IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main goal this year is to work on my short distance chipping. my game seems to suffer the most when i'm chipping within 30 yards.

and of course work on my putting as well.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

My goal.... (?)

My goal is to hit every (I repeat, every) shot straight as an arrow. Not left, not right, but straight. That's my biggest goal, there are of course smaller ones but about them another time.

My main goals are to commit to playing and practicing more, actually enjoying playing more instead of worrying about my score so much, and to obtain an actual handicap to track my progress more accurately.
In my Nike U of Ala bag

Driver: Calloway FT-5 9.5 degree
Fairway Woods:Calloway Big Bertha
Irons:Taylormade Super Steel Burner 3-SWWedge:Cleveland CG14 60 degreePutter:Ping B60 I

Just started playing golf in March, so my goals by the end of 2010 are pretty simple.

1) Break 100
2) Hit the ball straight more consistently
3) Have my own full set of clubs

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

You started in March and already have HDCP 28 ?!

Nope...in fact haven't even been on the course yet. I just subtracted from 100.

Don't worry, I'm not better than you ; )

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

1. Be able to break 80 on a CONSISTENT basis by the end of the year. I've done it only once.

2. Be able to hit my driver straight more often (I currently hit about anywhere between 6-10 fairways per round). Tough to shoot good scores when I'm always playing from the rough.

3. Add to my bag. I've already picked up a set of Cobra FP irons as my new set, and a Nike Sq Dymo2 Str8-fit Driver. I hope to add a Titleist Scotty Cameron putter and some Cleveland or Titleist wedges to my bag.

In the bag:

Driver- SQ Dymo2 Str8-fit 10.5 Regular Flex
3 wood- NDS
Irons- FP with an A3 Idea 8 ironWedge- 60* Lob wedgePutter- FX3 (but looking to add a Scotty Cameron sometime this season)

1 - Beat my uncle. Shot a 78 last year against him but he got me by one at the end.
2 - Play from the blues all year. Got down to the high 70's low 80's consistetly last year from the whites because everyone I play with plays from the whites, but now I want to step it up to the blues.
3 - Get rid of my left to right. I know I come down very steep on the ball and cut it outside-in pretty bad when I get tired. I'm trying to flatten it out and so far it's working well.
4 - Take a lesson. I haven't taken a lesson since I was a teenager and a good brush up with a pro that I've heard great things about is something I want to do this year. Also helps that the inlaws got me a gift certificate to the course that I can put towards the lesson.

1) Break 85 this year. My closest this year was a 90.
2) Correct my left slice. Been doing pretty good at that.
3) Break 200+ yards. Highest so far was 174 yards on a simulator.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

After a couple year break from playing I am just getting back into golf this year.

Goals:
1. Straighten out my drives. I'll only hit about a handful of fairways a round due to my wicked slice. I've improved it a bit already but I've still got plenty of room for improvement.
2. Work on my chipping around the greens. I've pretty much figured this out in my last round. After golfing with a couple friends a few weekends ago they gave me some pointers as I was terrible around the greens. Last time out I was putting the ball within 10-15' of the cup every time which is incredible for me. Usually I'd just knock it over the green. :)
3. Eliminate 3-putts+. I've improved my putting quite a bit so far this year as I only 3 putted twice my last round. My first few rounds I probably only less than 3-putted twice a round.
4. Consistently break 90.

Syncro bag
Superfast Burner 9.5° S driver
G5 4-PW irons
Burner '08 22° 4h
53° wedge 56° wedge iN Li'l Wack-E putter PD Long ballSlowly working on upgrading my old bargain bin clubs.

• Get serious at improving my game. I've been playing for about 10 years and broke 90 only once or twice.
  • Straighten drive
  • Play at least 25 rounds
  • Organize a golf trip with buddies
  • Take lessons with a pro
  • Try out new courses

- Break 90 consistently
- Achieve the above by learning to chip and having more 1 putts
- Eliminate my over swing for more consistent iron play

I should have posted to this thread earlier in year, as I've had goals that I've been working on all year, but never got around to listing them. Here goes!

• Establish at least a +2.0 handicap index. I started 2010 as a 2.2 index.
  • Practice and play more often. My goal is at least 27 holes of golf per week and at least 3 days committed to practice only.
  • Improve short game. To me, a no brainer. If I'm going to compete on the level that I want to compete, I need to be a great putter and I need to be able to get it up and down from anywhere.
  • Don't get in my own way. My mental game needs work. I'm making a conscious effort to commit to every shot and forget about both past swings and future swings. I really want to get better at just playing, and forgetting about score.
  • Shoot in the 60's by the U.S. Open. This is inevitable if I am going to get to a +2. I've just never done it, so it's a goal. And I just think it's fun to give myself a deadline.
  • Make fitness a regular part of my schedule/practice regimen. Fitness is important in taking my game to the next level. I've been doing golf specific workouts 4 times a week and general cardio work 1-2 times a week since December.
  • Build my "team." I will find at least one PGA teaching professional that will help me keep an eye on my swing, but more importantly to shave strokes off my short game. I have my equipment down (finally!) so I have that part of my team assembled. I'd like to also find someone to supervise my fitness routine, possibly chat with a nutritionist, and look into a sports psychologist.
  • Win at least 1 tournament. Amateur, pro, whatever. Coming close is also a goal. If I can get at least 2 top-5 finishes in addition to a V, I'll be very happy with my season.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

- get handicap down to a single digit
- break 80 more consistently
- improve short game
- sand play
- more one putts and feeling safe to two putt from anywhere

Waiting for summer...

-Lower game to upper 70 on my local par 4 course
-Go to the driving range more to get to about 260 yards (im only 14)
- Tryout and hopefully make my highschool golf team next year!

Note: This thread is 4889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!