incriminating yourself either. Just because the police want to talk to you doesn't mean they want to charge you. They're the police, they need to know what happened.

So what. They don't need to know from him - that's the point.

I know Tiger has a damn good lawyer who is telling him what to do, and he obviously knows more than we do, but like I said, eventually he will have to talk to the investigators. He was involved in a vehicle accident! Hell, its a crime in itself not to report an accident.

Why? The accident was reported so he's OK there. He doesn't "have to talk to investigators" - that's the whole point of the 5'th.

You can hide w/ the 5th ammendment for awhile but a judges supbeona can void that in a hearbeat.

Only if it also gives him immunity. You can't be compelled to incriminate yourself - again that's the whole point of the 5'th.

Perhaps I'm misreading your posts - but you it seems like you're saying that he has to talk to the police and that there's no downside to him doing that.

Big clubs: :titleist: 915D3 @ 9.5°, :callaway: X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

He and his wife have already talked too much. They have the 5th and also enjoy the marital privilege of not having to testify against one another. They should have said nothing from the get-go. If the police wanted to build a case, they would have had to have done it by themselves.

We have awesome rights in the country - including the right against self-incrimination. Ignore that right at your peril. EVEN if you are innocent, think carefully about talking to the police. See Prof. Duane's speech on YouTube called something like "Never talk to the police" -- even if you end up disagreeing, it's a thought-provoking series of arguments.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

So what. They don't need to know from him - that's the point.

Your kind of simplifying a sometimes confusing and complicated issue here.

You don't have to talk if you don't want to, we can agree on that. However, I'm pretty sure it would be in his best interest for him to do so. I would think giving the investigators an explanation as to what happened would be better than them forming their own version of why it happened the way it did and thusly probably charge Tiger w/ something (possibly reckless driving, among other things). Another issue here is the implied consent law. If you are involved in an accident (obviously not all accidents, but suspicious ones like this, yes) or a law enforcement officer simply suspects impairement from a driver, that driver, under the implied consent law, MUST consent to an alchohol/drug test. You must acknowledge that law before you get any drivers license. An initial report on the incident from the FHP indicated that alcohol was NOT a factor. So obviously, there had to be some contact w/ Tiger from an officer shortly after the accident happened. Was he checked/tested at that time? What did Tiger say, if anything, about the accident at that time? Questions, questions.......... but I won't speculate.....

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

All I know is that Tiger needs to straighten out all of his driving.

Driver to 3 wood,..... Escalade to lets say...Honda Fit??

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Speculating over the internet about this isnt gonna make it come out quicker so why not cut the bullshit and just wait

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Administrator
Well, technically yes, he doesn't really have to say anything right now, but it would probably be in his best interest to do so.

Disagree, and again, enough speculating. You don't know what happened or didn't happen so to suggest what may or may not be "best" for him is speculating.

Eventually he will have to talk,

No, he won't.

like I said, eventually he will have to talk to the investigators. He was involved in a vehicle accident! Hell, its a crime in itself not to report an accident.

The accident was reported. Clearly he does NOT have to talk to the police.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...dent?GT1=39002

Source: Kim Montes Woods is not required by law to speak to the Florida Highway Patrol because it is being investigated as a traffic accident, spokeswoman Sergeant Kim Montes said.

You can hide w/ the 5th ammendment for awhile but a judges supbeona can void that in a hearbeat.

Seriously? Dude, you're 27, your dad's a lawyer, and you think a subpoena can break the fifth amendment? Or that he could even be forced to testify against his wife (or vice versa)?

He and his wife have already talked too much. They have the 5th and also enjoy the marital privilege of not having to testify against one another. They should have said nothing from the get-go. If the police wanted to build a case, they would have had to have done it by themselves.

The end. Thanks, FS.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Whatever happened to being honest?

i share iacas' sentiment. sure, tiger is a big item and whatever happens to him, around him, within one million miles of him may be news worthy to a lot of people, but to go beyond that into the sleezy zones of tmz/national enquirer/etc is sure your right but to me downright stupid. whatever tiger did i am sure cannot match some of the stupid stuff that some of us have done in our past and very likely in our future.

i don't have pity for tiger for his predicament. i do have pity for some of us who are neither talented enough to be a factor in golf nor in tabloid journalism.

Whatever happened to being honest?

whatever happened to "mind your own business"? (not you specifically) Let's face it, not many are concerned with Tiger's health and welfare at this point. They want to know if there are marital problems. That's between him and his wife, no one else.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I have to agree with Erik, Tiger doesn't need or have to talk to the police. It's really not anyones buisness, the accident was with a tree so maybe the tree deserves an explanation or the owner of the tree. Other than that nobody needs to hear from him. I feel bad for Tiger having to deal with such a private matter in public it's probably very embarrassing.
On a lighter note what club do you think Elin used wood iron or putter?

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!