Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i've played the one black (the previous model) and it's a nice ball. spins enough to be able to hit spinning chips and it goes miles. it's not too soft but it would fit well with the insert in my putter, the one tour feels too soft
it's similar to the Pro V1x even though i like the titleist better.

Anybody played (or play) the ONE Tour D?

I think it's a great ball, it sticks on the green for me without a problem. It's not as spinny as the One Tour or Penta is, but is nice and long. I'd say it's probably my primary ball, as I use it at least 50% of the time, if not more. When I'm not using it, I'm either trying out something else to see how it performs (out of curiosity, not out of need), or I'm playing the One Tour. It's kinda hard for me to give definitive distance numbers on it because lately it has either been pretty windy or freezing ass cold, but it is consistently one of the top 2 or 3 longest balls I play. As far as softness and feel goes, it's not the softest ball I play, but I wouldnt by any means call it a hard or harsh. It feels softer than the Juice, the Cally Warbird to me. Never played the Z Star, so I cant compare to that, and I have played the E5, and I remember liking it, but as far as a comparison between it and the One Tour D, I cant remember enough about it to give you an honest comparison. Sorry...

• 1 year later...

I liked my experience last season with the Tour D for the above stated reasons.  I don't yet have a consistent swing to produce high swing speed or spin, but the ball felt good off the wedges and putter, and it had very good durability.  I only used five or six of them (found), but based on my use, I would definitely buy them if the price was coming down to make it a worthy mid handicapper ball.

Working at a golf course has it perks, as I'm sure anyone who has worked at one themselves knows, you tend to collect a lot of golf, particularly high end balls. That being said, the One Tour D is the only ball I will actually go out and buy. Offers distance up there with any other high end, distance oriented balls (Pro V1x, etc.), but offers better feel around the greens and in the short irons.

If you ask me, it's possibly the best all round ball I've played, for my skill level anyways.

Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!