IGNORED

Yahoo Fantasy golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 4931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just confirming. We have until tomorrow afternoon to finalize our roster right?

It says on the site that you have until 10:45 Pacific Time on January 7th to confirm your team.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm signed up and ready to go under the name Czervik Construction. I'd have no problem with a small wager, but I'd agree that a decision should be made in the next week or so and we'd need to figure out a fair way to do it so that we don't have to send out Moose and Rocco to help find people's checkbooks.

By the way, when I'm atop the standings, just think of this
http://www.carlspackler.com/sounds/032.mp3

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

not too bad so far. A little dissapointed in Stricker. Hopefully he'll come around.

Team Name - Cornbeef Golf

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

My gut was telling me to go with guys like Johnson, Glover, Watney, Kuchar, etc. I chickened out and went with more conservative picks (Stricker, Ogilvey, O'Hair, Casey). Oops!

Can't complain about the other guys, but Stricker was a huge disappointment.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Yea, I used Strick too, oh well. The good news is this fantasy golf thing is a marathon not a sprint. It's the longest fantasy season of any sport out there.

But I love the first event because it's a confidence building week for everyone. The field is so small it's nearly impossible to lay a complete egg. It's the upcoming events that have massive fields where it's going to to start getting tough for us. At any rate, it's cool to catch the replay right now in HD and DAMN do I want to retire to Maui!!!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We did pretty good; we only had three guys not enter teams. I think if guys are inactive too long from the group I will delete them from it.

As for this event, everyone should be relatively close by the end with no cut and a small field. In terms of the league, the real fun starts next week with the full field events.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Well I actually surprised myself with my picks, but with it being such a small field it made it much easier. When the Field becomes bigger, I dont know who Im going to pick and thats when Ill start going downhill. Stricker not doing as good hurt me, but glover and cink kept me in there.

In my Nike Xtreme Carry Lite II Bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XLS 9.5
Fairway Wood:Nike DyMo2 4 wood
Hybrid:Nickent 3dx DC ironwood 3hIrons: Taylormade Burner Plus 4-AWPutter: Yes! TiffanyShoes: Footjoy Greenjoys

Who are these people:

-Get in the Hole!
-TroutBum
-Dirty Bird Special
-Tiger Woods
-Golf Ball Whacker Guys
-Tiger's Morning Woods
-Melbourne Shaun
-Chubbz Peterson
-San Jose Beacons

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Who are these people:

The "Golf Ball Whacker Guys" are me. I see there is an additional Happy Gilmore reference in that list... Chubbz... nice. Whomever named their team "Get in the Hole" should be tarred and feathered... then shot in the face. It is probably the single most obnoxious phrase ever devised.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
The "Golf Ball Whacker Guys" are me. I see there is an additional Happy Gilmore reference in that list... Chubbz... nice. Whomever named their team "Get in the Hole" should be tarred and feathered... then shot in the face. It is probably the single most obnoxious phrase ever devised.

Give 'em the benefit of the doubt - it may have been tongue-in-cheek.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, after 2 days they're in first so maybe they should be killed off.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It's probably someone who isn't a member of the forum and just views it. Probably same deal with all the other people who haven't posted who they are. I've compiled a list of everyone and their team name and I can't figure out who 10 of them are(they're posted in the message box). If they don't post who they are here in the forum or on the message board in the next couple days they should just be deleted from the league or something.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I'm entered as Tiger Woods. Hopefully I can do better than last year. And no, I'm not staying at Bay Hill with Arnie!
In the Bag:
Driver: R7 425
FW Woods: SQ
4-PW: MP-57
GW: 252-08SW: MP-T Black Ni 56-14LW: MP-T Black Ni 60-05Putter: White Hot #5 CSBall: Pro-V1

Give 'em the benefit of the doubt - it may have been tongue-in-cheek.

I wasn't too serious, and I sure would hope it is... because if not, well he better not be standing next to me at Quail Hollow this year.

good point... anyone leading or in let's say the top 3 spots will hereby be removed at the conclusion of week 1... they may rejoin under a different name and start all over if they so choose. Obviously they had some insider knowledge which is strictly prohibited.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

good point... anyone leading or in let's say the top 3 spots will hereby be removed at the conclusion of week 1... they may rejoin under a different name and start all over if they so choose. Obviously they had some insider knowledge which is strictly prohibited.

No, wait, i'm number 3. How 'bout the top 2 spots?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Here's a complete list of everyone and their team name:

DaSportsGuy~DaSportsGuy's
jamo~BetterThanBarkley
Nickynoodles~Nicky Woods
JetFan1983~Battlefield Promotion
rogerw~Snaffy's Newbs
Quinn07~Tiger's Girls
MrOuch~Hoosiers
joshiemac25~Hopeless Hackers
14ledo81~Red Pine Ridgers
Alex B~ The Dinker
srjorion~Searchin' for Birdies
PutterHead~BirdieBoyz
meyer378~Bogey Golfstars.
Chief Broom~Sweepsclean
wkdspd~wkdspd
mkpkr~BingoBangoBongo with Elin
Sandplay~Sandplay
IPgolfer~IPgolfer
obiwan21~Cservik Construction
lcfd4z~Cornbeef Golf
JTSkinz21~Chubbz Peterson
makgolfn~Tiger Woods
RIduffer~RIduffer
iacas~Barzeski's Bums
bunkerking321~bunkerkings
cubdog~cubdog
GoGolfing~GoGolfing
iammpspeer~iammpspeer(Patrick)
Flipmode~Flipmode
Big_M~Golf Ball Whacker Guys

Nobody knows who these people are(I've emailed Get in the Hole! and Bluenoser(they showed their email addresses) and didn't get a response):

-Get in the Hole!
-TroutBum
-Dirty Bird Special
-Tiger's Morning Woods
-Melbourne Shaun
-San Jose Beacons
-Iowa Chops
-Bluenoser

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

I think theres also a few guys at the bottom that must have not put in a starting line up. They have 0 points. How in the heck do you join a fantasy league and not put in a line up for week 1? Ive seen people do horrible and after 8 weeks not put a line up in and quit, but never on week 1. They should definitely be removed from the league.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

Note: This thread is 4931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!