IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Paint filling

Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went for a simple DIY paintfill and headcover as well. I'm quite please with how well it came out:

It really is quite easy to do. If you have an idea for a design, go for it!

I went for a simple DIY paintfill and headcover as well. I'm quite please with how well it came out:

Looks great! How did you take the color out of the red dots on the head cover? I have tried everything and the red dots are still as red as ever. Even washed the stupid thing in straight bleach with no luck

So, I sent my putter off to the Cameron Custom shop for a loft/lie adjustment because a local guy screwed it up (long story). They charge you $45 even though loft/lie adjustments are free. So I bought a nice new black Cameron Cord grip (to replace the red) and got a Jackpot Johnny stamp on the face, both of which totaled the $45 they were going to charge me anyway for the loft/lie adjustment. I didn't want to have them change the paint fill simply because I can't see paying $72 for them to do it.

That blue looks great, I bet you're very happy with it.

How did you take the color out of the red dots on the head cover?

Rubbed neat bleach in with cotton pads until there was almost no colour left. Took about 10 minutes. They ended up yellowish, and a couple of Sharpies did the rest.

That blue looks great, I bet you're very happy with it.

Yes, I'm very happy with the outcome. I've never been a fan of anything red, so the blue is really pleasing to my eye. Just need to get a headcover to match now.

Rubbed neat bleach in with cotton pads until there was almost no colour left. Took about 10 minutes. They ended up yellowish, and a couple of Sharpies did the rest.

Where can you buy "neat" bleach? Tried looking up information on it, but no luck. How does "neat" bleach differ from just good ol' regular bleach?

Very nice! I'd never be able to attempt that myself I don't think but you did a GREAT job it appears!!!

It's actually extremelly easy. I was hesitant at first as well, but finally just said the heck with it and went for it. It's next to impossible to screw up if you have the right paint and tools for the job.

Did you end up going with the Tamiya paint? If so did you order it online or is it readily available at local craft stores?

Yes, I used Tamiya paint. If you look online, there are some colors that have "clear" next to the color. These are the translucent colors. I called round and found some at local model airplane/car hobby store. I've heard people use Testors model paint as well (can be found at Michael's craft store) but I don't believe they have translucent colors.

I also ordered these needle point applicator bottles from A-West online: http://www.hobbymasters.com/a-westst...torbottle.aspx I ended up getting the 3 of the "flow 2" bottles (one for each color I have). You can store the paint in them and then just put the needle point on (it's removable) when you're ready to paint. These things are the most important part in my opinion. You could paint by dipping a toothpick into the paint but that would take a while. The needle bottles make it quick and painless.

Tamiya paints are available individually on eBay. I think I paid about $6 including postage for the three I used. You can buy applicators, but a few cocktail sticks will do the job just as well when you're painting a golf club.

Where can you buy "neat" bleach?

I just meant regular kitchen/bathroom bleach, straight from the bottle, undiluted.

I just meant regular kitchen/bathroom bleach, straight from the bottle, undiluted.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, then. I took some cotton swabs and applied the bleach with no luck and then I even washed the headcover in bleach and it did absolutely nothing to fade the red.

Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!