IGNORED

Slightly funny (desperate?) attempt at new clubs

topspin4hand
Note: This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a Tiger fan and my wife knows it. My wife is NOT a golf fan and does not understand the draws of equipment to alot of us. I started playing 2 yrs ago with a set of game improve Nike clubs in part b/c they were free for me and a little b/c of Tiger's endorsement of Nike.

Well, late last night I tried to fake indignation at Tiger's transgressions while going on about how I needed to get new clubs and purge myself of my Nike clubs and the imagery of Tiger's influence .... man, was my wife not having any of that!

I know. This was a pathetic attempt. I'll have to do better.

I'm a Tiger fan and my wife knows it. My wife is NOT a golf fan and does not understand the draws of equipment to alot of us. I started playing 2 yrs ago with a set of game improve Nike clubs in part b/c they were free for me and a little b/c of Tiger's endorsement of Nike.

How closely are your finances linked? Would she notice if you picked up a couple things off Ebay? It doesn't really matter - be a man for chrissakes - tell your wife you're going to trade your clubs in before the price of used Nike's falls through the floor.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

How closely are your finances linked? Would she notice if you picked up a couple things off Ebay? It doesn't really matter - be a man for chrissakes - tell your wife you're going to trade your clubs in before the price of used Nike's falls through the floor.

We have a joint account. Honestly, money isn't the issue (I went thru 8 yrs of school and 4 yrs in indentured servitude aka residency to get to this stage ...). We have a house rule where certain expenses must be agreed upon.

And yes I have snuck a few new weapons into my bag (i.e. my SW and LW). And she also may have the impression my Scotty was half the price it cost . The reality of the situation is that I need to find more time for lessons, practice and play to warrant getting a new set...

Always remember -

Best first post for a new member EVER

My wife and I also have a joint account. However, we allow ourselves a little extra money in the pocket to do with as we please. It's a don't ask/don't tell kinda thing and it works nice. Granted, this is not a lot of money, but if I save it up and not blow it on stupid stuff, I can buy new equipment pretty regularly.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Note: This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!