IGNORED

Ouch - golf injuries...

saturnnights
Note: This thread is 6448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, here goes.... I have arthritis in both hands, tendinitis in both elbows, something wrong with my right shoulder, a bad knee and ankle (old soccer damage) and my feet hurt so bad a couple of hours after I walk 18 that I can barely walk. Other than that, I am in perfect shape... LOL

And, there is nothing short of losing the use of all my faculties that would make me quit this game. I just keep playing, if it hurts, OK. I can deal with it. I just could not deal with losing golf.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I've never really had any bad injuries just soreness and the occasional ankle tweak b/c the rough is hiding that nasty hole you never see until you hit it.

But my dad on the other hand has problems about once a year. His biggest is what a lot of people call tennis elbow. he will be playing great then try and make a shot he shouldn't and he ends up dropping the club and grabbing his elbow in pain. He normally continues to play but his game just goes after that shot. He won't listen to me after he does it and continues to play weekly and only taking advil and icing every so often. then he will get out on the course and it will start hurting and he whines. the funniest part is his playing buddies start calling him old and telling him he should sell his clubs. when he is hurting, he loses distance and will decide to lay up instead of going for it sometimes and his playing partners then tell him "we didn't come out here to lay up, if you want to lay up, you need to pick up a sport like badmiton." of course, he listens to them and kerplunk into the water and they all laugh. sometimes i think they enjoy watching each other blow up instead of scoring.

Titleist 905T Driver
Golden Bear 3/5 Wood
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW
Mizuno MP T 51* Black Ni GW
Cleveland 588 56* SWScotty Cameron Red X2 putterA&M Campus Course, Woodhollow (Longview, TX), Bryan Muni

Quite a few injuries over the 30+ years of playing. Some from errant Golf Balls and some from an actual swing. 2 years ago had a particularly painful thwack at the ball in a trap and cracked a bone in the back of my hand. And that was on the first hole. Played pretty well after that since I couldn't grip too tight or overswing. The next few weeks were pretty painful and couldn't play due the swelling and inflammation. Fortunately it was late in the season and healed before the following spring.
One errant golf ball injury tops the list. I was playing with a friend of mine and was waiting just off to the side as she swung at the ball. Neither one of us noticed that Pipe that was sticking out of the round just ahead and to the right of her. Right to the bone on my ankle on the fly. Dropped me like a wet sack of potatoes. Thank goodness it was only one hole to go before I could get the bar after 9 holes. Took a few Jack Daniel's on the rocks to dull the pain and get back out there and finish the round.

Note: This thread is 6448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!