IGNORED

Your favorite course in Orlando

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 4979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I realize it's too late to help the OP, but this may be of value to others searching.
On the north side of Orlando, the best value in my opinion, is Errol Estate in Apopka, and Magnolia Plantation is a great challenge for similar money, but if you aren't a good target golfer, you may spend some money on balls, as there is a lot of water!
If you are willing to spend a little more, Timacuan is usually in better shape.

I played Panther Lake at OCN yesterday and left feeling that it was over rated. I played Errol Estate in Apopka today, and had more fun, and spent less than half the money, although the course wasn't perfect and there weren't all of the amenities. Last week I played both Saddlebrook courses, and both World Woods Courses and would travel over that way, as opposed to playing OCN again. Or perhaps try one of the other courses discussed in this forum. I also enjoy Diamondback (in Destin if I recall) if you are considering down past Disney. Just my $.02

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

The one that many people kept bring to my attention while we were in Orlando was Champions Gate. Of course there are a slew of others. Guess I'll just have to keep going back till I get them all in!

Best course in the area, without any doubt in my mind, is Disney's Osprey Ridge. Tom Fazio design, TifEagle grass, awsome. You'd never know you were in Florida, it's hilly and forested, and there's tons of wildlife. It's slated for destruction, so play it while you can.

Edit: Oh, looks like you played it... Liked it?

Best course in the area, without any doubt in my mind, is Disney's Osprey Ridge. Tom Fazio design, TifEagle grass, awsome. You'd never know you were in Florida, it's hilly and forested, and there's tons of wildlife. It's slated for destruction, so play it while you can.

Disney is nice, but it's so damn Pricey, Even for locals! Not much of that grass left now after the freeze! Only the courses that overseeded heavily are green now, you can tell who cheaped out!!!

Greens were simply too slow. It was hard to make a putt. Like the course though. Fun layout, challenging. I didn't score well that day, shot 83. Left about four strokes out there just because I could get myself to hit the ball that hard and lost at least two strokes to grossly wayward shots.

• 2 weeks later...
So many of the courses mentioned above are actually quite pricey. Basically, every course within 20 minutes of Disney or Universal is overpriced. Very nice, but overpriced. I will only play them in the off season when you can find deals.

I share your desire to find reasonably priced courses in the Orlando area. Every year when we go on vaction to Disney, I go on a hunt to find the best courses for under $75 (or better yet, under $50). In the off season, I will not pay more then $50, period.

Some of the best moderately priced courses I have found (typically 1/2 - 45 min from Disney) are Highlands Ridge, Providence, and Bridgewater. The trip I am taking next weekm I am going to try Harmony and Sanctuary Ridge. If you are willing to drive an hour, I have heard great things about Deer Island, Victoria Hills, Black Bear, Eagle Dunes. I plan on trying these in the future.

A great place to find deals for FL golf is www.golfnow.com . If you sign up for their hot deals emails, you can find some great rates within a week of playing.

Add Zellwood Station to the list! From Disney, head up 429 take a left. It's on the right. Under 30.00 and the greens are in good shape. There is some character there.

In the bag:
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

• 3 months later...
So, Palm, Magnolia, Osprey. Actually, the best course at Disney is Fantasia Fairways. It's the longest, and most difficult mini golf course in the world. My personal best is +1, but I missed a putt for even par by 6". I'm going to break par if it kills me!

So, Palm, Magnolia, Osprey. Actually, the best course at Disney is Fantasia Fairways. It's the longest, and most difficult mini golf course in the world. My personal best is +1, but I missed a putt for even par by 6". I'm going to break par if it kills me!

I prefer the courses I can afford to play a bit more due to the prices being a lot more reasonable, conditions pretty damn good too!

I've always liked Falcon's Fire. It can get expensive, but they are also on GolfNow and other sites, so it's possible to find a deal. I hear Celebration is good, too, but I haven't been there yet.
In my stand bag:
Burner 09 10.5 Regular SQ Dymo 15* 3 wood A4 18* Stiff
Fli-Hi 3 & 4 hybrids; MX-20 4-PW Stiff Black Nickel 50*, Spin Milled 58* White Hot 2-Ball Belly
TP Black SG4

I played Celebration on my last trip to Orlando and it was a nice course-well maintained, good pace of play

In my Bag

4LM 12 Degree

AP1 5-G Rosa putter

I've heard about a place called Remington something, or something like that. Apparently, it's like $30 for 18 holes, plus lunch. It's a special Florida resident deal, but I've had trouble finding more about it. A friend of mine has done it, and said it was great, average course, but a great deal. Anyone confirm this?

I've heard about a place called Remington something, or something like that. Apparently, it's like $30 for 18 holes, plus lunch. It's a special Florida resident deal, but I've had trouble finding more about it. A friend of mine has done it, and said it was great, average course, but a great deal. Anyone confirm this?

The Remington Golf site currentlyhas a morningspecial of 9 holes, with cart and breakfast for $25. here is the link.

http://www.playgolfinkissimmee.com/g..._remington.htm Youshould check golfnow, golf hub and the otehr tee time websites to see what discounts are available for 18 holes

They've got 2 courses right across the street from one another, the other one is Kissimmee Bay. They both offer that All You Can Deal, just call them on the phone and they include it with the regular rates. I'm getting emails from them right now for $30-$35 for that deal

I played Victoria Hills about a month ago, with my brother. We were so excited, seeing it was rated as a top course in Sept-09 Golf Magazine. The greens were shot. The cold winter, and I assume lack of budget, did them in. I am told they have not yet recovered. The course has character though.

Disney has some good deals in the afternoons right now. Might want to go for a twilight round one day.

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 4979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!