IGNORED

What fairway woods to get?

Note: This thread is 5190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is it you like about the Bobby Jones fairway woods or hybrids.

well, the hybrids have more of a traditional fw shape which I like. Both the hybrids and fairway woods have a shape that allows them to be hit off the deck with ease much like the aforementioned steelhead. I'm a traditionalist and I'm a bit put off by the standard hybrid look. I was killing the Idea Pro tonight though.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

I spent a long time choosing a fairway wood a couple of months ago. I wanted something which sat nice and tight behind the ball for fairway shots. It came down to the TM R9 or the Ping G10/G15's. Not the most affordable clubs but certainly the best for me. I chose the R9 after finding a great deal on it for £99 (ex-display but never been swung).
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I appreciate all of those of you who replied. Your input was helpful in my decision. As my signature indicates, I decided on the Cleveland Hibore XLS 3 & 5 woods. After spending a fair amount of time in front of the launch monitor at a local golf shop the choice was fairly easy.

I hit 50 range balls yesterday with the 3 Wood XLS and loved it, I originally planned on a Nike Sumo Sq but after the session I am going out today to demo the club again to make sure it was not a fluke.

I hit 50 range balls yesterday with the 3 Wood XLS and loved it, I originally planned on a Nike Sumo Sq but after the session I am going out today to demo the club again to make sure it was not a fluke.

I think they Hibore's get discounted as not being great clubs next to the Launchers, but I liked the Hibore better. I won't be able to take them to the course for several weeks, but they felt good and the numbers supported what I was trying to achieve. I hope it works out for you as well.

In mySasquatch bag:
07 Burner 9.5°
Hibore XLS 3 & 5 woods
735 CM 4-pw
52°, 56°, 60° G2i Craz-e C

Try out the Taylormade burner woods. I have the one without the big "B" on it

In the bag:

Driver: R9 460
Fairway Woods:FT 3 Wood, Burner 5 Wood
Irons: R7 DrawWedges: 56 sand, Bob Vokey Spin-Milled 60 LobPutter: DetourBall: NXT Extreme

I'm a bit of a short hitter so my 3 wood comes out more often than most people and I've been very happy with my Nike Dymo - it replaced my Sasquatch 4 wood which I wasn't confident off the deck with. Cuts through grass very nicely, forgiving (I'm pretty decent off the deck now) and consistent.

I opted for the square one but I think I would have been perfectly happy with the regular one too - I tried both and found the square slightly more forgiving with very little negative impact.

Note: This thread is 5190 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!