IGNORED

Hank Haney at Golfsmith

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to see Hank Haney at the new Golfsmith in Irvine yesterday, hoping of course to be the winner of the private lesson with him and didn't. What I'd like to say about the experience is that not only was he brilliant in the seminars he gave us (a world of knowledge given out freely) but in my brief opportunity to speak to him at his autograph session I was pleased to see a genuinely pleasent and friendly fellow. It's not often you have the opportunity to meet these guys but it's even less frequent that you meet one that you'd feel comfortable having a beer with. Very nice and humble guy.

I had heard that Chicken soup thing as well. Of course I was only able to speak to him briefly but he did seem to be a genuinely sweet soul. What can I say?

Danny,
You should have stopped by. Glad to see I have a neighbor on here.

I had the exact same feeling honestly. Seemed like a cool cat. I looked at my girlfriend and said, "hey honey... that's probably the richest person we'll ever meet in our lifetime. Enjoy!"

other than a chance encounter at a golf tourny with Tiger it's probably true.

I have no reason to believe he is anything but a nice guy, but who wouldn't be nice and pleasant when invited to a golf seminar to give autographs and speak to the public?
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was there as well he was so nice. I took video of it and posted on my site. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and was very pleasant to speak with. You can find the first video I posted today about it at [url]www.thegolfstudent.com

That's awesome. He'd probably be the guy I'd get a lesson from, if I had $500. Butch Harmon would be a very close 2nd.

Or Dave Stockton.Phil won the Tour championship

10 days after getting his first lessons from Stockton.That's what you call coaching.

Or Dave Stockton.Phil won the Tour championship

I think Stockton's strictly a putting coach. And honestly I read and re-read his article in the new Golf Magazine, and endlessly tried his way of putting, but I don't like it. So definitely not Stockton.

I think Stockton's strictly a putting coach. And honestly I read and re-read his article in the new Golf Magazine, and endlessly tried his way of putting, but I don't like it. So definitely not Stockton.

He's a general short game coach.But that's where the scoring happens.You know what they say about Driving being for show.. But yeah, the putting style is kind of awkward.You'd have to invest a lot of time in it before you'd be comfortable with it.

He's a general short game coach.But that's where the scoring happens.You know what they say about Driving being for show.. But yeah, the putting style is kind of awkward.You'd have to invest a lot of time in it before you'd be comfortable with it.

The short game is my best part of my game. That's why I would want an actual swing coach. Like Haney & Harmon.

I posted a couple of new videos on my site. All of them were taken at the Golfsmith event. I have about 6 more to put up. He is so concise about what he wants to inform you of and makes it sound so easy. I thought he was especially nice to take the questions and to answer them in such a pleasant manner. After the seminars he gave autographs and made sure to say hello to everyone who attended. Such a cool guy!

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!