IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas

Note: This thread is 3951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goals are

1. keeping putting total for a round less than 36
2. shots inside 100, tighter to the hole
3. chip in a shot
4. make more putts from 6-9 foot

My primary goal is to get under 20 in handicap, shouldn't be too hard, even though the season here in Sweden ends in early september.

Other goals is to get a LOT better att putting and chipping.. Right now the chipping is worthless.

1. Putting practice.
2. Break 80!!
- I know it ain't gonna happen any time soon, but if I dedicate myself enough, hopefully by sometime next year.
- Mom always told me to aim high! lol.

Dan

1) Break 90.
2) Drive straighter consistently.
3) Become comfortable with my irons so that I don't chunk an iron shot almost every hole.
4) Along the lines of 3 and 4, develop a consistent swing that I can groove.
5) Play a full 18 holes with the same ball from start to finish. (As far as I can remember, never done it.)

I've only been playing for about 10 months so I've got a long way to go.

1. Play at least 18 holes a month and practice at least 2 hours a week.
2. Break 100 consistently
3. Break 90 at least once
4. Improve on driving accuracy
5. Get my putting average to 2.0

Break par on 9. Then on 18. (Even and 75 is my best so far. I'll get it.)
Learn to hit a wood from the tee again. Havent had to for a while but it's been keeping me from really shooting low scores. (Bought a Nike 3-wood. It can be a consitant 300yd club)
Swing easier (can't get it through my head)
Always hit balls before playing. Hitting 50 balls before I play is the difference between an 84 and a 74.

So i have played 27 rounds so far this year and have shot as low as 92 3 times in the past month. I have brought my handicap from 35.6 to 24.7 this season so i think i need a new goal. I want to go for a few rounds in the upper 80;s! Here i come...

handicap down to 21.4 &.............shot an 89 today, had to hit a 12 foot put on 18th hole, but i hit it!

So i have played 27 rounds so far this year and have shot as low as 92 3 times in the past month. I have brought my handicap from 35.6 to 24.7 this season so i think i need a new goal. I want to go for a few rounds in the upper 80;s! Here i come...

Just eclipsed 45 rounds played this year and have broken 90 three times, with my personal best coming yesterday when i shot an 87! It wasn't an exciting round though as im changing my swing plane and need to use my 5/6 iron off the tee for consitency for the time being. My problems off the tee continue as well as some ball striking but i was getting up and down yesterday like it was my job. I think my new goal is going to be much more specific and thats to start hitting more fairways and using longer clubs so that i can hit more GIR. My 87 yesterday i hit 2 GIR's

My goals:

practice short game and putting
reduce/eliminate penalty strokes
eliminate 3 putts and reduce 2 putts
consistently hit fairway off tee box
increase GIR
consistent ball striking

if i can accomplish all those goals that should eliminate my implosion holes where i get 6,7 and 8's that drive my score up

Note: This thread is 3951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.