IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Win the junior pga championship in my state.
2. Bring my handicap to 2 or lower.
3. Learn to enjoy every round even when I'm mad.
4. Bring my high school two state for the second year in a row.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Make my college's golf team
It's a lofty goal, and I won't be too disappointed if I don't do it, but I do want to give it my best shot.

2) Spend more time on the practice green than the driving range
I've been doing this so far this year, and my short game is getting better everyday.

3) Always remember it's just a game
Ever since this has been my only swing thought, the rest has been up to muscle memory, and I've been playing better.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

1) No three putts
2) Get as close as possible to a single handicap
3) Win all my matches
4) Analyze my game
5) Spend more time with coach
6) Keep playing and enjoying golf.

Well.

I've been on a golf hiatus since about a year ago, and haven't played since. I still haven't started back up again, but I've been wanting to for a while now. It won't be until I get enough money to buy some new clubs, and a membership, so it'll probably be summer time. So my goals are pretty much -

1. Get back to a reasonable standard of golfing.
2. Play in more competitions. (before I was far too shy, and only played in a couple, because I didn't want to embarrass myself).
3. Don't play any stupid shots when I don't need to.

Ben

My goals are much less lofty then what I've read on here. I just started playing in August '09, so my goal is simply to shoot under 100 by August 2010. So far the closest has been a 108. Short game and putting improvements will surely be the best way to my goal.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX 3+, 4, 5
Irons: Ping G15 5 - PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-R (52*, 56*, 60*)
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4 (34" and 35")

practice more and become a scratch golfer

callaway ft5 9 degree driver
callaway diablo 15 degree
callaway diablo hybrid
callaway x forged 3-pw px 6.5
callaway x forged 51,55,59 wdgesbettinardi bc1 putter

I have been working a lot on the mental side of my game and I guess my next aim is to hit the 1st fairway tomorrow. I don't want to start setting myself unreasonable goals and I believe each shot should be played as an individual component.

However, my main goal is to get back down to a 3 handicap. I used to be off 2.9 I think then I broke my leg and over the last few years with work and recovery it has crept back upto 4.6 ish. So I have a 3 year goal to get down to scratch with this years aim to get back to 3. First regional open of the year on Saturday at a course I play pretty well on so that is a chance.

From the top:

R9 TP Driver Stiff 9.5deg
R9 TP 4-Wood Stiff 17deg
X-Forged Prototype 3-9 Stiff (rifle flighted) 48deg, 52deg, 56deg, 60deg CG12 Wedges Newport Longneck TeI3 One Black

* reduce handicap to single figures
* take pga pro lessons
* break 80 from normal tees not winter ones
* stop buying golf gear i dont need
* get custom fitted new clubs

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

My goal this year:

*break 40 at my local course (9 hole, best round so far has been a 43)

How i intend on doing it

*reduce average number of shots inside 100 yards to 3. (ie, I would like to average in the cup in 3 strokes from 100 yards out)
*play 9 holes without a 3 putt.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I'm a beginner, I hit one of goals allready which is to hit under 40 at this pitch and put course I've been playing at, (par 27). 39 twice in row. My next goal is to get under 40 at a par 30 course. and under 100 at a par 72 course. I'm hoping before my birthday in November I can break 100 on a par 72 course. That would make me verry happy.

I'm a beginner, I hit one of goals allready which is to hit under 40 at this pitch and put course I've been playing at, (par 27). 39 twice in row. My next goal is to get under 40 at a par 30 course. and under 100 at a par 72 course. I'm hoping before my birthday in November I can break 100 on a par 72 course. That would make me verry happy.

nice goin'....

I think it's cool when newer players get excited about the game. Good luck!

Driver - 983K 9.5* w/ YS-6 stiff shaft
3-Wood - 980F 15* w/ Titleist 4375 stiff shaft
5-Wood - 980F 18* w/ Titleist 4375 stiff shaft
Irons - X-20's - 4-PW
Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Putter - Black Series i 1 - Ball - B330rx

1. Straighten out my driver and iron shots
2. Gain 10-15 yards on my drives
3. Lower my scoring average 2 strokes
4. Get my chip shots within 2 feet
5. Have less putts

In My Bag:
Cobra HS9 10.5
Titleist 980F 3 wood
Cobra FP 4-SW
Cleveland 57 SWRife Antigua Island Series putterMizuno Stand Bag

Main Goal: Break 80

Goal Dependencies:
- Get new AP2 Irons fully custom fitted by PGA pro (currently playing with 1/2" cut down Nike pro combos)
- Work on reading greens better
- Work on short game around the green.

I am a pretty decent driver, iron player. But I easily lose 5-8 strokes putting and chipping...

Quantitative goal: break 90. Since I usually play 9 at a time, I'll let two consecutive sub-45 rounds count (44-46 wouldn't, since 9 holes don't have the difficulty of a fatigued back 9). Just got below 100 with 48-48 for the first time but everything except putting has been improving dramatically the last few weeks. (Putting was relatively better to start, so it's not bad).

General goal: cut the stupid extra strokes. It's almost all about the stupid strokes for me. It's almost always a few bogeys, a couple pars, and a couple 8s or something that does it. So it's not like a slight miss keeping me up, it's that one hole where I drive two fairways right, then fail to chip out, then chunk a wedge and then 3-putt from 6 feet.

Method: Practice more and better. I'm getting my striking to a good place, so I plan to focus on hitting straight more than just hitting clean. Right now I usually hit consistent distances on the range, but it's a scattershot result because I've really been working on clean contact. Also focus on staying relaxed and in the moment, trying to recreate the range feeling on every shot. I think it's getting hung up on results (what I want to do) instead of actions (what I'm doing) that causes the mini-melt downs.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

* start shooting low 80s consistently
* takemore lessons
* focus more time on putting
* custom fit my clubs and get a stiff shaft for my driver!!!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!