IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry. Must have misheard this side of the Pond. Thought [OJ Simpson] was acquitted by a jury of his peers? Ah! Guilty in the court of human opinion/media. Sorry, being a bit Devil's Advocate...

He was acquitted in the criminal trial, but found guilty in the subsequent civil trial.

Bill

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a few days ago, didnt Gatorade say they had no plans of dropping him? now this?

FWIW, on a radio talkshow last night, someone called in who said he owned a grocery store and had received a notice of product discontinuance well before this news broke.

Woods still has some (deserved, IMO) lumps to take, and he'd better have a thick skin next season because the jokes will continue for a while, but the overwhelming history in the US is that "moral" transgressors can and usually do overcome such faults in the general public's eye. I'm sure there will be a percentage of people who will not forgive him, but how many are golf fans who attend an event? Plus, Woods is nothing if not well-managed, and you know he will have the best PR talent money can buy advising him on a comprehensive strategy (IMO, for example, he would be well advised to tone down the attitude issues on course, and his foundation will undertake more activity, as part of such a strategy - there are already op-ed pieces calling for just that). His sponsors have invested too much to let their investment go to waste. I'll be surprised if Nike isn't eventually in the forefront of "rehabilitating" Woods through a new ad campaign.

Tiger Woods had a sports drink? Wtf?

I bet GM ran themselves into the ground on purpose in order to distance the Buick brand from the TW brand - it all adds up.

On another note, can we please stop comparing TW to OJ? That's insulting to a man who, as far as we know, is "only" guilty of adultery with consenting adults.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

If Elin takes the kids over to Sweden and moves into the house she has just bought with her sister and divorced him and left him rattling around that big house on his own so to speak, I think it would affect him mentaly which in turn would affect his game.

I see Elin's home purchase as either (1) precursor to a separation or divorce; or (2) a preparation which is necessary to escape the media hordes (there are 6-figure price tags on pics of Tiger, Elin or the kids).

And if she does leave and take the kids, I think Tiger will just make/purchase a base nearby in Sweden. He has his own jet. Though I'm still not convinced about the divorce yet. If you follow the $$$, the bulk of the reworked prenupt doesn't kick in until 2 years. To top it off, the reported conditions inside the new agreement don't allow her to separate from him and still get all that $$$ in 2 years. However, that was when there were 2 maybe 3 mistresses. If we're talking 10, then Elin may say to hell with the extra money and just get out of the marriage with what she's already entitled to plus child support. It's a shame for the kids. Tiger's an adult and Elin's an adult so they can cope. Those kids will have to find some regular life soon.

Damn people ...most of you all are way too much into this whole thing. He screwed up bad, but all the speculation is just a bunch of BS!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Damn people ...most of you all are way too much into this whole thing. He screwed up bad, but all the speculation is just a bunch of BS!

You're right, but it's just interesting. You have fans of his that are interested, and judging by the posting history of some, you have people who already were detractors who enjoy this.

I just hope Tiger used a condom.

One the few areas that cheating celebrities usually take care of. I'm sure one of these ladies would've LOVED to get knocked up by Tiger. Reminds me of the new song "Baby by me."

No way his wife didn't have SOME idea of all of this considering how long it had been going on and with how many women and with how RECKLESS Tiger obviously had been. I am some of the other players knew, and they told their wives, and you know how women are. MEOW! Someone surely made mention of it, either to be nice or nasty. On top of that, there is his cell phone and all kinds of other data. Seriously, no WAY she didn't know that he was cheating. I am sure, though, that she didn't know the extent of it. Now that she does I wonder what her next move will be?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I just hope Tiger used a condom.

You never know!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

If Elin takes the kids over to Sweden and moves into the house she has just bought with her sister and divorced him and left him rattling around that big house on his own so to speak, I think it would affect him mentaly which in turn would affect his game.

She won't be taking the kids to Europe to live, Florida family law will absolutely prohibit it. She will have a hard enough time moving out of the county, which won't happen either.

Unless Tiger is proved to be an unfit parent, then it's a different game.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

She won't be taking the kids to Europe to live, Florida family law will absolutely prohibit it. She will have a hard enough time moving out of the county, which won't happen either.

What weight would a court in Sweden place on "Florida family law" if she has sole custody? Over the years I recall several stories of North American fathers trying unsuccessfully to get their children back from Denmark, Norway and other scandinavian countries after a failed marriage.

Look at the bigger picture - where are these kids better off? What if Tiger's mom is willing to learn Svenske? Personally, I think the kids are better off with both parents, as long as they're loved and they're safe.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

What weight would a court in Sweden place on "Florida family law" if she has sole custody? Over the years I recall several stories of North American fathers trying unsuccessfully to get their children back from Denmark, Norway and other scandinavian countries after a failed marriage.

There are two kinds of custody, physical and legal. Generally both parents get 50% of legal custody with the mother getting 100% physical custody (I said generally). However, just because the mother might have sole physical custody she just can't up and move wherever she wants. If that becomes the case here, Tiger would have to give consent to allow Elin to take the kids overseas. I am not saying this will be what happens and certainly things may be different in Florida, but Swedish law would not apply here. Heck, we don't even know there will be a divorce.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

. . . Tiger would have to give consent to allow Elin to take the kids overseas

I said people had trouble getting their kids

back from scandinavia. The mothers were able to physically take the children to Norway (for example). Maybe they went on a holiday? To see maternal grandparents perhaps? I don't know if the father gave consent or if the mother took the kids there legally - maybe I can find the archived story on 60 Minutes' and let you know how they made their way overseas.

I said people had trouble getting their kids

Yes, I was able to comprehend your post. I was just expanding on it. Obviously there have been cirumstances in which kids get out of the country with one parent or the other. I was pointing out one scenario that could pertain to Tiger.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Yes, I was able to comprehend your post. I was just expanding on it. Obviously there have been cirumstances in which kids get out of the country with one parent or the other. I was pointing out one scenario that could pertain to Tiger.

Yes, I doubt Elin is going to abscond with the kids.

• Administrator
I see Elin's home purchase as either (1) precursor to a separation or divorce; or (2) a preparation which is necessary to escape the media hordes (there are 6-figure price tags on pics of Tiger, Elin or the kids).

Bah. She bought the house for her sister, just like she bought a house for her mom years ago. The sale was probably consummated several weeks or even months ago - just coincidental timing on when the paperwork went through. She'd been looking at the house since it went on the market something like 18 months ago.

At least that's the stuff I heard that makes the most sense to me. It's not like she decided to buy it this week so she could run away.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...946612,00.html I didn't know that Elin was from such a prominent family in Sweden[/URL] based on the fact that she used to be a nanny. Her mother is a former minister and current governor. Her father is a well known journalist. So it's not just a matter of money but pride of her family as well. The fact that Elin's mother was there still and collapsed(probably out of stress) tells you that she is in the middle of this too.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

You might be right with your first para, obviously I don't know about the history of the purchase, but on the second - we don't know what the pre-nup (original or amended) says in all relevant parts. Typically such agreements have clauses in which each party makes representations to the other about certain underlying facts that the parties rely upon in agreeing to the terms. It's possible the terms she accepted (original or amended) are conditioned on specific stated facts, or other conditions, which she might now claim are false and thus void her consent. Or, there may not be any such clauses in the agreement. These can be very gray issues. What isn't so gray is the likely effect all this has on kids.

Note: This thread is 5040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!