IGNORED

Tour Striker Training Aid

bpolunin
Note: This thread is 2676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to purchase the Tour Striker Pro to improve my ball striking, Has anyone used it and what you think of it? Did it improve your game?

http://www.tourstriker.com/

Please let me know...

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
In my R7 Staff Bag
Driver R7 SuperQuad 10.5* - Stiff3 Wood 2009 R7 CGB Max - Stiff3 & 4 Hybrid 2009 R7 CGB Max - Graphite Stiff5-SW Irons 2009 R7 CGB Max - Graphite StiffWedges Vokey 60* & 64* Spin Milled Black NickelPutter Ping...

• Administrator
Haven't used it. Theory behind it seems sound, but there are less expensive ways to practice getting the shaft lean while using your own clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive never seen it before, but it looks like it could work.. Are you really suppose to have your hands that far in front of the clubhead to hit it well, it almost seems like they are making you deloft your club too much, no?

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Ive never seen it before, but it looks like it could work.. Are you really suppose to have your hands that far in front of the clubhead to hit it well, it almost seems like they are making you deloft your club too much, no?

Maybe it's meant to ingrain feel?

Like Erik said, I'm plenty happy with holding a stick on the end of my club and not stabbing myself with it.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Thanks guys,
Erik, what ways would you recommend to practice to get the shaft lean and the ball strike more consistent. Even though I play fairly well, I do still have tendencies not to leave a divot at all or a little behind the ball or right under. It's it's obvious to me that I am hitting the ball with bottom of my club head and not the middle "sweet spot".
I think what they stress is your impact zone is suppose to be different then your setup position, which I have known before, but it's hard to make it happened without a tool since when making a full swing, it's hard to feel the difference.
Are there other cheaper tools or maybe even drills to do to achive the same goal?
Thanks.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
In my R7 Staff Bag
Driver R7 SuperQuad 10.5* - Stiff3 Wood 2009 R7 CGB Max - Stiff3 & 4 Hybrid 2009 R7 CGB Max - Graphite Stiff5-SW Irons 2009 R7 CGB Max - Graphite StiffWedges Vokey 60* & 64* Spin Milled Black NickelPutter Ping...

• Administrator
Thanks guys,

The simplest drill would be to work on your chipping and slowly start moving to longer swings.

Retain the angle between the right forearm and the shaft of the club, too - don't let that right arm roll over (face-on view).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm getting one soon and I'll be able to get back to you guys about it shortly. It looks intersting. We'll see how it works.

Driver: Adams 9105d Tech A4 Harrison Saga 70 Stiff
Driver: Adams 9032ls VooDoo XNV6
Nike 17* 4W Sq - VooDoo svs7
Cobra Baffler Pro 18*
4-PW: Mizuno MP-52, Project X53*: Cleveland Golf 58856*: Callaway X-Forged MD60*: Callaway X-Forged MD

• 4 months later...
Anyone have one/ used one? Thoughts?

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Anyone have one/ used one? Thoughts?

I have never had the chance to use one but I love the concept - looking forward to see if anyone else has insight here.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

• 1 month later...
Hey Erik,

What is yoour opinion of this training club?

http://www.tourstriker.com/

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

• Administrator
What is yoour opinion of this training club?

I've heard good things. Never seen or used one myself.

I found that product online just by chance last fall, and been following the web-site every now and then since. I also just saw the infomercial on the Golf Channel earlier this week, and it's pretty well done. I'd like to get one, but with a somewhat limited golf budget there are other things I can spend the $100 on. I would love to hear from anyone that's used one.

Also, the inventor is a PGA pro, and I've sent him some emails with questions. He's always responded within a day, so he seems to really be into his product.

Ping K15 12* | Ping K15 4h | Callaway Razr X HL Irons 5 - AW | Cleveland 54* and 58* wedges | Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie | Bushnell Neo GPS | Nike M9 Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, just watched the commercial for this new product and it seems to make sense. I wonder if it truely teaches you how to keep the hands in front at impact?

Thoughts??

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

its not new, its been around for quite sometime im pretty sure, i made a thread on here a couple months ago asking people about it but no one responded.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

There's a loooong thread over at golfwrx. People seem to like it.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I've actually heard some really good things about it. My cousin has one and loves to hit it a few times a week at the range just as a check up kind of. I've read some reviews online about it that have always sounded positive as well. If you feel like you're having trouble keeping your hands in front of the ball and hitting the ball first before the ground then it may be worth a shot.

Thanks for the reply, guess I will have to do some more research.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Note: This thread is 2676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!