IGNORED

A Beer related thread.

lcfd42
Note: This thread is 5234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Living in Europe, I'm currently loving

The Belgium beers are a work of art. The Leffe is a nice east gateway brew. If you have the chance get some of the true Trappist beers that are only available in Belgium is you can! They are something else!

Oscar Blues makes one of my favorite Pale Ales.

The Oskar Blues brewery makes some awesome brews, plus they are in cans! I you like thick complex brews try the Ten Fidy Imperial Stout. Simply a fantastic brew, just don't operate any heavy machinery after

I too love beer, I think Im getting hooked on Oberon Ale from Bell's Brewery in Michigan.... Its a wheat beer but doesnt have that over the top coriander taste, just very subtle and smooth. I have had some of the Odell stuff too last time I was in Co.

Whats up with Rogue by the way? 14 bucks for a sixer of Mocha Porter? I bought it to try, and it wasnt all that great, def not 14 bucks worth.

I try to keep some "regular" beers around all the time too, mostly leinenkugels stuff, and surprisingly some of the more "exotic" brews by Michelob are pretty good too, I do like their porter.

I just wish I could get more of that West coast stuff down here in Florida, but its pretty much non existent.

Some Stone Porter would be nice right now!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I'm a beer guy too. Favourites micro breweries are Dogfish Head (from Delaware) and Southern Tier (New York state).

I

Rogue is fantastic! The Dead Guy Ale is a great session beer!

I'd say $14 isn't unreasonable for a good six pack. I usually pay around $11 for a 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90min IPA. I got their 120min IPA four pack from the brewery for $30. You can buy a world class beer for $11 whereas in the wine department that would barely get you off the bottom shelf!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Rogue is fantastic! The Dead Guy Ale is a great session beer!

I do love some Dead Guy Ale.

That said, the 90 minute IPA is just wonderful....Yet the 60 and 120 are totally unenjoyable for me

Currently I have a serious soft spot for the Japanese beers Kirin Ichiban and Asahi.

Spent 5 weeks in Japan for work several years ago. I've always liked Sapporro and Asahi but we seemed to drink more Kirin while there. It is what our hosts mainly drank. Lately, I have been enjoying more BL Golden Wheat. A couple of these is a good start to any ballgame.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

im a beer man... anything other than beer is for special occasions... but beer is something i can wind down with... yeungling is my stock beer right now
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I brewed my own beer until marriage and kids (no time or space for it anymore).

I really like Belgian Ale and British Bitter.
The most widely available representatives would be Duvel and Fuller's ESB respectively.

To fill the fridge for parties/guests, I try to stay local with Lone Star, Saint Arnold, or Shiner

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'm a beer guy too. Favourites micro breweries are Dogfish Head (from Delaware) and Southern Tier (New York state).

Agree, DFH has been a favorite for years!

Souther Tier has been doing some crazy stuff with the Imperial and Blackwater lines, though those beers probably will not be for everyone.
I'd say $14 isn't unreasonable for a good six pack. I usually pay around $11 for a 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90min IPA.

I agree, when I come home from the beer store it is not out of the ordinary for me to get a nice 750 ML specialty beer and pay $10 - 20 for it.

You can buy a world class beer for $11 whereas in the wine department that would barely get you off the bottom shelf!

This is exactly it, though beer prices have gone up you can't beat what you get for the money!

The Belgium beers are a work of art. The Leffe is a nice east gateway brew. If you have the chance get some of the true Trappist beers that are only available in Belgium is you can! They are something else!

Ahhhh, memories of spending a sunny afternoon sitting at an outside restaurant table sipping Trappist beer in the old square in Brussels, people watching.

But don't forget the stronger English brews such as Old Peculiar - a potent, dark, sweet Yorkshire brew. Don't even think about driving after drinking a pint of that stuff ...

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Speaking of English beer, I do love some Tetleys every now and again!

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I tend to drink mostly Sam Adams because it's available and decent. I particularly like their Winter Lager... Fat Tire is another good one. Not generally a fan of ultra hoppiness, though.

I used to love John Harvard's in Cambridge MA (across the street from Harvard)... probably still would, but I don't live there any more. They make a really nice Kölsch style beer that I fell in love with. Sadly, they didn't always have it available... Cambridge Brewing Company was also good, especially the red.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I tend to drink mostly Sam Adams because it's available and decent. Fat Tire is another good one.

Those are two of my standby beers as well that are usually always available in the garage fridge. I also usually have some Boulevard and Leinenkugel on hand as well. The wife is fan of Boulevard Wheat and Leine's Honey Weiss. I really like Boulevard's Nutcracker and Bully Porter. Leine's Red and Creamy Dark are my preferred flavors in their lines.

I love trying new beers, which is sometimes a bit hard up here in the middle of nowhere. Lately, I've been getting into pale ales and IPA's. Big Sky Brewing out of Montana has a good pale ale (Scapegoat) and a seriously hopped up IPA. There used to be an independent brewery here in Sioux Falls that had some good beer, but it has been closed for some time now. It had a hemp ale that was really good. The only other brewery we have is a chain (Granite City) that has ok beer.
IN MY BAG:
Driver - FT-5 9* Aldila MOI Proto S-flex
3W - 200 Steel Fujikura Speeder 757 S-flex
Hybrid - 22* Burner Rescue Aldila NV Hybrid S-flex
Irons - 4-PW 755 TriSpec S-flexWedges - X-Tour Vintage SW 588 gunmetal LWPutter - Natalie 34"Ball - TP Red

Souther Tier has been doing some crazy stuff with the Imperial and Blackwater lines, though those beers probably will not be for everyone.

I was thinking of the Blackwater line in particular...

The Creme Brulee Stout is pretty stunning, though rather heavy going, wish it was in something smaller than a 750ml bottle! I've been really annoyed because we've not been able to get Choklat here this year (in VA). I think the distributor has screwed it up this time around as it has not been available anywhere..

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Their classic pale ale is great. Any particular reason you're staying away from the wheat?

Sorry so long to reply: The wheat is just too sweet for me. I prefer a combination of hops and malt. That's why I like the Boulder varieties. I think they get the combination just right.

In my RJ bag:

Burner '07 10.5*
Burner '07 3 wood
R7 CGB Max 5 wood Fybrid 19.5* Raylor 22* hybrid Di7 5i-gw FX 55* wedge Tiffany 35" h/s putter

Either Asahi or Molson XXX.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

If Sam Adams wasn't such a weight-gainer I would drink it for every meal.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Note: This thread is 5234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!