IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

looking to shoot in the 80s and hopefully make it a habit. scared 89 a couple times but haven't quite made the breakthrough yet.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main goal is to shoot in the mid to high 80s. Never have hit the 80s since playing. gotten close a few times but working harder this year more than ever.

Main goal this year is to get my handicap back down to 13.x as it was just a couple of years ago. I just need to practice more and especially keep focus on the course. My scores these days usually include a lot of pars, maybe a birdie or even two, but also a couple of train wrecks. Need to commit to every shot. So it is 1. practice more (especially putting and short game), 2. practice the mental game and take practice serious.

Butch

• 2 weeks later...
I got new clubs last week and feel like my ability level should get me at a point where I could shoot 3 or more rounds in a row under 85 on a couple of my favorite par 72 courses.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

My Goals for 2010:

1. Get my handicap from 9 to 7.
2. Upgrade my irons.
3. Get my greens in regulation up.
4. Get myself to have a lesson :)

What's in my bag:

R7 TP Driver 8.5 degree
5 wood
ZB Forged Irons (3 - PW) Vokey Milled Chromed SW Putter

I started golfing last August, first time ever...shot between 100 and 110 for most rounds, a few outliers. This winter i have been taking lessons, i hope i be a 90's shooter this season. Feeling much more comfortable with my swing, can't wait for this season. Signed up for a season pass as a local course 30 seconds from my house, going to get ALOT of golf in this year!

So i have played 27 rounds so far this year and have shot as low as 92 3 times in the past month. I have brought my handicap from 35.6 to 24.7 this season so i think i need a new goal. I want to go for a few rounds in the upper 80;s! Here i come...

Rapture Driver (12 degrees)
Rapture V2 4 Wood (17.5 degrees)
Rapture Hybrid (21 Degrees)
X-24 Hot Irons (4 through PW)
CG15 Wedges, 48, 52 and 58 degrees Method Putter #1 HX Hot Plus Golf Balls

My biggest goal is to get the HDCP down to a single digit.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

My biggest one was to score a round in the 70s this year and I made it this past Saturday. I was at 1 over through 14 holes and I realized to heck with 70s I want to shoot par. Started thinking about it too much (I'd fought it off the entire back nine until then) and lost 3 more shots to par. Finished with a 75 and my previous low had been 81. Very happy.

im new to golf as of april. (except driving ranges when i was younger). first of all i wana get some lessons before too many bad habits develop. also want to consistently be under 95 and would like to break 90 at least once. already broke another goal of getting a birdie before i got on this site and have gotten one each of my last three times out the last two weeks.

- get a real handicap
- stop stressing out about golf before my rounds
- shoot in the 70's more often

Whats in my bag?

r7 irons
r7 driver - 10.5
22 degree hybrid rescue Vokey 60 degree wedge 56 degree sand wedgeBalls are Penta's and some crappy old knockoff putter no one has heard of.

My first post. My official goals for this year r just to simply play more of the game I love.

Hit the Big Dogg

In the bag
Burner TP Tour 9.5 Driver
3w-P Rac 56* Olivia PutterOne or ProV1 Ball

So my goal for the summer/2010 was to break 80. Not only have I done that multiple times (including 1 in tournament play), today I shot 71 which is 1 under par. I love this game!
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

My goal is to finally break into the 80's consistently. I've averaged playing a handful of times a year in years past but I'm buckling down this year. Going to play more and I've been out 7 or 8 times already which is good for me. Hoping to be out another dozen times before it gets too cold here. I also upgraded my gear for the first time in 10 years to help get me in the 80's hopefully. Just picked up 2009 TM Burner irons, getting a Nike Dymo2 driver, and just got some sweet Dryjoys. Ahh man they feel great. Haven't had some new stuff in a looong time!

: Grom Hoth Camo
Dymo2 9.5° Driver
3 Wood
SQ 3h Hybrid
SQ Sumo Irons 60° Wedge

I was in a really bad accident last June. Our deck collapsed and I shattered my right leg. My goal is to be able to walk a full round this year. Big goal, but I will do MT best to fulfill it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

I would like to play consistently under 100.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!