IGNORED

If you could only play with one brand, what would you play?

tws1098
Note: This thread is 5190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My knee jerk reaction was Cobra with the great irons and drivers they have been coming out with lately. But then I realized they do not really make any great wedges so that hurts their case. I think I have to agree that Mizuno is up there at the top, probably even with Titleist. Taylormade would have to be just a step below those two, probably even with Cleveland. Also, a case has to be made for Nike as they have a very wide array of clubs to choose from ranging all the way from Drivers down to putters.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

I do. Titleist.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

My knee jerk reaction was Cobra with the great irons and drivers they have been coming out with lately. But then I realized they do not really make any great wedges so that hurts their case. I think I have to agree that Mizuno is up there at the top, probably even with Titleist. Taylormade would have to be just a step below those two, probably even with Cleveland. Also, a case has to be made for Nike as they have a very wide array of clubs to choose from ranging all the way from Drivers down to putters.

ooh yeah, i didnt even think about Cobra. those new S2 Forged irons are freaking gorgeous! its to bad they dont make any wedges (as far as i know)

i would pick cleveland because they also own srixon and never compromise
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

ooh yeah, i didnt even think about Cobra. those new S2 Forged irons are freaking gorgeous! its to bad they dont make any wedges (as far as i know)

Yup, i own those bad boys...went to the shop and tested them against the Titleist AP2 irons. The Cobras literally felt and performed EXACTLY THE SAME as the AP2s for me...and with the $200 difference in price i was sold right away.

cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

i would pick cleveland because they also own srixon and never compromise

wrong S.R.I sports who own srixon own the cleveland/never compromise brand

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

I haven't really heard anyone with Nike? I'm going with nike

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Cobra and Titleist are affiliated with the same mother company (ashunet or something) so you COULD use Cobra irons and woods and then use titleist wedges, balls, and putters.

Driver:Taylormade Burner 10.5 with Aldila NV 65S
FW Wood: Nike Dymo 3 Wood with Aldila VooDoo
Hybrids: Adams Idea A7 3 Hybrid
Irons: Ping i15 4-P
Wedge: Cleveland CG15 52.10 and Titleist Vokey 58.12Putter: Bettinardi BC3Ball: Callaway Tour i(z) and Titleist Pro V1x

Cobra and Titleist are affiliated with the same mother company (ashunet or something) so you COULD use Cobra irons and woods and then use titleist wedges, balls, and putters.

Cobra used to make great wedges. Ever hear of Phil Rodgers? Most haven't.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have a feeling there aren't going to be many Mizuno responses since they aren't well known for their woods IMO. Definitely will be more Titleist choices than Mizuno.

Well here is another vote for Mizuno. I have their Drivers (3) and Fairway woods (2) and they are just fine for my swing. Their Hybrids (MX-700)are almost magical. After reading up on the buttery feel of their players irons I will try them in 2K10.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

I haven't really heard anyone with Nike? I'm going with nike

I threw my vote in for nike in an above post...they really do have great clubs in every category

I'm sold

Titleist, Titleist, Titleist.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Titleist, Titleist, Titleist.

Your only supposed to pick one....

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Uh? Well uh let's see.....Hummm?

Maybeeee......PING!!!!

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

My vote is Nickent and in fact My clubs are nothing but Nickent already.

Driver  Speedline F11 10.5*
Fairway Launcher FL 17* 3W
Hybrid Mashie 18* 2h Mashie 23* 4h
Iron CG16 5-PW
Wedge CG16 50* CG15 DSG 56* CG15 64*
Putter Pipe II
Ball Gamer

Note: This thread is 5190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!