IGNORED

golf glove under arm pit question...

Zack
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can this be used as a training aid for every club? I am working on a few things with my swing and would like to incorporate this in as well. Thanks!

Zack

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Yep any club, and either armpit actually!

Depends what your working on which armpit to use. Sometimes use both armpits.
Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

What are you working on when you have the gloves in the different armpits?
Driver- SuperTri 9.5*
Wood- 906 F2 13*
Hybrids- Rescue TP 17*
Irons(4-PW)- R9 TP w/ KBS Tour
Wedge-ZTP 52* w/ KBS Tour Wedge-58* VokeyPutter- Studio Select New Port 2 Mid-SlantBall-TP Black/Red

So is it best to do this drill with gloves in both armpits?
Driver- SuperTri 9.5*
Wood- 906 F2 13*
Hybrids- Rescue TP 17*
Irons(4-PW)- R9 TP w/ KBS Tour
Wedge-ZTP 52* w/ KBS Tour Wedge-58* VokeyPutter- Studio Select New Port 2 Mid-SlantBall-TP Black/Red

As a right-hander, I have only performed this drill with a glove in my right armpit. When would I put a glove under my left armpit or in both at the same time?

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Cool, I will start to use this method than. Thanks for the replies.

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Should the glove come out of the armpit towards the end of the swing? Or should it stay in the armpit throughout the entire swing?

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

It will come out shortly after impact, which is fine, its impossible to keep it under your left arm pit through the whole follow through. Well not impossible but you sure look funny trying to keep it in there.

Oh and on course, if you feel disconnected, just tuck part of your shirt under your armpit and try to keep that shirt tucked in there through the swing, it definitely helps get your swing back on track.

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

It will come out shortly after impact, which is fine, its impossible to keep it under your left arm pit through the whole follow through. Well not impossible but you sure look funny trying to keep it in there.

Ok, I was going to just try and keep the glove under my right arm pit. Does it matter which arm really? Right or left? I am right handed.

X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

I saw a Pro on the Golf Channel that just pulls his shirt up under the armpits instead of putting a glove in there. It is the same effect in that you are aware of the connection between the arms and torso.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're right handed wouldn't it make sense to have it under your right armpit. I thought you did this to cure the chicken wing. To keep that right elbow from flying out.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Hi everyone, newbee here. I'm really confused about this post. I can understand why you would want a glove under the left arm (for rightees), actually I saw a video of VJ using it. But why would you want one under the right? For a full backswing don't you want your hands as far as possible from your right ear? If so the glove would fall out because the upper right arm moves away from the torso.

Thanks,
Wali

I agree with Wali, there shouldnt be a reason for a righty to have the glove under their right arm, how can you even keep that in place once you more than halfway through the backswing?

When im with my coach he has the glove under my left arm to keep me from trying to start my downswing with my arms and instead keep them connected to my torso and to start the swing from the hips upwards and not relase my arms until about half way down.

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

Hi everyone, newbee here. I'm really confused about this post. I can understand why you would want a glove under the left arm (for rightees), actually I saw a video of VJ using it. But why would you want one under the right? For a full backswing don't you want your hands as far as possible from your right ear? If so the glove would fall out because the upper right arm moves away from the torso.

Both ways have it's benefits. For a right-hander, putting it under the left armpit helps to keep the torso and arms connected whereas putting it under the right armpit helps prevent a chicken wing in the backswing.

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!