IGNORED

Any push/pull carts that can fit in a car trunk?

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 5213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just joined a private golf club here in Jacksonville and am getting a great rate as a young executive (under 30yrs old). However I have came upon the opportunity to walk the course to get a little work out with my round. I have never walked a course since usually at the public muni's I had to take a golf cart. I have a cart bag and I really dont want to get a stand bag. I would prefer just to get a push/pull cart to walk with, as well as save money on the golf cart fees.

Any recommendations?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Clicgear 2.0 and a lot of the Sun Mountain carts fold up easily and fit in the trunk. I have had my Clicgear for over a year now and it is great. Easy to set up and take down and durable.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I have used my Sun Mountain for about four years and love it. The only thing that sucks about it is, the brake cable breaks about every year from folding it up. It ends up getting kink's in it at the point where you fold the front wheel under. Good news, they will send you a new one for free, bad news is it takes some time to change and get set and sooner than later you have to do it again. I just used mine this year without any break and got along fine as long as you pay attention where you are parking.

Wow, that Clicgear cart is sweet. I have a basic push cart that I really like. It fits in the backseat of my 4 door Subaru Legacy, but not in the trunk.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks guys. Im looking to get something under $100 since I really dont need anything too nice. I would rather spend money on a GPS or new irons next year.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

I have the ClicGear 2.0 and it easily fits in the trunk of my '06 Pontiac Grand Prix GT along with my bag. We have actually fit 2 of them in there when a friend and I went out and he brought his along. So we were able to fit 2 ClicGears and 1 stand bag and 1 cart bag. I have not seen a smaller folding push cart yet, but haven't looked much since getting the ClicGear.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I recently shopped for push carts (ended up with a new basic one for <$50). You will have difficulty finding one that folds to fit in the trunk for less than $100. Just did a quick froogle.com search for clicgear 2.0. Cheapest is on Ebay for $120. This one is the 1.0 version.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I could always go to home depot and make one.....lol this might be cool.

Kyle Paulhus

I have Sun Mountain and my SIL a Clic cart. I would recommend the Clic.Why???
The size it folds down to. As far as spending the $ go with a good push cart. Your back will thank you. The pull is good for maybe 18 but anything more the push excels. Push are more maneuverable and versatile.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I could always go to home depot and make one.....lol this might be cool.

I'm sure the other members at your private club would be impressed.

You get what you pay for. The $200 for a ClicGear or SunMountain is money well spent. I do applaud your desire to become a walking golfer. I think one of the main considerations I would have when choosing a club would be presence of a walking culture.

I have a BagBoy Automatic. It folds as small as the clickgear 2.0; when I compared them at the pro shop folded size was close to the same for each.
I liked the brake and straps on the Bagboy, otherwise I would give no advantage to either as they are both a great choice. Handles will make a difference to, go to a shop and set your bag one some different ones, even see if they will let you push them in the grass. My BagBoy can be pushed on a flat fairway with 1 finger. Up and downhill perform well to eventhough I have a HEAVY bag. Prices, you can probobly get into either of the for $150 - $175 during Christmas. You may want to keep your eyes open for a used one.
"Caveat" - buy a quality unit (new or used) as the are built better, and replacement parts are readily available.

Good Luck with your shopping, and congrats on you new membership.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

I've had the one in my signature line for two years now.

I can't imagine how I ever walked without it.....it put all the other carts I've tried over the years to shame.

Extremely compact when folded and very rugged and heavy duty. Takes five seconds, at most, to deploy.

You can't go wrong. I'm seeing them online and ebay new for $170.

Don't compromise....you'll be glad you treated yourself.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Thanks guys. Im looking to get something under $100

Lots of improvement on "trolly" carts in the past 5 years. Clerks in the golf shops advise: get something

durable that folds up, will last awhile. Sounds like you will use the cart heavily each season. Also, walking will keep your legs in shape, which should help improve your swing and score.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think Im going to go with either the Bag Boy or Clic gear. Which ever fits the best in my trunk. I dropped 44lbs last year and its starting to creep back on. I would rather play a bunch of golf walking a little over 4 miles a round, 4 times a week, and its a lot more fun than sitting in a weight watchers meeting....(not to dog on WW because it really does work)

Kyle Paulhus

Another vote for the clic gear 2.0! I've had it for a year and love it!

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I had a Bag Boy that fit in my trunk pretty easily but then again I have an SUV so pretty much anything fits back there including two sets of clubs in their bags, a Christmas tree and my son. Seriously though... I had used a push cart for about a year until I got a carry bag (Ogio Grom) and haven't looked back. It is so much easier to maneuver a course with a carry bag and IMHO it's less stressful on your back and legs than a push/pull cart. The most important thing about a carry bag is that you strap it on correctly. Too low and it will be bothersome but move it up to the small of your back and you don't even know it's there.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

Here in Australia, nearly everyone uses what we call a buggy, which folds and fits into what we call the boot the car very easily. They all fit in the "trunk".
Very few people carry bags and the only people who use carts are the elderly and infirm, unless it is a resort course where you have to use a cart. Otherwise you are looked upon as being a bit weird by many.
I know that it is a nice feeling of freedom walking with a light stand bag on your back, but once you've used a push trolley/buggy/cart, you'll never look back.
I use a BagBoy Automatic.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Love my sun mountain well worth the $$$. One bit of advice, try to get airless wheels. Lots of my frinds have other carts that need to be pumped up every few rounds. A couple of them are just about ready to dump their carts for a new one.

Note: This thread is 5213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!