IGNORED

Fowler or Mcilroy

RIduffer
Note: This thread is 5079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who will win first on the PGA tour in 2010?

• Rory Mcilroy
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Neither will win a PGA event in 2010

I'd say Mcilroy is the favorite because he's already won on the European tour. But I wouldn't be surprised if they both won this year.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Fowler, because he's actually come closer in a limited amount of time. In his 2nd event (of 3) as a pro on the PGA tour, he finished tied for first, but lost in a playoff.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Fowler, because he's actually come closer in a limited amount of time. In his 2nd event (of 3) as a pro on the PGA tour, he finished tied for first, but lost in a playoff.

Make sure you vote. This is a poll.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

I voted for Rory. He seemed mature beyond his years this season, and I think he's a legitimate Pro that has the tools to win now. I think between him and Fowler he will be the first, even if it's not this year.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I voted for Mcilroy. I think he is a much better player.

I agree. Much more consistent game, much nicer swing.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I like them both, but I think it would be Rory. He has much more experience.

I think Ricky should have finished college. That's the dad in me.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I voted Rory only because he has already experienced a lot of the does and don'ts of scheduling a season of professional tournaments. I fully expect both of them to win this coming year and look forward to rooting for both.
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

This is a good question. I predicted Rory, but he's only going to play in 15 or so events next year, and they'll probably all have strong fields. Fowler is more likely to play in the tournaments post Fed Ex Cup where he'll have a good chance of winning.

Rory has more talent and a better swing so the edge goes to Rory. Wouldn't surprise me if they both won in 2010.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Fancy Rory to have a good showing on the tour this year, especially in Tiger's absence.He's not guaranteed a win but he'll definitely go close a few times.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

This is a good question. I predicted Rory, but he's only going to play in 15 or so events next year, and they'll probably all have strong fields. Fowler is more likely to play in the tournaments post Fed Ex Cup where he'll have a good chance of winning.

Exactly why I voted for Fowler.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Rory, and as mentioned before, the experience of winning across the pond before holds merit. I like his game. Fowler certainly has a bright and successful future.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Rory He has finished top 10 in majors. with him finishing T3 in the pga championship. fowler didnt even get a top 10 at q school
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I'd say McIlroy seems to be staged as the next big thing with the game to back it up (obviously). He has played in higher profile tournaments and done well. Fowler is new on the scene with a truckload of talent. Looking forward to watching both of them. I voted McIlroy gets the first PGA win.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I voted for Rory because his swing looks near perfect. However; Fowler is fascinating; supposedly he is a total feel player (self-taught?).... and he seems to have a lot of game; maybe the next Trevino or Like Furyk/Z. Johnson - not the pretty swing, but can Play the Game and Win. On the other hand Rory could be the next Adam Scott... Great Swing, doesn't win much. (or not)... I really think Rory might be the next Big Thing but the game is Golf; Not Golf Swing. It will be interesting to see how they develop

Snowman0157

I voted for Rory because his swing looks near perfect. However; Fowler is fascinating; supposedly he is a total feel player (self-taught?).... and he seems to have a lot of game; maybe the next Trevino or Like Furyk/Z. Johnson - not the pretty swing, but can Play the Game and Win. On the other hand Rory could be the next Adam Scott... Great Swing, doesn't win much. (or not)... I really think Rory might be the next Big Thing but the game is Golf; Not Golf Swing. It will be interesting to see how they develop

From what I've heard, Fowler took lessons at a driving range growing up, but does not currently have a swing coach. And he doesn't do any video analysis either.

Rory sounds like a feel player too. He says he works on fundamentals with his coach, but doesn't think about mechanics at all on the golf course. Conclusion? Grip it and rip it as long as you have boatloads of talent! I wonder if this approach will give them an advantage in the future. Could help being more focused on winning, rather than constantly tinkering with the swing.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

I voted Rory mainly because he was someone Ive been keeping an eye on before ricky came out. Now that they are both playing pga events this year that will be the true answer. Not to mention I walked about 7-8 holes with fowler at the childrens miracle network classic and this kid has more touch with his short game than most, deff gonna be hard to beat.
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

I've voted Rory but I think it might depend on his schedule. He's definitely the real deal (imho), as he ahs shown on the European Tour and in the Majors this year. He only just lost out on winning the European Order of Merit to Lee Westwood in the very last tournament - and Lee has been having a pretty stellar year.
All that said, if he has a weakness in his game then it's his putting - and the PGA greens require a certain delicacy of touch! But, then again, they are generally truer and more consistent than European Tour greens.
It will be interesting - and there are plenty of people this side of the Pond who think he should have stayed full time on the European Tour for another year. It may beef him up it may give him a lot to think about. However, he won't be short of pals around the place - he gets on well with Poulter, Westwood, Ross Fisher (who'll be spending more time in the US as well, I believe), Paul Casey and is on nodding terms (at least) with Luke Donald. So he could maintain the cameraderie that's so much part of Europe and so important when you're a long way from home.

Note: This thread is 5079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!