IGNORED

Mizuno Vs Srixon

Note: This thread is 3733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone just wondering what everyone thought what a better company. Since they are both Japanese companies with forged irons could you give your input on which is better in terms irons, woods,, etc..

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

I would give Mizuno the nod on just about everything over Srixon as far as clubs go.

But Srixon does make great balls.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I would give Mizuno the nod on just about everything over Srixon as far as clubs go.

Why would you say that? I assume you have hit both brands and have formulated your own opinion based on your own criteria, correct? Seems like Mizuno would be the popular choice because very few people play Srixon equipment. The I701's are some of the sweetest irons I have ever hit (and I have pretty much hit them all). Too bad the masses can't get past the stigma that is attached to many of the "off" brands because there is some wonderful equipment out there that can be had for very little cost.

I can only compare the I701 Tour irons though as I have not hit any other Srixon irons. I played a round with our pro's 701's with X100 shafts. Like I said, they are fantastic clubs that perform well in every category. As well as Mizuno's? Yes, even better for me. The new Z-TX's look awesome, can't wait to get my hands on them. Can't speak on either companies woods.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

yes and i think you dont lose distance with srixons forged irons like you do with mizunos

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Why would you say that? I assume you have hit both brands and have formulated your own opinion based on your own criteria, correct? Seems like Mizuno would be the popular choice because very few people play Srixon equipment. The I701's are some of the sweetest irons I have ever hit (and I have pretty much hit them all). Too bad the masses can't get past the stigma that is attached to many of the "off" brands because there is some wonderful equipment out there that can be had for very little cost.

Correct. I tried both brands at a local Foxy Golf store about a week ago since I'm looking for a new set of irons for next season.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I love both brands. Actually I don't think I will ever be playing with any irons in the future except for my beloved 3 brands: Mizuno, Srixon and Bridgestone. Yes, they two things in common: Japan and forged.

Not to diss any other brands, but I just love these guys.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Correct. I tried both brands at a local Foxy Golf store about a week ago since I'm looking for a new set of irons for next season.

You said:

Which would leave me to believe that you have experience with the two companies woods as well as with their irons. So what about the woods?

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

You said:Which would leave me to believe that you have experience with the two companies woods as well as with their irons. So what about the woods?

I only tested the Mizuno woods...

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

yes and i think you dont lose distance with srixons forged irons like you do with mizunos

It's not so much that you're losing distance with Mizuno, so much as that Srixon has stronger lofts in comparable irons.

To answer the original question, I wasn't able to compare them - I didn't even see a Srixon iron I could swing (literally; no demo days, no clubs in stock) until after I had purchased my current set.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played the Mizuno's

Comp Ez
Mp 30s
Mp 33s

and simply love them, unfortunately I have not tried the Srixon irons to compare them.

Mizuno video

Srixon golf

http://www.srixon.com/club_overview.html

Mizuno
http://www.mizunousa.com/golf

In summary you have more selection and history with Mizuno in my opinion.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Srixon is one of the better golf companies - (Yes, up there with TM, Titleist, Cleveland.....) You just dont hear about them alot. there balls and clubs are very good.

Srixon >slightly> Mizuno

Driver:Taylormade Burner 10.5 with Aldila NV 65S
FW Wood: Nike Dymo 3 Wood with Aldila VooDoo
Hybrids: Adams Idea A7 3 Hybrid
Irons: Ping i15 4-P
Wedge: Cleveland CG15 52.10 and Titleist Vokey 58.12Putter: Bettinardi BC3Ball: Callaway Tour i(z) and Titleist Pro V1x

• 4 months later...
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wanted to weigh in on Srixon irons. I was able to pick up a used set of Srixon i-302 irons with Rifle FCM 5.0 the other day for $90, on a whim. Frankly, after a few days on the range with them, I am stunned at how good they are. Most of the pub I could find on them was generally positive, but it's a whole different thing to actually hit them. To me, they are very much in line, if not better, than the Mizuno irons I've hit like the MP-62 (which I dearly love). Very soft feel, with that trademark forged "swoosh" sound when hit flush. I almost feel guilty for getting them so cheap now.

I was playing Nicklaus N-1 "The Bear" irons, and these seem to have a touch less distance. I can also see the cavity in the 3-iron at address but I'll get over it. These clubs are marvelous.

Driver: 975D 10.5* UST ProForce 75 Gold S
3W: 906F2 15* S300 shaft
Irons: i-302 3-PW
Putter: Dual Force 990

To me the Mizzies don't have a lot of feel.

wow. to each his own i guess. most of the people who have hit mizunos here would argue they have the most feel .

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

Srixon is one of the better golf companies - (Yes, up there with TM, Titleist, Cleveland.....) You just dont hear about them alot. there balls and clubs are very good.

Give is a break!!

You don't hear about them very much? Robert Allenby Tim Clark Jim Furyk for starters. Hardly minor players, especially this year.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I just got a hold of Mizuno's mx-25...best set of irons I have hit with...
i find i dont hafta over swing and i get enough distance...
If you guys say srixon is as good or better, maybe i need to try them out hehe

I just got a hold of Mizuno's mx-25...best set of irons I have hit with...

Good luck finding them in Edmonton. Srixon doesn't have as many iron lines (choices) in general, and they're not overly popular in Alberta . . . yet.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'd say of the two brands, Srixon is a touch ahead.

Srixon takes the woods category. Srixon's Cleveland brand makes very good woods, notably the HiBore and Launcher. Mizuno's woods (including their titanium fairways) are more expensive, are not nearly as well regarded.

Neither brand is known for their hybrids, but a slight edge goes to Mizuno for its Fli-Hi hybrid irons, which are very nice.

Irons is a wash. Both brands make fantastic forged irons. Mizuno has a slight edge in variety, but both brands make forged game improvement, players, and blade type irons, although Srixon's blades are very rare.

Wedges goes to Srixon, their Cleveland brand's 588 and CG-12 are among the most popular wedges ever made. Mizuno's wedges are good, but not as highly regarded as Cleveland's wedges.

Putters are more or less evenly split, with Srixon's Cleveland and Never Compromise line both producing great putters, and Mizuno's Bettinardi producing equally fine putters.

Balls goes to Srixon, as Mizuno doesn't make them. Even considering that, Srixon balls are second to none.

Note: This thread is 3733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!