IGNORED

vBulletin 4.0 Installed

iacas
Note: This thread is 5179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
BTW, I may just wait for the same theme to be updated:
http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/showth...0534#post20534

It seems the guy responsible IS still around...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Why are their so many stickies in Golf Talk?

There are only four.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Since you redesigned the site, I notice on posts/replies there's lots of white space between the end of comments and the top of our Sig Line material. Anything us posters can do to "tighten up" the space?

|
|
|

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator
Since you redesigned the site, I notice on posts/replies there's lots of white space between the end of comments and the top of our Sig Line material. Anything us posters can do to "tighten up" the space?

The main site and vBulletin are completely different sections/designs/etc.

But yes, I can take a look at that. Oddly, this post doesn't have such a large blank area.

• Administrator
But yes, I can take a look at that. Oddly, this post doesn't have such a large blank area.

There, that helped quite a bit, right? The right side was wrapping because of the username and data on the left. I changed it so it doesn't have to clear that before it starts.

It's taking some getting used to. Don't like clicking Reply to thread and going straight to to Quick reply. Even hitting reply in a post you still have to click on advanced reply.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

The Reply to Thread button should be renamed Quick Reply and the Reply button should send you directly to Advanced Reply

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
It's taking some getting used to. Don't like clicking Reply to thread and going straight to to Quick reply. Even hitting reply in a post you still have to click on advanced reply.

Yeah, that's a bit goofy. Even multiquote leaves you on the same page. I'm not sure why they did that.

In unrelated news, the plugins are starting to come out now. Among the ones I plan to look into more are these: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230707 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231060 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232044 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=227910 http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228507 I tend to not like plugins simply because they exponentially increase the possibility that something will go haywire, but if the value is worth the risk I go for it. The "reputation" plugin we have now that limits reputation to +/- 2 still seems to work. The "Ignore Threads" plugin stopped working - hopefully that's updated soon. And that's all the plugins we had for years, those two...

My favorite HD forum is switching over today too. Probably within a couple months most will switch to the v4 format.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I thought the old look was outstanding, so simple and easy on the eyes. This design is okay, but too much going on.

If I were a first time visitor I wouldn't be turned off. But compared to what I remember and was accustomed to, it's a downgrade.

Reading the threads is not so bad, once they are opened up. The different color schemes work well together. But the old light blue with smaller fonts and simple design was massively superior when sampling page by page of the forums themselves. In the new look my senses are stunned by the large fruity envelopes on the left and all the competing font sizes and colors.

• Administrator
This design is okay, but too much going on.

You posted your comment in a thread about the main site -

http://thesandtrap.com/ - so you missed the parts that answer your question about the forum. Scroll back through _this_ thread and you'll find them. As soon as the old theme is available again I'll probably implement it. But it didn't make sense to hold back on installing vBulletin 4.x until that particular theme was updated. vB 4 offers more than the default skin takes away. It's a net positive.

• Administrator
vBulletin 4.0.1 was just installed. It has a fairly significant list of improvements .

You posted your comment in a thread about the main site -

Thanks. And sorry for posting in the wrong place. I hadn't been here for a while and when I was stunned by the new look I scrambled to find any thread that dealt with changes. I was surprised there were so few comments. That should have tipped me off it was the wrong destination.

I'm all for improved features, but a simple uncluttered design shouldn't be undervalued. Actually, I post on many sites, of various topics, and all of a sudden many of them have altered appearance. I'm not sure if it's related.

• Administrator
I'm all for improved features, but a simple uncluttered design shouldn't be undervalued.

They probably have. And I don't think this design is "cluttered." I think it's just as simple in the threads themselves. I rarely look at the actual forum pages (not the threads, the forum listings, whatever you'd call them), but when I do now they seem fine to me.

I'm not a fan of the icons either, but again, I rarely see them myself. I visit the "new posts" URL (which has them), then quickly press a keystroke that activates an AppleScript that opens up every new post in a new tab. Total time spent looking at the ugly icons is about a second.

• Administrator
is it just me or is view first unread not working?

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...w-Posts-Button

• Administrator

I spent five hours tonight updating all the old youtube tags to the new "video" tags.

Thank you to all who followed the directions. Your posts (about 1000) were updated with a simple PHP script that used a regular expression.

Four of the five hours was spent fixing the posts of people who didn't follow directions. Three of those hours were limited to hand-fixing almost 200 posts from two or three users in particular.

What's done is done, but please consider this when someone asks you to follow directions. As you can imagine it felt pretty crappy to have to clean up after the messes of some people. The directions for posting YouTube videos were clear and explained in several places throughout the forum. Your actions have effects on others.

But it's done. No more YouTube tags. Use the video tag. It's the video that looks like a little movie clip.

Note: This thread is 5179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!