IGNORED

vBulletin 4.0 Installed

iacas
Note: This thread is 5179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just noticed the Handicap Index's aren't shown in posts...hopefully that will be back.

I enjoy seeing the Index of the poster.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that request, HI is something I like to take note of when reading posts...

Just noticed the Handicap Index's aren't shown in posts...hopefully that will be back.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

• Administrator
yeah that's what I meant.

Glad you found it.

there are plenty of computer ppl in here... maybe one of the design guys can come up with a skin for free?

Like many things in life, that's likely best left to the pros.

That'll come back, as will the online scorecards. I'm just making sure all the settings are right before I hack up the skin too much. And even then, I'm not jumping at the chance to do it because any new skins I install will need the same "hacks."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
  • Things I've added back:
  • Online scorecards
  • Righty or Lefty
  • Handicap index
  • Rep power hidden (since rep is limited to +/- 2)
  • More space between signature and the line
  • Left aligned the avatars
  • Got rid of the "promote to article" link, which I don't think we plan to use. Ever.

Fairly content with that list. Probably just about done for the day.

It'll be a few months before any new (and good) skins appear. This skin's fine - I think most of you are freaked out because it's different.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When I first saw it this morning, thought I was on the wrong website, but I like the look.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I'm not a huge fan of the looks. So I'm eagerly awaiting new design options. I'm patient though. Haven't looked around to check out the new stuff, but you've described some neat things. At first I didn't like the disappearance of the "Quick Reply" button. Until I realized that the "Reply to Thread" button does the same thing now.

What do you call the "quote" when you scrollover the poster's personalized title. The little green box. They're pretty funny! I am "a splendid one to behold". Hilarious!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I'm not a huge fan of the looks.

Me either, as I've said.

Not a ton of options out there yet. Designers weren't given a lot of heads-up time prior to its release.
Haven't looked around to check out the new stuff, but you've described some neat things.

Ben, you may want to check out the blog options that are available to you now.

At first I didn't like the disappearance of the "Quick Reply" button. Until I realized that the "Reply to Thread" button does the same thing now.

Yep. Even the "Reply" and "Reply with Quote" buttons do it too. Everything does "Quick Reply" basically unless you hit "Go Advanced" or whatever.

What do you call the "quote" when you scrollover the poster's personalized title. The little green box. They're pretty funny! I am "a splendid one to behold". Hilarious!

It's just a text-based way of describing your user reputation level.

-10 - User is infamous around these parts -5 - User can only hope to improve 0 - User has a little shameless behaviour in the past 5 - User is an unknown quantity at this point 10 - User is on a distinguished road 11 - User will become famous soon enough 15 - User has a spectacular aura about 20 - User is a jewel in the rough 25 - User is just really nice 30 - User is a glorious beacon of light 35 - User is a name known to all 50 - User is a splendid one to behold 75 - User has much to be proud of 100 - User has a brilliant future 150 - User has a reputation beyond repute

Ben, you may want to check out the blog options that are available to you now.

Yeah, I saw that metntioned. I don't know about blogging. Personally, it just seems a tad on the narcissistic side. An occasional post or thread giving advice or details on a fun day in a forum is something I can handle. But posting updates all the time, just seems a bit too much for me. Although, my upcoming adventure does lend itself to that type of updated info.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Although, my upcoming adventure does lend itself to that type of updated info.

That's why I mentioned it. Plus, I don't encourage people to post about themselves...

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...lished-Members .

Just wondering...

It is for now. iacas is tweaking a couple things to make life easier. He installed the new vBulletin 4.0. It's going to stay like this until a new vBulletin comes out or he just doesn't like this anymore ;)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Just wondering...

I'm not really comfortable with it yet, but I never understood why there was so much extra space per post (do we really need to see what everyone has in the bag on every post - really? - your 2 word post takes up 1/2 a page on my monitor) and why there are only 10 posts per page. Then again, what do I know about setting up a forum. Nothing, that's what.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm not really comfortable with it yet, but I never understood why there was so much extra space per post (do we really need to see what everyone has in the bag on every post - really? - your 2 word post takes up 1/2 a page on my monitor) and why there are only 10 posts per page. Then again, what do I know about setting up a forum. Nothing, that's what.

You do realize you can hide signatures and you can change how many posts you view per page in your settings, right?

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Actually I did the hide sigs thing but they came back a couple times. Speaking of sticky.

I'll check out the posts per page setting.

EDIT: Fixed - thanks dude!! I told you I didn't know jack sh** about forums!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Turning off signatures makes the forum much easier to read. I don't like big lines and buttons all over the place. I visit a thread to read the content, I can do so best when I'm not distracted by other things.

I suggest the Re: -text is minimalized. There is no reason we should be bothered by that text in every single post. Bold is it too.

With that text smaller and signatures turned off, the skin works fairly well. I'd like to have the color on the top of each post to be a brighter color too. Dark and powerful colors should be on small lines, buttons and such.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
Just wondering...

You didn't have to wonder. An entire thread existed which answered this sort of thing for you.

It is for now. iacas is tweaking a couple things to make life easier. He installed the new vBulletin 4.0. It's going to stay like this until a new vBulletin comes out or he just doesn't like this anymore ;)

I'm keeping this out of necessity until a new SKIN comes along. I'm up for making a few tweaks and changes to the existing skin, but nothing huge. If it's not done by the end of today, it'll probably stay this way until a new skin comes out.

Again, the old skin was developed by a guy who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. So that doesn't bode well. I'm going to try to re-integrate the paging keys thing as well.

I'm keeping this out of necessity until a new SKIN comes along. I'm up for making a few tweaks and changes to the existing skin, but nothing huge. If it's not done by the end of today, it'll probably stay this way until a new skin comes out.

Oh no, bad news. This skin is really hard to look at. The colors I suppose I could grow to handle, but the font size of the thread titles in each room really throws me off (and the size of the envelope icons). Is that something not too huge to change? *fingers crossed*

On second glance, maybe just the size of the envelopes is what can be changed for the better.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!